Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?

Go down 
+31
MetalFRO
7thSaviour
dearth1980
Joe C
James B.
TH Joe
YngwieDokkenfan
akeldama
Addy
fixedk
powermacho
Tall Tyrion
Stender
stevegarveyfan
mez
SideShowDisaSter
Shiney
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
kmorg
krokus
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
mc666
sovdat
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I remember Barnabas being attacked (by the christian community) for one of the lyrics on Little Foxes - "Satan laughes your A** is mine"

"Kiss it goodbye, kiss it goodbye, kiss it GOODBYE!!!!!" 🤘

Great song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Wish I would have known that at the time. I would've bought it and played it real loud at church 'cause that's the kind of person I was. (am)
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:06 am

Actually, it was years before I knew that was the line. No lyrics sheet. Smile
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 am

kmorg wrote:
To sum it up; I listened to anything I could find!

Stryper, Bloodgood, Jerusalem, Messiah Prophet, Whitecross, Leviticus, Saint, Bride, Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Believer, The Lead, Daniel Band, Rosanna's Raiders, Mercy Rule, Guardian, Neon Cross, LightForce, Mortification, The Crucified, Recon, Seventh Seal, Barren Cross, King James, Tourniquet, Petra, Holy Soldier, Rage Of Angels, One Bad Pig, Living Sacrifice, Six Feet Deep, Angelica

BTW: Messiah Force was not a Christian band.

I like your list!! You listed Angelica. I loved them back then, and still do now. Do you have their Rock, Stock and Barrel album? Dennis Cameron is one awesome guitar player.

As far Christian Metal since 1992, my absolute favorite in Narnia. I have their 1998 album Awakening. If you're a Yngwie fan and want to hear a man who plays like Yngwie play his heart out for Christ, this album is the ultimate. Carl Johan Grimmark, a fellow Swede with an awesome heart for Christ, accompanies faith affirming lyrics with his awesome Yngwie-style neoclassical shred
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:55 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:

As far Christian Metal since 1992, my absolute favorite in Narnia. I have their 1998 album Awakening. If you're a Yngwie fan and want to hear a man who plays like Yngwie play his heart out for Christ, this album is the ultimate. Carl Johan Grimmark, a fellow Swede with an awesome heart for Christ, accompanies faith affirming lyrics with his awesome Yngwie-style neoclassical shred

Do you like Wisdom Call?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:23 am

Nazgul wrote:
Wish I would have known that at the time. I would've bought it and played it real loud at church 'cause that's the kind of person I was. (am)

LOL - and it is a great song!
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:13 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
YngwieDokkenfan wrote:

Do you like Wisdom Call?

Never heard of 'em. Are they similar to Narnia?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:36 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

Do you like Wisdom Call?

Features Narnia vocalist Christian Liljegren. It's a bit heavier than Narnia. I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:01 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

Do you like Wisdom Call?

Features Narnia vocalist Christian Liljegren. It's a bit heavier than Narnia. I like it a lot.

Sounds pretty cool. Is the guitarist Yngwie inspired like Grimmark? I'm a huge Yngwie fan. I enjoy not only the lightning technique of Yngwie and Grimmark, but also the melodic expressiveness with which they play. Grimmark knows how to play a beautiful melody and make his guitar sing, very much like Yngwie.

Other than Narnia, I especially enjoy Angelica and Whitecross. I'm hanging on to my cassette copies of these albums, as I have read that these albums are no longer being printed.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:42 am

If you like Narnia, Wisdom Call should be just what the dr. ordered.. CJ Grimmark had a solo album last year under the name "Grimmark". Check that one out as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:00 pm

1. Tourniquet
2. Deliverance
3. Vengeance Rising
4. Saint
5. Impellitteri
6. Mortification
7. Believer
8. Stryper
9. Ultimatum
10. Seventh Avenue
11. Die Happy
12. Precious Death
13. Narnia
14. Bloodgood
15. Shout/Ken Tamplin
16. The Crucified
17. Sacred Warrior
18. Bride
19. Extol
20. Living Sacrifice
21. Antestor
22. Sacrament
23. Crimson Thorn
24. Barren Cross
25. Sardonyx
26. Seventh Angel
27. Recon
28. Armageddon
29. Jesus Freaks
30. Haven
31. Betrayal
32. X-Sinner
33. Neon Cross
34. Stairway
35. Whitecross
36. Veni Domine
37. Joshua Perahia
38. Lightforce
39. Leviticus
40. Titanic

(whew...I'll stop here.)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:37 pm

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
kmorg wrote:
To sum it up; I listened to anything I could find!

Stryper, Bloodgood, Jerusalem, Messiah Prophet, Whitecross, Leviticus, Saint, Bride, Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Believer, The Lead, Daniel Band, Rosanna's Raiders, Mercy Rule, Guardian, Neon Cross, LightForce, Mortification, The Crucified, Recon, Seventh Seal, Barren Cross, King James, Tourniquet, Petra, Holy Soldier, Rage Of Angels, One Bad Pig, Living Sacrifice, Six Feet Deep, Angelica

BTW: Messiah Force was not a Christian band.

I like your list!! You listed Angelica. I loved them back then, and still do now. Do you have their Rock, Stock and Barrel album? Dennis Cameron is one awesome guitar player.

Sorry for the late reply: Yes, I have all of Angelica's studio albums. I'm only missing the compilation album, but I have all the songs on it though. Great band.

You should also look into the band Eden. The album "Fan The Flame" is great, not much different from classic Dokken, imo. It was re-released last year, I believe, but under a new band name, and new title. See my website for info on them.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:12 pm

My vote goes for Emerald

They wrote so many great tunes, too bad only "Armed" was ever released and the tunes on "Cal Metal 2" are only the guitar player and singer. The drums are programed sick
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Deliverance was my # 1 for a very very long time I still love the Big D

#2 Stryper
#3 Whitecross
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 pm

A few more that are highly underrated

Jesus Freaks
Red Sea
Oil
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:25 am

I always like Tempest and Rage of Angels
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Joe C
Metal novice
Metal novice
Joe C

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:43 pm

My top 5............

STRYPER
SAINT
GUARDIAN
ROB ROCK
ALICE COOPER
Back to top Go down
dearth1980
Metal novice
Metal novice
dearth1980

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: bad ass band just can't remember the name anybody help   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 am

hey i know this was a long long time ago but i was wondering if anyone remembered the name of this old christian metal band. They had a girl singer and they had this song called skate or die the words were something like: you say your motto is skate or die but jesus died and do you know why you say you know god really well but you went and put him on a shelf you could be skating for the king of kings but your not skating for anything
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:37 am

dearth1980 wrote:
hey i know this was a long long time ago but i was wondering if anyone remembered the name of this old christian metal band. They had a girl singer and they had this song called skate or die the words were something like: you say your motto is skate or die but jesus died and do you know why you say you know god really well but you went and put him on a shelf you could be skating for the king of kings but your not skating for anything

That would be the crossover/hardcore band called the lead, the song was called "skate or die"...I think it was on there "burn this record" album. they were awesome, nina llopis was the female vocalists name. They also had julio rey who later did the grindcore band franks enemy.
Back to top Go down
dearth1980
Metal novice
Metal novice
dearth1980

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:40 am

awesome, thanks alot. I had that tape maybe 6 or 7 years ago and thought it was really cool but lost the tape and hadn't heard of them since.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 am

Y'all have already named most of the ones I love, but I'll go ahead and list 'em anyway:

Martyr
Tempest (Warren Harris's band)
Sekel
Immortal
Deliverance
Believer
Tourniquet
Empty Tomb
Vengeance Rising
Red Ink
Drop Dead
Lightforce
Mortification
Guardian
Holy Soldier
Angelica
Sacrament

and many more I don't have time to list...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Stender wrote:

Barnabas(lightspeed or whatever that album is called rules!)

Approaching Light Speed. It does rule, but then again, I love everything Barnabas released. They all rule, IMO. One of the best bands the Christian scene has ever produced, yet the "Christian scene" had nothing to do with it. Smile

I absolutlely played the grooves off of 'Approaching Light Speed'..... NEVER FELT BETTER !!!! and NO FREEDOM!!!!... Feel the Fire needed a little more bottom end but that album RULED.... I did a tape only deal called 'The White Metal Show' back in the mid 80's and I used the intro to FTF as the Intro to my show. It was a lot of work.

Find your Heart a home left me wanting..... Little Foxes.... welllllll... I dug the tune China White...
I remember someone from Texas calling me about the line 'satan says your ass is mine.'..... No Lyric sheet and so I couldn't quite make the whole thing out. No ... but it's posted here so it must be so!!! lol

A real Holy Grail would be to see some LIVE Barnabas video on as I understand it they only did about 50 shows total..

They were a big favorite of mine and pull out their stuff on occassion. I would really like to get the Gospel According to Barnabas. Those mixes the Elephantes did beefed up the drumms and did make 'em sound really good. At least that's what I thought.

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 pm

1.Stryper
2.Sacred Warrior
3.Bloodgood
4.Barren Cross
5.Deliverance
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:15 pm

dearth1980 wrote:
awesome, thanks alot. I had that tape maybe 6 or 7 years ago and thought it was really cool but lost the tape and hadn't heard of them since.

yeah no problem dude. Welcome to the heart of metal. If you would like, I could burn ya the whole The lead discography on CD...just let me know.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:43 pm

My favorite bands during the 80's

Messiah Prophet
Saint
Stryper
Altar Boys
Daniel Band
Philadelphia
Stryken
Deliverance
Bloodgood
The 77's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?   Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite 80's/90's Christian Metal Band?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next