Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Motley Crue single

Go down 
+15
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
Thrasher73
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
glassprison
MEGATRON
MetalGuy71
krokus
akeldama
Eyesore
Hadley
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

New Motley Crue single Empty
PostSubject: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:05 pm

(Possibly NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZR9KGYVSB8

Ehh,,im not really feeling this one, sounds too much like an outtake to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Nearly everything they've done since Dr. Feelgood has sounded like an outtake.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Almost everything they've done with the exception of the first two albums and the two with Corabi blows goats. Vince sucks! They either need to get Crabby back or just disappear already.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 am

They only did one with Corabi.
I think that SAINT OF LOS ANGELES is a great album. Best since DR.FEELGOOD.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:33 am

krokus wrote:
They only did one with Corabi.

They did one full-length, Motley Crue, and an EP callled Quaternary of which I have the bonus tracks version, Korean import I think.

I actually like New Tattoo as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 am

I guess I'm a fanboy. I've liked all of their albums to some degree. Of course some are better than others, but all of them have some charm to them. Yes, even Generation Swine. I really like Saints of Los Angeles.

The new song sounds like Motley Crue to me. It's not great, but it's no dog either. What are you folks expecting from them at this point? They do what they do, good, bad or otherwise.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 am

I like something on all their albums to some degree and I'm not expecting Too Fast For Love part 2 but they just sound like they're going through the motions anymore. Mick is a killer and grotesquely underrated guitar player but Vince is the low point and I know most people think otherwise. I'll always be a fanboy too b/c when I was a lad they were my fave band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am

Quote :
they just sound like they're going through the motions anymore.

I suppose I can agree with that on some level.

They've all tried going in their own directions with solo projects of varying success, but at this point in their careers, they know where their bread is buttered. If they have to put on the Crue uniforms once again to collect a paycheck, I'm ok with that.

Quote :
Vince is the low point and I know most people think otherwise

Vince live is a trainwreck, but in the studio, he can still pull it off well enough.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 am

Saints of LA is a great album. This new song is the worst thing Crue has done since Generation Swine. The lyrics are forced, the guitar playing is generic and Tommy sounds like a drum machine.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:33 pm

I like a lot of their new stuff, too, but nothing is great. So many of those early riffs and choruses—and songs—are timeless. The newer stuff comes off like throwaway tracks in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:00 am

Recycling this old thread. Fitting since this song does that with Pantera's "Primal Concrete Sledge."

It's an okay song, which is pretty much all these guys are capable of these day. Par for the course.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:50 am

It's their last song ever (or so we are told) and they don't include a guitar solo?!?

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:35 am

Yeah, I would agree with Eyesore, that song is more or less what's been par for the course over the last 25 years.

I guess I missed this thread the first time around. Granted, our love for music and it's overall affect on us will bring up varying opinions, but I had no idea Saints of Los Angeles would be deemed a "great" album by anyone! Is it great based off their prior works or great when you pit it up against other music out there?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 am

Sounds like a Shinedown song...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 am

Final tour dates announced as well...

North America (with very special guest Alice Cooper except dates marked with *)

Jul. 22 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Arena
Jul. 24 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
Jul. 26 - Billings, MT - Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark
Jul. 28 - Boise, ID - Taco Bell Arena
Jul. 29 - Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
Jul. 31 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
Aug. 03 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Aug. 05 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
Aug. 07 - Milwaukee, WI - BMO Harris Bradley Center
Aug. 08 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena
Aug. 09 - Detroit, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
Aug. 11 - Hershey, PA - Giant Center
Aug. 12 - New York, NY - Barclays Center
Aug. 14 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Aug. 15 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center
Aug. 16 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
Aug. 18 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Aug. 19 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
Aug. 20 - Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Aug. 22 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Aug. 23 - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre
Aug. 24 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Aug. 26 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena
Aug. 28 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
Aug. 29 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
Aug. 30 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
Sep. 02 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena *
Sep. 04 - New Orleans, LA - Smoothie King Center
Sep. 05 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center *
Sep. 06 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome *
Sep. 08 - Monterrey, NL - Arena Monterrey *
Sep. 10 - Mexico City, DF - Arena Ciudad de Mexico *
[to be announced] Las Vegas, NV - [to be announced] *
Dec. 31 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center *

I'll be there for the Philly show. Looking forward to seeing Coop as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:27 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I had no idea Saints of Los Angeles would be deemed a "great" album by anyone! Is it great based off their prior works  or great when you pit it up against other music out there?

It was written to be a soundtrack to their book 'The Dirt', so the songs follow a progression of their career. I think it's one of their stronger full albums in years. No filler in my opinion.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:03 pm

glassprison wrote:
It's their last song ever (or so we are told) and they don't include a guitar solo?!?

I think they clarified a while back and said they're only going to stop touring, not stop making music. So this song is supposedly just about the end of that part of Motley Crue, the touring.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sounds like a Shinedown song...

NO!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 pm

So, Doc McGhee has struck again. Man - I wish I was a McGhee offspring.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 pm

its a good thing they are retiring.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:05 am

Man it's hard to believe at one time I was a huge crue fanboy.I still like their older stuff but nothing they've done for a long time appeals to me.This new song is no exception.I wanna remember them for their glory days.Thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:47 am

Remember some of those old songs? Man, Nikki Sixx, at one time, could write such a killer riff. How is it possible that one loses that talent? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 3:04 am

The first two albums are great. They started getting mediocre after that IMO, although I do like some other songs like Wild side, Home Sweet Home and Kickstart My Heart.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 4:31 am

I thought they were great up through the self-titled with Corabi, the weakest of those albums being Girls, Girls, Girls. Don't think they ever topped Shout At The Devil, though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
I thought they were great up through the self-titled with Corabi, the weakest of those albums being Girls, Girls, Girls. Don't think they ever topped Shout At The Devil, though.

I agree.I even liked parts of New Tatoo but SATD is their magnum opus I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Motley Crue single
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next