Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash's Snakepit

Go down 
+9
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Addy
rattpoison
James B.
manny
ultmetal
akeldama
13 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Any fans? I liked them ever since they first came out. I like both albums but I tend to favor the 1st one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

I liked Slash's two CDs when they first came out. Haven't really listened to them at all in the last couple years. Might need to drag them out.

ult

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm

I only have the first one and it is very good album better than either of the Velvet Revolver CD's IMO
Back to top Go down

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Couple good albums here, but not amazing. I prefer Izzy's solo stuff to that of any other GNR member, but they've all done some pretty good post-GNR music.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 pm

I also enjoy Izzy's stuff
Snakepit is a good listen as well
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:05 am

I've only heard the first one, and it's meh which means it's not great.

You guys should check out Snakepit singer Eric Dover's post Snakepit band Imperial Drag. Their one and only S/T record from '96 is way better than Five O'Clock Somewhere imo, an underrated gem......

Imperial Drag - Boy Or A Girl

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 am

As a big of a fan I am of Slash I never really checked this out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 am

I've always loved the Snakepit albums, especially Ain't Life Grand. There's a bit of filler, but the amazing combo of Slash's guitars and Rod Jackson's voice on that album makes it something special. The title track and 'Mean Bone' are probably two of my all time favourite songs.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:55 am

I only have one of Izzy Stradlin's solo albums, "Izzy Stradlin and JU Ju Hounds". It is very good and has very Rolling Stones vibe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:44 am

I have both of the Snakepit albums but it's been eons since I've listened to either one. I liked them when they came out, but they were quickly forgotten. I should bust them out again to see if they hold up.

I have a coupla of Izzy discs which I like better than Slash's stuff. I agree on the Stonesy-vibe.

Gilby Clark's 1st solo album was pretty decent too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 am

sometimes yes sometimes not. not very into them. listen twice but no more.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:19 am

- I like them. I prefer the first one.
- Haven't heard them in ages... might need to have a listen again.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:50 am

manny wrote:
I only have one of Izzy Stradlin's solo albums, "Izzy Stradlin and JU Ju Hounds". It is very good and has very Rolling Stones vibe.

This is a really good album. I agree with your Stones comparison.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:53 am

I really like both of the Snakepit CDs.

I had never heard of Imperial Drag, I'll have to look them up when I get some time. I thought Eric Dover was what really set the two apart from each other with his being the better of the two.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Ive always enjoyed Duff's solo material he's got guests on his first one like Lenny Kravitz, Sebastian Bach, Slash, Gilby Clarke, Matt Sorum, I think even Izzy is on it not sure though
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:09 pm

manny wrote:

I agree with the Stones' comparison. 117 was a good Izzy album too.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Very Happy I just listened to and talked about their 2nd album on my blog a few days ago.

Decent, but Slash seemed really restrained and slumming it with this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Addy wrote:
Ive always enjoyed Duff's solo material he's got guests on his first one like Lenny Kravitz, Sebastian Bach, Slash, Gilby Clarke, Matt Sorum, I think even Izzy is on it not sure though

I could never get into Duff's solo album. A few ok songs, but overall, nothing that stuck with me. However, I do like what little I've heard of his Loaded project. The new ep in on my want list.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I want it too, Ive always dug his vox
Back to top Go down

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:26 pm

akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:

I agree with the Stones' comparison. 117 was a good Izzy album too.
He's got a bunch of solo albums, but most have only been released digitally. Kind of lame.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 am

I dig them both. I thought the first one sounded like it could have been the follow-up to Appetite.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:54 am

I brought both of the Snakepit cd's into work with me this week. It's been awhile since I've listened to either one. I wonder if I'll hear something new that I missed before.

Slash's Snakepit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Snakepit   Slash's Snakepit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash's Snakepit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: