Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Motley Crue single

Go down 
+15
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
Thrasher73
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
glassprison
MEGATRON
MetalGuy71
krokus
akeldama
Eyesore
Hadley
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
Remember some of those old songs? Man, Nikki Sixx, at one time, could write such a killer riff. How is it possible that one loses that talent? I don't get it.

Yeah I think Nikki has been the talent of the band all these years.Guess he's just ran out of creative juices.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Remember some of those old songs? Man, Nikki Sixx, at one time, could write such a killer riff. How is it possible that one loses that talent? I don't get it.

Yeah I think Nikki has been the talent of the band all these years.Guess he's just ran out of creative juices.

I don't necessarily agree with you guys about Nikki (fanboy to the very end!! \'arry \'eadbanger ), but I do think great song writers CAN run out of ideas. Some just have more in their tank than others.

Take a look at those 6 songwriting teams in the other thread and then think about how long it's been since any of them wrote anything memorable. With the exception of Lennon (for obvious reasons), those other 5 have been coasting on fumes since the 80's. Razz

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22196-classic-songwriters

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:56 am

don't like it, video should be good but it's for epilepsy.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with you guys about Nikki...

Me neither.  Frankly, I thought SOLA was a great album. And his first two albums with Sixx A.M. were very inspired.  The last two Motley singles are both entertaining.  Nikki is an incredible talent.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3179

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Someone told me - that the final show - in LA - Dec 31 st
Alice Cooper is going to have 4 gulitines set up -
and will chop the heads off the Motley Crue members -
I wonder if Corabi will be there - for a guest appearence -
or those 2 blonde back-up singer babes - on the 'Wild Side' video -
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:23 pm

hmm it sounds good, like the idea.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 pm

I've listened to it a few times and it's just not good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't agree with this, I think he has grown as a songwriter, based on his SIXX: AM sidegroup.

I think he knows Motley Crue fans have certain exceptions and he rights with that audience in mind when he writes tunes for the Crue
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 7:01 pm

manny wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't agree with this, I think he has grown as a songwriter, based on his SIXX: AM sidegroup.

I think he knows Motley Crue fans have certain exceptions and he rights with that audience in mind when he writes tunes for the Crue

I'm not suggesting he can no longer write a good song, but this is a guy who wrote some of the greatest rock songs of all time. Classic, timeless, iconic riffs. What happened to that writer? Where are those anthemic, super-catchy choruses?

What song has he written since Dr. Feelgood that rivals anything on that album and those that came before it? I just don't hear it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 5:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm not suggesting he can no longer write a good song, but this is a guy who wrote some of the greatest rock songs of all time. Classic, timeless, iconic riffs. What happened to that writer? Where are those anthemic, super-catchy choruses?

What song has he written since Dr. Feelgood that rivals anything on that album and those that came before it? I just don't hear it.

nothing they have since has even come close to Feelgood.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Motley Crue single   New Motley Crue single - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Motley Crue single
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2