Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?

Go down 
+31
MetalFRO
7thSaviour
dearth1980
Joe C
James B.
TH Joe
YngwieDokkenfan
akeldama
Addy
fixedk
powermacho
Tall Tyrion
Stender
stevegarveyfan
mez
SideShowDisaSter
Shiney
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
kmorg
krokus
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
mc666
sovdat
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Approaching Light Speed. It does rule, but then again, I love everything Barnabas released. They all rule, IMO. One of the best bands the Christian scene has ever produced, yet the "Christian scene" had nothing to do with it. Smile

QFT. Barnabas rules - shame the "Metal Archives" hasn't honored my request (after MONTHS now) to add them to the listing, because they deserve a spot there. "Approaching Light Speed" and "Feel the Fire" are both fantastic, and "Little Foxes" is solid as well. Not as big a fan of their earlier stuff (the cheese factor is a tad high in spots), but I'm on a hunt for their entire discography, including the elusive 45 w/ "Nicodemus" on there Very Happy

Great lists so far, everyone! I would echo nearly every band on the list, though for myself I'll say that Tourniquet is my all-time favorite band, so that will sum up my feelings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Of the bands I've actually heard, I totally agree with Ult's list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
computergeec
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm trying to find the name of a Christian metal band that I cannot remember. They came out in the early to mid 90's (94'ish?), the cover of the album was in blue, and Dale Thompson sang background vocals on a track or two. I think they only put out one album. For some reason the name Cain keeps coming to my mind; not sure if that was part of the name of the group or one of the songs.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
computergeec
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 pm

computergeec wrote:
I'm trying to find the name of a Christian metal band that I cannot remember. They came out in the early to mid 90's (94'ish?), the cover of the album was in blue, and Dale Thompson sang background vocals on a track or two. I think they only put out one album. For some reason the name Cain keeps coming to my mind; not sure if that was part of the name of the group or one of the songs.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
AHHHHH, just found them; Killed By Cain.
Loved those guys.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Sacred Warrior
Recon
Shout/ Ken Tamplin solo stuff
Die Happy
Barren Cross
Living Sacrifice
Sacrament
Deliverance
Believer
The Crucified
Angelica ( especially the first one with Rob Rock )
Daniel Band
Rez ( Innocent Blood is my fave from them )
Betrayal
Fighter
Novella
Seraiah

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 pm

its definitely gotta be the crucified. other notable thrashers like thresher and sacrament, and then other various bands like sacred warrior and circle of dust come close, though.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:06 pm

rawr! wrote:
its definitely gotta be the crucified. other notable thrashers like thresher and sacrament, and then other various bands like sacred warrior and circle of dust come close, though.

Love the Crucified! Got to see them a couple of times live, put on a great performance and got a wicked pit going.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 am

missing being a young adult in the 80s/early 90s is one of my biggest mistakes in being born. ever since their reunion ive been going crazy waiting for them to catch a tour that comes up north to san francisco. theyve only played a few shows so far, one of which was recorded by the place, so at least ive seen that (and they even played the two songs off their unfinished third full length).
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 am

In the course of 4 days 4th of july weekend in 91 I saw Believer, Living Sacrifice, POD, The Crucified, scaterd few, Mastedon, Guardian, Bride, Whitecross, and a bunch of others. What a great time to be a metalhead, I only live a couple of hours from Cornerstone Festival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4