Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+32
Orion Crystal Ice
Joe
shamgar75
Nico
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Sutekh
iamrockerfun
CRIMSONMASK
Ricky
Wurthless
Hadley
manny
Fat Freddy
jstate
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
DeathCult
tohostudios
Leatherface
exact33
sheets
nevermore
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
chewie
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:58 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Cheers
Frasier

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
Supernatural season finale. Excellent ending with a great cliffhanger. Makes next season seem really far away.

This show started to lose me around season 4, it just seemed to go off the deep end once the whole "war of the angels" arc began. One of these days I'll give the later seasons another shot. I did enjoy the episode featuring Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters from Buffy that aired earlier this year.

This is one of those shows that has kept me intrigued from the get-go. I've thoroughly enjoyed every story line. This past season's Leviathan story arc was no exception and had a great pay off.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Last night :

Army Of Darkness
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Monsters
Reminds me of a low budget District 9

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:28 pm

The Last Legion
Eureka (On Demand)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:14 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The Last Legion
Eureka (On Demand)

Eureka rocks!!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Grimm (On Demand)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Last night I watched That Metal Show and Ring Of Honor Wrestling. Today I watched the Miami Heat/Indiana Pacers game.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:29 am

"WALL-E" (2008)

Sci-fi 'toon from Disney/Pixar set hundreds of years in the future, in which a lonely garbage-collecting robot -- the last of his kind -- inadvertently discovers proof that it's safe for mankind to return to a polluted Earth.

Beautifully animated as usual, the flick contains some rather pointed messages about the environment, as well as about the effects of humanity's rampant consumerism and its tendency to let technology do everything for them. It might sound heavy handed but it doesn't skimp on the laughs, and even has a few tear-jerking moments. I loved it. This may be the best Pixar film yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:43 am

I never watch animated films (no kids, so I'm not forced to), but I did see Wall-E and loved it. When he "turns on" it's the Mac startup sound...there was applause in the theater when that happened, it was a funny in-joke.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:49 am

Quote :
I never watch animated films (no kids, so I'm not forced to), but I did see Wall-E and loved it. When he "turns on" it's the Mac startup sound...there was applause in the theater when that happened, it was a funny in-joke.

I borrowed Wall-E from the library for the kids and though they watched a bit of it they lost interest pretty quickly (short attention spans...haha) but I got involved in it so I sez to myself, "screw'em, I'll watch it myself after they go to bed!" so I did. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:08 am

Drive
Rango
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I borrowed Wall-E from the library for the kids and though they watched a bit of it they lost interest pretty quickly (short attention spans...haha) but I got involved in it so I sez to myself, "screw'em, I'll watch it myself after they go to bed!" so I did. Very Happy

Nice! it is a great flick!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Saturday night, I watched 'Hesher'. It was terrible.

The Hesher character (Joseph Gordon-Levitt channelling the look of Cliff Burton) was a completely dislikable psychotic bag of douche. The storyline was filled with gaping, obvious questions that noone seemed interested in answering and the foul language was too much over-the-top cursing for cursing sake. The only redeeming quality was the soundtrack. But it also made me wonder why Metallica gave permission to use so much of their music on this awful film. Avoid.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Saturday night, I watched 'Hesher'. It was terrible.

The Hesher character (Joseph Gordon-Levitt channelling the look of Cliff Burton) was a completely dislikable psychotic bag of douche. The storyline was filled with gaping, obvious questions that noone seemed interested in answering and the foul language was too much over-the-top cursing for cursing sake. The only redeeming quality was the soundtrack. But it also made me wonder why Metallica gave permission to use so much of their music on this awful film. Avoid.

I disagree. I thought it was a very interesting flick, the Hesher character is essentially the "Id", the shock treatment needed to jolt the father and son characters out of their grief. Yes, he's completely unlikeable, but he wouldn't have inspired any change if he had been a nice guy, another riveting performance from Gordon-Leavitt who I like better with each film. The entire cast was great, especially the teenage boy and I really liked his friendship with Portman. It's a completely surreal/avant-garde film, thus I don't go looking for plot holes when the intent is the abstract. I watched it with a couple friends and we all enjoyed it.

I would recommend it to people who like art house films, but for the meat & potatoes crowd I'd say look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Guess I'm not "arty" enough.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Guess I'm not "arty" enough.

That's not what I was trying to say, it's just not the kind of film that's going to appeal to a mass audience. Just like avant-garde classical music, free jazz and abstract art doesn't appeal to a mass audience. You either have the taste for this style of film or you don't, nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:37 pm

I know. I was just busting chops. I've watched my share of artsy movies. Some I liked, some I didn't. This just fell into that latter category.

I wanted to like it. The trailer looked promising and when I saw it pop up on cable, I anxiously set the tivo to record it for future viewing. Saturday night, I had the house and tv to myself and all set to be entertained.

I just found him to be pretty unlikeable from the get-go, but figured he'd turn it around by the end. He didn't. I found him more irritating as the movie went on. And I get that the family was in a serious funk, but noone seemed to question or care that this guy just moved into their house? And the police or father never bother to question him, instead taking the little kid into custody for the car fire? It just seemed too ridiculous to me.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Those are valid questions (and I initially wondered the same thing, why would the Dad let him stay there...but then again he was on so many pills I don't think he was paying attention to anything) and they could have explained the reasoning behind them, but I don't think it would have changed anything about the core "vibe" the movie was going for either way.

You thought that movie was odd? Bellflower makes it look normal by comparison. LOL.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I was interested in seeing "Hesher" at first simply due to the Metallica connection but since then a lot of people who know me and my film tastes have told me "Dude, you'd hate it, don't bother."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

The funny thing is the average Metallica fan is most likely NOT the target audience that would enjoy Hesher.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was interested in seeing "Hesher" at first simply due to the Metallica connection but since then a lot of people who know me and my film tastes have told me "Dude, you'd hate it, don't bother."

Remember the episode of "The Simpsons" where Bart invites Otto the bus driver to move in with them and hilarity ensues? It's kind of like that, but kill off Marge, put Homer in a deep depression, substitute "invites" to "just moves in without asking" and take out lovable stoner Otto and replace him with a lunatic a**hole. Hilarity did not ensue.

Most of the Metallica music was from the Justice album and a coupla older tracks. Motorhead got some air-time too. So that's a plus. crazy happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Remember the episode of "The Simpsons" where Bart invites Otto the bus driver to move in with them and hilarity ensues? It's kind of like that, but kill off Marge, put Homer in a deep depression, substitute "invites" to "just moves in without asking" and take out lovable stoner Otto and replace him with a lunatic a**hole. Hilarity did not ensue.

Most of the Metallica music was from the Justice album and a coupla older tracks. Motorhead got some air-time too. So that's a plus. crazy happy

Well, that saves me a buck and a quarter at RedBox, then. Thanks a bunch. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Well, that saves me a buck and a quarter at RedBox, then. Thanks a bunch. Very Happy

And keeps me from adding it to my nextflix queue! Doesn't sound like something I would enjoy (and I like the occasional art house flick)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: