Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sanctuary Song!

Go down 
+26
Troublezone
choosemetal
Runicen
DakotaRogers
Citanul
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MoonChild
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
James B.
Gilbert
Wurthless
adrian
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Rex
tul
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

New Sanctuary Song! Empty
PostSubject: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:45 am

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 am

headbanger

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 am

Heavy German accent "Bring It On"
Singer "We are..... Just a second...."

LOL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:24 am

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Sounds good. I wonder if and when we'll see a new album from them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Not bad. Hard for me to disassociate Sanctuary from Nevermore though. Especially if Warrell doesn't use his old Sanctuary voice.

Sounds like they were playing to a crowd of 15 people. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Sounds good!! I would like to hear something new that is a little more faster paced.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm outta the loop here. Does Nevermore still exist? Last I remember, there were a couple of band member changes/exits, and then Warrel did a solo record and now he's doing Sanctuary again. Does this mean Nevermore is done? Or are they just on hiatus while Warrel satisfies his old-school jones?

Just curious.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Great song!

Can't wait for a new SANCTUARY album!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm outta the loop here. Does Nevermore still exist? Last I remember, there were a couple of band member changes/exits, and then Warrel did a solo record and now he's doing Sanctuary again. Does this mean Nevermore is done? Or are they just on hiatus while Warrel satisfies his old-school jones?

Just curious.

I think never ore are done, especially since Loomis quit the band.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Will check the song out later today!

Nevermore is supposedly not over, but without Loomis and Williams, Warrel is wisely focusing on Sanctuary. Probably is hoping they'll come back eventually

Edit: just listened, sounds right along the lines of Into the Mirror Black, can't wait for the new album!

Last edited by adrian on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:42 pm

According to wikipedia, Nevermore is on hiatus at the moment.

Like everyone else, I'm really excited for the new Sanctuary stuff. Refuge Denied and Into the Mirror Black are two of my favorite metal albums.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: old song   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 am

I just found an old demo song.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:51 pm

Bump for a studio update.

Reunited '80s cult metal outfit SANCTUARY will enter Jack Endino's Soundhouse Studios in Seattle on Superbowl Sunday (February 2) with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SOULFLY, SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, MUNICIPAL WASTE) to begin recording its long-awaited band's "comeback" album, "The Year The Sun Died", due later in the year via Century Media Records.

SANCTUARY's current lineup:

Warrel Dane - Vocals
Lenny Rutledge - Guitar
Brad Hull - Guitars
Jim Sheppard - Bass
Dave Budbill - Drums

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Finally!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Yes!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm

yippie

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Can't wait just bcuz I love me some Great Dane.. I will say I do miss Jeff Loomis!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 am

Awesome news!Ive always liked Sanctuary over the Nevermore stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Sorry but that was terrible! He really needs to bring those screams back! That is why Sanctuary was what it was!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:42 am

Bump for new album info...

Quote :
Reunited '80s cult metal outfit SANCTUARY has completed work on its comeback album, "The Year The Sun Died", for a September 30 release (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media. Recorded in Seattle at Soundhouse Studios with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SOULFLY, SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, MUNICIPAL WASTE), the CD will feature 11 tracks and a bonus track, a cover of THE DOORS classic "Waiting For The Sun".

Comments SANCTUARY singer Warrel Dane: "Now that hell has officially frozen over and the pigs have flown, I can proudly say 'The Year The Sun Died' is finished. The record that nobody thought would ever get here has come in kicking... and yes, there is screaming!

"Working with Zeuss (a.k.a The Commander) was great. He really pushed us all to be better.

"This is a very modern-sounding record with roots still firmly planted in old-school six-string metal and I gotta give him creds for that."

On the topic of the sound of SANCTUARY's upcoming studio album, Dane said, "This record is not going to sound like the other two. It might sound very similar to the second one ('Into The Mirror Black'). It's definitely not going to sound like the first one, because we're all a little bit older and I can't come up with a c-clamp for a scrotum and a helium tank . . . It's not going to sound like the old ones... It's still gonna be that good, I think, and there's gonna be high-pitched screaming. I'm making sure of that. With NEVERMORE, high-pitched screaming was never really called for. You know, with SANCTUARY... of course it is."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks for the info. I like everything Dane sings on (save Serpent's Knight) so I'll definitely get this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Great to finally have a release date. I'll be on the lookout for it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Quote :
....Dane said, "This record is not going to sound like the other two. It might sound very similar to the second one ('Into The Mirror Black')...

What?  surprised insane don\'t know Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sanctuary Song!   New Sanctuary Song! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sanctuary Song!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next