Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:58 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 51Gk1ChIhjL._SX500_

Excellent film that strikes the perfect balance between comedy and also realistically dealing with the dramatic elements of the illness. Gordon-Leavitt is excellent as usual and Anna Kendrick is a joy as his therapist. Rogen is essentially playing himself, as the film is based on the true-life experience of Rogen's best friend Will Reiser getting diagnosed with cancer, Reiser wrote the screenplay.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm

kmorg wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 51MGoDVgtzL._SL500_AA300_

Awesome!

This is the third time I've seen it and I'm getting more of the jokes this time around. LIke after the girl gets pulled into the commode in the outhouse, the other kids start wondering where she went and one guy says "She probably fell asleep; she was sh1tfaced". And when the guys discover the shed of tools the one guy has a hammer and a sickle and when he holds them up, the German zombies get enraged. Stuff like that that I never noticed before.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Watching Parks and Rec season 4 on Netflix
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Cold Case

Now:

Pirates: Band Of Misfits
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:03 pm

The Three Stooges

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Finally saw Cabin In The Woods. Everything was as good as I expected.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Starting a Night Court marathon with my mom and her husband from now til Monday. My first weekend in a month and it's a three day one, sweet! I loose a day of pay but all the August overtime more than makes up for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 pm

007 wrote:
Finally saw Cabin In The Woods. Everything was as good as I expected.

The speaker phone gag was one of my favorites. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 pm

With the kids this evening:

"Scooby-Doo" (2002)

Live action version of the cartoon classic reunites the Mystery Inc. crew to solve a mystery on Spooky Island, a horror-themed tropical amusement park. Lots of garish sets, loud noises and cheap-on-purpose (at least I hope it was on purpose) CGI follows.

This flick is total kid stuff, of course, but I have to admit that it wasn't nearly as painful as I'd expected. Thankfully the filmmakers were thoughtful enough to provide some eye candy for Dad, in the form of Sarah Michelle Gellar as a butt kicking Daphne and Isla ("Wedding Crashers") Fisher as an island cutie who befriends the Mystery Machine gang.

Oh, and I swear that Matthew "Scream" Lillard was born to play Shaggy. Laughing very hard

My kids thought it was a hoot and I've seen worse. Let's leave it at that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh, and I swear that Matthew "Scream" Lillard was born to play Shaggy. Laughing very hard

QFT! If I didn't know better I'd swear he was the same person who did Shaggy's voice in the cartoon (despite his age not making that possible).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 am

Rocket Science (2007) - well made little indie comedy/drama.
Adventureland (2009) - surprisingly low-key romantic comedy, nicely done if a little too long.
Snow White And The Huntsman (2012) - much better than I expected, very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:26 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:05 am

Yesterday 'East of Eden' and 'Rebel Without a Cause'
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 am

Big Trouble in Little China

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

QFT! If I didn't know better I'd swear he was the same person who did Shaggy's voice in the cartoon (despite his age not making that possible).

He does do Shaggy's voice in the newest series on Cartoon Network, "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated."

Casey Kasem, Shaggy's former voice artist, has turned up on the show a few times as Shaggy's father.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 am

"Deception" (2008)

A jet set lawyer (Hugh Jackman) befriends a dorky corporate accountant (Ewan McGregor) and introduces him to life in the fast lane. Of course, eventually Accountant Boy learns that his new pal nas a dark side.

Stylish thriller w/decent performances even if it did drag for a bit in the middle.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:02 am

Empire Of The Ants (1977). An okay flick about giant ants running amok in the Florida swamps due to the illegal dumping and spillage of raadioactive waste (that old chestnut).Pretty poor special effects (I swear Them! did it better back in the 50s) but still fairly entertaining.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:12 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 517BGRW6HRL._SL500_AA300_

Some nice little homages in this which is appropriate since it's modelled after 80's creature flicks. "Henenlotter's Lodge", "RJ McCready Funeral Home", etc...

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

"Men in Black" (1997)

A grizzled veteran (Tommy Lee Jones) of a secret organization that monitors extraterrestrial life on Earth recruits a young NYPD hothead (Will Smith) into the fold, then the pair have to solve an intergalactic mystery to prevent our planet's destruction. A fast, funny, action packed mega-hit that pretty much cemented Smith's status as a bankable movie star and spawned two sequels.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

The Expendables 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Longmire
Ghost Rider
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Since the Cardinals played (and lost) this afternoon, I'm watching one of my all-time favorite movies:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 51AK53733VL._SL500_AA300_

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:15 pm

I watched a Family Guy episode this evening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Big Bang Theory
Night Court
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next