Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love

Go down 
+12
Dark Horseman
Addy
James B.
Troublezone
manny
Metal Misfit
Rex
arttieTHE1manparty
Zdan
Dellocatus
MEGATRON
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Empty
PostSubject: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Slashapocalyptic

Available May 22nd.

Sweet cover. I've thoroughly enjoyed his previous album. I liked all the different vocalists. This one should be interesting with a "real band" backing him and Myles on all vocals. He sounded great on the live album. Looking forward to this one.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Awesome! Should have used the old font though.

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Scaled.php?server=52&filename=50452449
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

This one's going to be great. Myles is probably the best vocalist nowadays (yeah, bruce isn't almighty anymore, though he still kicks asses) and Slash's riffs are great as always. And I'm looking forward to see them live again - saw them last june and they were nothing but awesome!
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:07 am

I loved the first one and the idea of different vocalists on different tracks but ultimately I also want to hear Slash have one vocalist throughout the whole album. I think Myles is perfect for this job so I am looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:12 am

Mules did really well on the live disc...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Mule03
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am

Dang autocorrect!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:59 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie

Very Happy

Yeah, he did though. That's a great live album, he covered everything very well. This new album is going to be one of the year's best. happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 am

I think the lads need to admit that Velvet Revolver is done, Slash seems happier has a solo artist and the band does not seem to be in a rush to find a vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 am

manny wrote:
I think the lads need to admit that Velvet Revolver is done, Slash seems happier has a solo artist and the band does not seem to be in a rush to find a vocalist.

Agree. It seems like Sorum is really the only one holding onto it. Duff & Slash are both kinda like "whatever, we'll get around to it, we've got other stuff going on". It's kind of a joke at this point. I'd be interested in anything VR put out but I'm happy that the split has given us a STP reunion, Slash going solo and Duff becoming more active with Loaded. Worked out well, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

Agree. It seems like Sorum is really the only one holding onto it. Duff & Slash are both kinda like "whatever, we'll get around to it, we've got other stuff going on". It's kind of a joke at this point. I'd be interested in anything VR put out but I'm happy that the split has given us a STP reunion, Slash going solo and Duff becoming more active with Loaded. Worked out well, IMO.

Agreed. I liked the 2 VR albums, but if they went away forever, I wouldn't miss them. Not sure why Sorum's so taken with the band. He's got studio work and various projects to keep him busy. If anyone should be hoping for another VR disc, it's Dave Kushner, the guitarist that isn't Slash. He's faded back into obscuirty. Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:10 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/178628

There's a clip in that link to a new song called "You're a Lie".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Quote :
It seems like Sorum is really the only one holding onto it.

He misses the GNR days and it's the closest thing he'll ever get.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 pm

If VR was "really" looking for a singer, what is wrong with Myles Kennedy ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:39 pm

James B. wrote:

Alter Bridge. That's his main band. He's only active with Slash while the rest of AB do the Creed thing. He would definitely be a great pick but I think it would have to be a one or the other thing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:43 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
James B. wrote:

Alter Bridge. That's his main band. He's only active with Slash while the rest of AB do the Creed thing. He would definitely be a great pick but I think it would have to be a one or the other thing.

Guess it depends whether he needs the cash or not. VR would more than likely be slingin out larger paychecks ? Maybe he could do both ? Bands are not as busy as they used to be.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 am

Sorum's got projects of his own, he's been producing a Solo Album by former Runaways vocalist Cherie Currie which is supposed to have appearances by both Slash and Duff. And Velvet Revolver did get back together for 1 night (Including Weiland) 1 show. Dont know if anything will come of it. But as much as I like the band I think that they are done right now as members have said they are still a band but they are taking a few years to pursue interests, Slash with his solo career, Duff with Loaded not sure what Kushner is doing and outside of the Cherie Currie album not sure what Sorum is doing

Yeah Sorum is kinda hanging on to it, from my reading it was kind of his brainchild.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 am

James B. wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
James B. wrote:

Guess it depends whether he needs the cash or not. VR would more than likely be slingin out larger paychecks ? Maybe he could do both ? Bands are not as busy as they used to be.

According to Weiland's autobiography money was a big motivator for him to join VR
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
James B. wrote:

I read an interview with Slash and he pretty much said the same thing. Myles is still active with Alter Bridge and also said if he's doing Slash's solo stuff, it wouldn't make sense to sing for VR too. He doesn't want to turn VR into his own solo project, if that makes sense.

Sorta like how Ozzy ditched Zakk because his solo albums were starting to sound too much like Black Label Society.

Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 am

You're a lie - full song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB05RxsKxUY

Not yet sure about it. But the more I'm listening to it, the more I'm pleased with what I hear. Solid song, looking forward to the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't hate the Slash stuff with Myles but I miss him playing with a less modern rock sounding vocalist. Ok, i'm old and set in my ways, get over it. New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love 499945
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
You're a lie - full song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB05RxsKxUY

Not yet sure about it. But the more I'm listening to it, the more I'm pleased with what I hear. Solid song, looking forward to the whole album.

I like it a lot. Slash's s/t album was one of the best from the last few years and even the live album is great too. This should be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:43 am

It is out now here in Switzerland. And it's great! Apocalyptic Love is heavier than his s/t album and it is more consistent with only one singer. In my opinion, the album contains the best riffs written by Slash since Appetite for Destruction. It feels a like old GnR, but with a superior singer (Myles sings like a god). I listened to it about ten times now and I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:30 am

Yeah, this album is absolutely amazing. Anastasia is one of the best songs he's ever written.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:36 am

Agreed. Though I like Bad Rain best. Don't know why, but it catches me everytime I hear it. Followed by Hard & Fast and Anastasia. The solos are outstanding. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love   New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Slash Album - Apocalyptic Love
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next