Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue planning to hang it up

Go down 
+37
Short-Fuse
Big Rich
Glower
Smindas
Witchfinder
journeyman
James B.
mlotek
Metal Misfit
exact33
krokus
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
nevermore
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
jstate
MoonChild
manny
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Sword Of The Heretic
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Motley Crue planning to hang it up Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motley-crue-rip-all-bad-things-must-come-to-and-end/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm sorry for saying this, but thank God and hope it's for good.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:53 pm

And that'll be different how?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm sorry for saying this, but thank God and hope it's for good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm

If they want to retire, fine. If they decide to stay together, fine. Makes not one difference to my existence either way.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

if only they'd release Personality #9 now. All I ever listen to when I'm in the mood is Too Fast For Love, Motley Crab and Quaternary and sometimes Shout At The Devil but I concur that their retirement makes no difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

They've been hinting at it since last year.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 pm

I read a while back that they were planning to do just one more studio album and follow it up with a farewell tour.

I read that there are many people campaigning to get them to come to my home province for that final tour. I have no idea if the area will be successful in getting them to perform or not. Last year, Chris Brown was scheduled to perform over the summer as the headliner for a music festival, but some women's rights groups campaigned against him performing here due to his beatdown on Rihanna a few years earlier. They spread the word that they didn't want him in their province. Other special interest groups, as well as the mayor of the city, claimed they didn't want him to perform there, either. Sponsors were dropped because of this. Brown cancelled the show, but claimed it was for health reasons, not because of the backlash. The entire show got cancelled instead of having him replaced with a different headliner.

I wonder if Mötley Crüe will facea similar backlash if they do get scheduled to perform here. With a history of drug addiction, spousal abuse, and to top it off, Vince Neil's drunk driving incident that resulted in the death of Razzle from Hanoi Rocks, it makes me wonder how they'll react when you consider how they reacted when it was announced Chris Brown was performing here. Then again, a number of performers with criminal records and violence in their past came to the area as well and no one seemed bothered by it like they were with Chris Brown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
If they want to retire, fine.  If they decide to stay together, fine.  Makes not one difference to my existence either way.  

Yep.... I don't have any plans to go see the show, I was done with them after SATD...... there are some decent songs on Dr Feelgood, but outside of the first two albums and that one I don't need much Motley Crue
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 pm

I've never been on a forum where Cinderella is more liked than the Crue before.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 pm

I think it helps that Cinderella avoided putting out crappy music and avoided the overexposure that Motley Crue had.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 pm

(Shrugs) Ehh, no biggy for me. I got off the Crue bandwagon after Shout at the Devil anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 pm

I would like to see them at least once but beyond that I really don't care either way. The only album that I own is the greatest hits and that is enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 am

Nikki Says, "We've never kissed ass to the industry".   SURVEY SAYS:
Motley Crue planning to hang it up Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhEjPUg0T9U5AIiaO9MHCj1FINkcgziRaIUB48-Rgpl_BcbtfJ
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:49 am

it's okay, but give me last album and then go.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:47 am

I'm surprised that a lot of you guys don't like anything past SATD.I have liked a lot of their stuff since then.Of course I can agree with the fact it makes no difference to me if they retire or not.Theyve become pretty uninteresting in quite a few years but I still dig some of their older stuff like Theatre of Pain,parts of Girls,Girls,Girls, Dr Feelgood and I even liked New Tatoo.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 am

I like Motley Crue, but if they bow out so be it, I won't mourn their break up like I have a few bands. As far as seeing them live, not interested.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:37 am

I like Motley Crue but it wouldn't really bother me if they hung it up. I followed them up to their self titled release with Corabi but haven't heard a song from them since (except maybe a tune from Saints Of Los Angeles).
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:14 am

S.D. wrote:
If they want to retire, fine.  If they decide to stay together, fine.  Makes not one difference to my existence either way.  

Well, my sentiments as well.  happy 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:28 am

I can't believe there would be a single person (the band included) who really believes they are truly calling it a day.  Like just about every other group who has "retired" I'm just going on the assumption it's more of a break - then a big reunion sorta deal down the road.  And for the record I'm a big Crue fan.  They haven't had an album I haven't at least really liked.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 am

If they retire from touring, that's fine by me. I've seen them 3 or 4 times already, so I won't miss that. However, I'll miss new music from them. I've enjoyed all their albums to various degrees over the years. Even Generation Swine.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 am

I saw the Crue in 2004ish, the Carnival of Sins or whatever tour. I believe it was the first tour after it was all 4 original members again, after Tommy was back in the band?

The show was insanely awesome. The first half was hits across the first five albums, but the second half was almost all the other non-singles tracks from TFFL and SATD. Then the encore was just their cover tunes (Jailhouse Rock and Anarchy in the UK).

I'm glad as hell I got to see them, and that when I did it was the original four. I loved them growing up, everything up through Dr. Feelgood (plus Decade of Decadence). I've never been into much after that, until Saints of Los Angeles, but whatever...that goes for a lot of bands putting out albums in the mid/lates 90s and early 2000s, so I won't hold that against them.

That said, I do feel that 3 of the 4 members all seem like douches. And I wish Mick would do a solo record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 am

Quote :
And I wish Mick would do a solo record

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that he was working on an album, but that was awhile ago and haven't heard anything since.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:22 am

The world has Girls, Girls, Girls so pole dancers word wide have something to dance to.

I'd say that they have made their contribution to the world and we don't need anything else from these guys.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The world has Girls, Girls, Girls so pole dancers word wide have something to dance to.

I'd say that they have made their contribution to the world and we don't need anything else from these guys.

You just posted in another thread that you liked the Kelly Osbourne album. Your opinions on music have now plummeted faster than a fat kid on a water slide.  blech 

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue planning to hang it up   Motley Crue planning to hang it up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue planning to hang it up
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next