Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sanctuary Song!

Go down 
+26
Troublezone
choosemetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Citanul
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MoonChild
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
James B.
Gilbert
Wurthless
adrian
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Rex
tul
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:23 pm

This doesn't change my mind one bit. I'll be picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 am

after all I am not sure he can still sing like he used to in sanctuary. those screams may have become hard to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 am

Gilbert wrote:
after all I am not sure he can still sing like he used to in sanctuary. those screams may have become hard to achieve.

I would imagine you are right.After all it's 25 years later,I would say he doesn't have that kinda range anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:30 am

that is why we should not listen to this new album and expect sanctuary material. just enjoy the great music they deliver.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

I'll pass, this is awful.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I would imagine you are right.After all it's 25 years later,I would say he doesn't have that kinda range anymore.

Well, he doesn't sound like he did in 1987, but it's not bad. You can hear him struggle, though. His voice is definitely not suited for this kind of singing now.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

That is a little rough. Ouch.

Still, I think to expect someone to keep that kind of range for 25 years is unrealistic on a good day. NOBODY avoids some loss and I read wiki pages on Opera stars who lost it in middle age. It's just the nature of the beast.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 am

Who actually thought that, 26 years later, Warrell Dane was going to hit high notes?

New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Show-of-hands-300x202

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I thought what he did was fine. The warble he had in his 20s when he did it live was a little annoying to me.

I'm going to be singing this soon and it's a beast of a song to tackle.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 pm

First single/video released...

I don't care what name this is released under. This album will blend in nicely with my Nevermore playlist.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

headbanger That's a really cool song !
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 7:16 pm

This new song is really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 12:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't care what name this is released under. This album will blend in nicely with my Nevermore playlist.

Same here. Sounds like it's gonna be a killer album!

And I think they should re-record the first two albums, or maybe do what Testament did with First Strike Still Deadly and re-record songs from each and put them all on one album. I always hoped Nevermore would do that, but now is the perfect time for it. Some might scoff at that idea, but I'd love to hear those songs updated to this kind of sound.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:10 am

Frickin Sweet song,cannot wait to get the album!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And I think they should re-record the first two albums, or maybe do what Testament did with First Strike Still Deadly and re-record songs from each and put them all on one album.

I'd be down with that.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Doing a re-recording would just reinforce people's opinions that they want to sound more like NEVERMORE. They would tune down, use Andy Sneap/ProTools, same old album covers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Doing a re-recording would just reinforce people's opinions that they want to sound more like NEVERMORE.  They would tune down, use Andy Sneap/ProTools, same old album covers, etc.

Works for me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 3:31 pm

I just think it is best if they forge their own identity. They weren't very similar in the past.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Doing a re-recording would just reinforce people's opinions that they want to sound more like NEVERMORE.  They would tune down, use Andy Sneap/ProTools, same old album covers, etc.

Well, it's a start. And maybe Andy was on vacation. Smile

Quote :
The cover artwork for the album was created by Travis Smith

And just a theory and some speculation on my part, but do you think it's possible that Warrell Dane IS taking Sanctuary into new Nevermore territory for legal purposes? Maybe he can't record as Nevermore, so resurrecting Sanctuary with him as the leader is the next best thing. Not to mention, he knows his vocal limitations. He can't sound like he used to anymore, so why try?

EDIT: Chris "Zuess" Harris is the producer of this new Sanctuary album. Just looking at his past credits, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeuss) I'm going to go ahead and assume he's familiar with ProTools. He doesn't strike me as an "old school" kinda guy.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:49 am

Anyone else pick up the new album today? Thoughts?So far I'm diggin it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:46 am

I got the album yesterday. It sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:08 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

It's 4 AM!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

Just listened. Its a good album and much more akin to Warrel's solo album than either old Sanctuary or Nevermore IMO. There are some immediate stand outs and some growers I think. On the first listen, I think the back half of the album is a little slow. Not bad, but not as immediately grab-able as the first half. I was also working at the time, it could be that my attention wained towards that end too.

Also, I bought the iTunes version, I see now there is a special edition digipak version with a cover a Doors song on it. I'd be grateful if anyone felt ok with sending that song to me. I'll dance at your wedding. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 12:13 pm

FYI...If you can find a copy, this album is on sale this week at Best Buy for $8.99

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

It's 4 AM!

So?! Haha! The joys of working 2nd shift!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sanctuary Song!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next