Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sanctuary Song!

Go down 
+26
Troublezone
choosemetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Citanul
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MoonChild
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
James B.
Gilbert
Wurthless
adrian
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Rex
tul
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Rex wrote:
Also, I bought the iTunes version, I see now there is a special edition digipak version with a cover a Doors song on it. I'd be grateful if anyone felt ok with sending that song to me. I'll dance at your wedding. Razz  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13816621/12%20Waiting%20For%20The%20Sun.mp3
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 pm

By the way, I listened to this album a few times today. While it is a more straightforward heavy metal album than compared to Nevermore, it still sounds like Nevermore to me. Warrell's voice and harmonies are just way too distinctive.

Really good album, too.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 pm

totaly forgot about the release of the album. Just ordered from amazon. from the samples it sounds like nevermore not sanctuary, but lets hope this is as good as the other nevermore releases
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks Ken!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Hopefully will get my copy soon. I cannot wait headbanger
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am

Nevermore or Sanctuary, makes no difference to me: this album is awesome either way. My favorite tracks are "Arise and Purify," "Let the Serpent Follow Me," and "One Final Day."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 am

I struck out at 2 different Best Buys trying to find this album. Guess I'll be ordering it on-line eventually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 am

According to Bestbuy.com, I have one in my area that has it in stock, but it's about 25 miles away. Hope I can make it out that way,I really don't feel like making a special trip that far just for a cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 am

007 wrote:
According to Bestbuy.com, I have one in my area that has it in stock, but it's about 25 miles away. Hope I can make it out that way,I really don't feel like making a special trip that far just for a cd.

Try FYE. I got a copy yesterday for $9.99

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Rex wrote:
Just listened. Its a good album and much more akin to Warrel's solo album than either old Sanctuary or Nevermore IMO.  

I like that, Agree.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:39 am

This album has been another pleasant surprise for me. I've been digging it way more than I thought I would. I could see this one making my Top 10 for the year.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Still waiting for my copy. Any good speedy songs?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Dam! Call it by whatever name you want, I love this cd. In Constant play here. headbanger

NP Sanctuary - Let The Serpent Follow Me
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Been playing this today while working--not getting a damn thing done haha. This is a really intense album with some solid songwriting. Heavy as hell and memorable without a certain brooding atmosphere similar to their early work. What a great reunion. Needs more attention. And Warrel sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 pm

So after totally forgetting that this new Sanctuary album existed for about four months, I finally gave it a few spins via Spotify today. Good stuff, but as everyone else seems to have said already, it doesn't sound that radically different from Nevermore. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to drop the Nevermore name.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 am

Because people were clamoring for new Sanctuary. I think it's about trying to move more units.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:37 am

^ Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I was under the impression that Nevermore had reached a point where they were doing pretty well on their own, without the Sanctuary tag...but then, who am I to try and understand the whims of the music biz? (shrugs)

Either way, I'll be picking up the CD eventually. Whichever name is on the front, it's the best thing I've heard from the Sanctu/Never/ary/more camp in a long time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 12:58 pm

It could also have been to avoid any battles over who has the rights to the Nevermore name. Going back to Sanctuary is preferable to being forced to go with "Warrel Dane and Jim Sheppard's Nevermore".
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Is there questions over the name?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Songs like "Exitium" and "Frozen," amongst others, are unmistakably Sanctuary.

Compared to the last few Nevermore outings, everything sounds revitalized. The production is great, and Warrel Dane's vocal performance is incredible. But I would have preferred it if their big comeback wasn't in the form of a concept album.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 5:25 am

i am still listening to it. It is a very good album.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Great album indeed. I just wished it had a real speed metal track.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Welp, whatever name they wanna go by, they've sold me a copy of The Year the Sun Died... just ordered it last night. :cheese:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 4:58 pm

At least the man knows his limitations...

Quote :
Speaking about the fact that he is no longer hitting the same high notes while performing the SANCTUARY classics during the band's current tour, Dane said:

"Well, you know, I'm not in my 20s anymore, so I have to be realistic and say… So, obviously, I'm not going to be singing like I've been sucking on a helium tank anymore. But at least, you know… I know people wanna hear these old songs, so you have to make an effort, at least. Yeah, it takes a little bit of practice, a little bit of rehearsing, and it all works out in the end, I guess. I hope people are happy. There's some people on the Internet that are pissed off that I don't sing it exactly the same as I did in 1988. I'm, like, really? C'mon! be realistic. I'm a human. I'm a flash machine. This is how it works. It's work. It's not easy. But you've gotta do it for people to show up at the shows."

Dane also addressed comparisons that some people have made between SANCTUARY's comeback album, "The Year The Sun Died", and the CDs that he made while a member of NEVERMORE. He said: "I think people are gonna say that this sounds like NEVERMORE because of one obvious reason: I'm singing. And I think for the bulk of many years, people have associated my voice with NEVERMORE, so, of course, when they hear this, they're gonna say it sounds like NEVERMORE. Whatever… But the music is completely f*cking different. And people kind of overlook that and just focus on the vocals, for some reason. I don't know why."

Added Lenny: "It [the comparison] doesn't bother me. Honestly, I welcome it. I mean, if people… What I hope is that people can enjoy both [NEVERMORE and SANCTUARY] and that they like it. I don't agree with it, but if you think it sounds like that, but you still enjoy it… That's what I'm hoping. I really don't think the music sounds like NEVERMORE. In a way, that's kind of a compliment, because, I mean, I thought the NEVERMORE stuff was very complex and deep. So, to me, it's, 'Hey, great.' I mean, at least they're not comparing it to some horrible band. It could be worse."

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sanctuary Song!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: