Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey Godzilla Fans....

GODZILLA is being remade AGAIN and will hit theaters in 2014. There was a movie poster and quick teaser trailer debuted at Comic Con this year (all the teaser trailers on youtube are fake so beware). Very little info as of yet. Here is the teaser movie poster:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Godzilla-teaser-poster-426x300

The director is Gareth Edwards who directed and did the visual effects for the low budget film "Monsters". The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer who among other things wrote all three of the recent Batman films.

The producers have stated they are aiming toward the dark tone of the original 1954 Godzilla for this new film.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:34 pm

^^ Yeah, I've heard/read about the new "G." Hopefully they've learned from the mistakes of the Emmerich version!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Why?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 pm

I had read about this new remake as well. I don't mind that they're doing (my curiousity is piqued) and it has to be better than the '98 one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:44 pm

The funny thing is how angry the '98 version made me while I was watching it last night... and I'm not even a hardcore Godzilla/kaiju fan. I mean, I've seen my share of the "G" films over the years but I'm far from a diehard like Toho is. I couldn't tell you which films make up the "Showa era" or the "Millennium Era" or whatever, but throughout the '98 version I kept going "That's wrong! That's wrong! That's totally wrong! THAT is bullsh*t!"

...so if a casual fan like myself was getting torqued off, I can only imagine how homicidal Toho must've been!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Why?

Because the '98 version sucked so bad...and because there is a new generation of teenagers out there that have never seen a Godzilla movie in the theater...lots of available money to be made from ticket sales because of that.

It's the exact same reason Toho started making Godzilla films again in the 80s, new generation means a brand new target audience that spends money.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:19 pm

The only good thing that came out of the 98 Godzilla debacle was this Taco Bell tie in commercial:

"I theenk I'm gonna need a beeger box." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm

As much as people complain about the look of the '98 Godzilla, one thing they forget about is that TOHO approved that design. Part of the deal with TOHO was they got final approval on all aspects of the creature design, if they had refused it then Emmerich and team would have to go back to the drawing board and do it again. That didn't happen, so you can lay just as much blame on the original studio as Emmerich and crew.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Yeah, that's true, but you can't really blame Toho for getting into bed w/Emmerich; after all he'd just made "Independence Day" and that movie made more money than God. They must've figured "Cha-CHING! This will be a slam dunk!"

However, the choice to "re-design" Godzilla was one of the worst decisions ever. They'd been making Godzilla movies for almost 50 years at that point; almost everyone knows what Godzilla looks like. Why change it?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeah, that's true, but you can't really blame Toho for getting into bed w/Emmerich; after all he'd just made "Independence Day" and that movie made more money than God. They must've figured "Cha-CHING! This will be a slam dunk!"

However, the choice to "re-design" Godzilla was one of the worst decisions ever. They'd been making Godzilla movies for almost 50 years at that point; almost everyone knows what Godzilla looks like. Why change it?

Not to mention the redesign looked like a reptilian Jay Leno.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Not to mention the redesign looked like a reptilian Jay Leno.

which should have been scary enough in its own right.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
Hey Godzilla Fans....

GODZILLA is being remade AGAIN and will hit theaters in 2014. There was a movie poster and quick teaser trailer debuted at Comic Con this year (all the teaser trailers on youtube are fake so beware). Very little info as of yet. Here is the teaser movie poster:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Godzilla-teaser-poster-426x300

The director is Gareth Edwards who directed and did the visual effects for the low budget film "Monsters". The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer who among other things wrote all three of the recent Batman films.

The producers have stated they are aiming toward the dark tone of the original 1954 Godzilla for this new film.

Awesome!!! I'd love to see this!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:52 pm

I liked "Monsters" so maybe there's a chance for this to be good. I just hope they inject some new ideas into the story.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Inglourious Basterds
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Speaking of Godzilla, anyone ever play the old NES game? I used to love that one back in the day. I had more sucesse playing Mothra than Godzilla though.

Earlier today I watched:

Benny Hill
The Big Bang Theory

And now with On Demand I'm catching up with:

Grimm
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 am

Yesterday I caught the last of the Dodgers and Giants game. Watched a little college football after that and then That Metal Show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Caught the tail end of a Syfy Channel cheapie called "Sand Sharks" w/my kids last night - hilariously awful crap that basically takes the "Tremors" premise and replaces the Graboids with prehistoric sharks that can "swim" through sand. Uh, yeah, suuuuuure. Stretching the boundaries of believability even more, Brooke Hogan (Hulk's daughter) plays a scientist of some sort.

That was followed by the premiere of The Asylum's "Two Headed Shark Attack," which I recorded for viewing later simply because after "Sand Sharks" I didn't think my brain could handle that much badness in one night. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Was under the weather, so had a two day movie marathon of sorts

Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol (This was good, and Patton is some serious eye-candy)

Safe House (Excellent Denzel being a BA movie)

Alien Origins (Impulsive Red Box rental. It's awful. Avoid at all costs. I will spoil it for you. There are no aliens to be seen, and it's just a bunch of people walking through the forest shooting into the jungle at an unseen enemy. Just terrible)

Lockout (Meh, it was O.K. A space prison rescue movie)

Silent House (Spooky sort-of ghost story. Nothing new here. Very average.)

Black Mama, White Mama (We have Bounce TV, and the wife and I have been catching some really cheesy 70's stuff on here. This one had Pam Grier, so I was down, but holy crap was this awful)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - (My youngest just finished the book so we rented it. I find the Harry Potter movies just slightly boring, but I'm not invested in the books. )
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Watched my Rams once again pretend they were going to pull a major upset before blowing it in the final minute of the game.

And now I'm watching the Cardinals who blew a 2 run lead in the 9th and are now in the dreaded extra innings where they're record is simply awful. And Missouri got pounded in the SEC debut. Lousy sports weekend in the STL.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

i sweated through the Eagles Browns game.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Well the Cards ended up pulling it out 5-4 in the 10th to salvage a game against Milwaukee so at least the weekend wasn't a total sports bust.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm alternating between the Steelers vs. Broncos game and the Dodgers and Giants game. Hoping the Dodgers will win.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Snapped
How To Train Your Dragon TV series
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 am

"Men in Black II" (2002)

The now-veteran Agent "J" (Will Smith) has to call "K" (Tommy Lee Jones) out of retirement in order to battle a threat to Earth (an alien beastie that takes the very hot Lara Flynn Boyle as its "human" form) which has ties to one of K's most famous past cases.

Just like the first one, this is fast, funny, action packed slapstick stuff with tons of cool creatures.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next