Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Circus Maximus

Go down 
+4
kmorg
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
exact33
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Frontiers Records has set a June 5 North American release date four days earlier in Europe) for "Nine", the third album from Norwegian progressive metallers CIRCUS MAXIMUS.

Five years after the release of the concept album "Isolate", CIRCUS MAXIMUS is back with what is described in a press release as "a strong and mature CD."

"A lot happened in our personal lives during the past few years," explains drummer Truls Haugen. "Three of us had kids, plus we also had a several bumps in the road with the production. So it has not exactly been a joyride, but it feels great to finally be done, and after all this time we are ready to unleash our new monster!"

CIRCUS MAXIMUS worked hard to further refine its sound. The band's musical formula is not easy to accomplish — take jaw-dropping musicianship, add a singer like Michael Eriksen with a voice from heaven and toss it together with hooks, anthemic melodies and enough groove and heavy riffing that really gets into your head.

For this new record, CIRCUS MAXIMUS presents the best of both worlds — offering their most melodic and at the same time heaviest moments of their repertoire, with class and maturity which is really from another world.

"The majority of the material on the new record was written by Mats Haugen and he has taken the music to a kind of simpler and more accessible approach, yet kept the progressive elements and the 'nerve' that is CIRCUS MAXIMUS," says Truls. "We're actually more melodic and heavier on this new record than we've ever been."

"Nine" track listing:

01. Forging
02. Architect Of Fortune
03. Namaste
04. Game Of Life
05. Reach Within
06. I Am
07. Used
09. The One
10. Burn After Reading
11. Last Goodbye

"Reach Within" will be released as a digital single on April 27. A video for the song is also in the works.

CIRCUS MAXIMUS will play select shows in the summer before launching a full-scale tour in support of the new album.

"We will definitely represent this album live to the whole world," says truls. "We will do more live shows and more touring than ever and we really can't wait to get back on the road!"

CIRCUS MAXIMUS is:

Michael Eriksen - Vocals
Lasse Finbråten - Keyboards
Mats Haugen - Guitars
Truls Haugen - Drums
Glen Cato Møllen - Bass

new Circus Maximus Circusmaximussingle

new Circus Maximus Circusmaximusnine

from Blabbermouth

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 pm

The band's description of the album and that sample does not excite me at all. Sounds like they're going for more of that modern alt-rock/quasi-prog sound. =(
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 am

Actually, here's a supposed radio edit of the new song:

I don't know...not very impressed. It's okay, I guess, but I'd rather the older, heavier Circus Maximus.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Actually, here's a supposed radio edit of the new song:

I don't know...not very impressed. It's okay, I guess, but I'd rather the older, heavier Circus Maximus.

ill wait til i hear the whole thing but i agree - I wish something in the style of Isolate. That album is amazing!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 pm

I understand the need to progress but I hope it's not a total change in style.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'll buy it blindly.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Love the debut and the follow up was decent but IMO a step down but I'll give the new one a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Love the debut and the follow up was decent but IMO a step down but I'll give the new one a shot.
I'd agree that it was a slight step down, but still a great album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Agreed. The change in keyboard players is what drug it down. The keys are overblown on Isolate. But I'll get the new one for sure, I love the singer's voice.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Rex wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Agreed. The change in keyboard players is what drug it down. The keys are overblown on Isolate. But I'll get the new one for sure, I love the singer's voice.
Have you picked up The Magnificent? They're a very humble band. Laughing

Great album!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:48 pm

I breathe a sigh of relief.

Sounds great! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Cool, the sonics sound great.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Sounds like it's gonna be great! headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rex wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Have you picked up The Magnificent? They're a very humble band. Laughing

Great album!

The Magnificent really lives up to the name. I enjoy it a lot.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:11 pm

They have short hair... I doubt it will be good......

Razz

The King
exact33

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm

[quote="kmorg"]They have short hair... I doubt it will be good......

Razz
[/quote

dont discriminate against the follicly challenged!!!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 pm

So that EPK was a bit misleading, I think. Not intentionally, of course, it just made me think the album was going to be more like the first two. But yeah, this one is different. I didn't dislike it, liked it quite a bit, but I need to spin it more times to get a good grasp on it.

Anyone else buy it yet?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:47 pm

One of many I will order after my self-imposed spending hold expires.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Just got it, it'll be tomorrow before I get a chance to listen to much of it though. But I'm liking what I've heard so far a lot.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 pm

I heard most of the songs and it is quite different. I am not sure of how i feel about it yet...

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm with exact, it seems to be pretty far away from the debut which was exellent.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm jamming it on Spotify now, I'm not quite sure I understand what y'all are talking about. Just off of first impression, it seems to be pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

Wurthless wrote:
I'm jamming it on Spotify now, I'm not quite sure I understand what y'all are talking about. Just off of first impression, it seems to be pretty solid.
It is solid, just different.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 am

I guess I should've been clearer in my statement. To my ears, at least, it doesn't sound too far removed from Isolate (I haven't heard the debut). Prog with a touch of power metal in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 am

I've listened to the first half of the album and I'm with Wurthless, I don't see that much difference in it than the debut even. Its obviously not the same album, but all their trademark stuff is there (and thankfully the keys have so far been used for accents and atmosphere instead the normal proggy annoying wankery that this genre is known for).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new Circus Maximus Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Circus Maximus   new Circus Maximus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Circus Maximus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next