Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 am

Addy wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Flair & Piper were on some show called "Wife-swap" tonight.

I saw that, Cant get over how old Flair looked, I swear he's what 70, 80 and acting like he's 18 or 21? It was cool seeing how the Piper lived, I thought that was way cool.

Flair is, and always will be, in his own humble way, the Nature Boy. Still living his life as the World Champion & it's 1986. Him going to the grocery store "incognito" was a hoot.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm

So is Flair's wife taking Piper for all he's worth now? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Memphis wrestling announcer Corey Maclin was killed in a car accident last night at the age of 42. RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Wow. Sad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:38 am

Glad to see ESPN Classics are showing old matches from the GWF. Been watching them all night.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Glad to see ESPN Classics are showing old matches from the GWF.  Been watching them all night.

I remember watching GWF shows on ESPN in the early 90s. I particularly remember big Jeep Swenson. He wasn't a great wrestler but damn the guy was big. 400 lbs. practically all muscle with some of the biggest arms I've seen on a wrester. Played Bane in the abomination of a Batman movie:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Robert_Swenson
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 BaneJS
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:50 am

Wow, Jim Ross announced his retirement from wrestling after 20 years with the WWE not including his years with NWA/WCW and with Bill Watts. I wish him nothing but the best. Thank you good ole' J.R.!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Man, I haven't watched wresting in quite a few years now but J.R. was one of the best in the business (along with Gordon Solie). Enjoy the retirement, J.R. !
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Glad to see ESPN Classics are showing old matches from the GWF.  Been watching them all night.
I used to run a retail store in the Indianapolis Airport from the summer of 1997 thru winter of 1998. I was really into wrestling at the time, because of the WCW and the whole NWO angle, though I also followed the WWE (of WWF at the time). One day, Jim Ross, The Iron Sheik, and "Ravishing" Rick Rude came into my store at the same time. I acted like I didn't know who they were, due to the fact that I had a brief moment with Hulk Hogan the day before (both factions were in town around the same time. One in Indianapolis & the other in Fort Wayne), who happened to be the biggest DICKHEAD I've ever met...though Al Davis (former Raiders Owner) was a gigantic A-hole. I told myself, I wasn't going to let the fan boy part of me come out with these guys, for fear that I would end up hating most of them. Many seemed not to be very approachable... With all that being said, J.R seemed to be the same guy you saw on T.V and pleasant, as we shared a short conversation about my store. I wish the guy well...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

007 wrote:
Man, I haven't watched wresting in quite a few years now but J.R. was one of the best in the business (along with Gordon Solie). Enjoy the retirement, J.R. !
Yeah, my two favorite wrestling announcers right there (followed closely by Lance Russell from the old Memphis days). Those guys had a way of making the story being told in the ring so believable.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:08 am

One of the great announcers, and wrestling minds of all time. Sad that wrestling geniuses like him and Paul Heymen have been shunned by the McMahon's due to them knowing more about wrestling than Vince and because they didn't fit within a certain image (JR was considered too "old and redneck" to keep behind the headset and he actually used the names of wrestling moves-I want to strangle Cole whenever he calls something like a German suplex a throw). Hey, we still have Michael Cole's wooden personality and Jerry Lawler's stale jokes to keep us entertained Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 am

From what ive been reading he was Let go, because of his failure to control some sort of WWE Panel where Ric Flair went on a tangent. Still I think thats a bit harsh but then again this is the WWE

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:13 am

My personal announcer favorites are
1) Lance Russell
2) Gordon Solie (he'd be tied with Lance except his calling a suplex a "su-play" always annoyed me)
3) Jim Ross (Mid-South/UWF especially)

I've even got to give an honorable mention to 80's Tony Schiavone. Boy did he go down hill quickly in the 90's.

As horrible as the XFL was, I thought Jim Ross was awesome announcing it. It surprised me he didn't end up getting another football gig. He was informative and had genuine passion for it. One of those Oklahoma schools should hire him for their broadcasts.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 pm

jstate wrote:
l
2) Gordon Solie (he'd be tied with Lance except his calling a suplex a "su-play" always annoyed me)

Me and my friends always thought that part of his charm !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:50 pm

007 wrote:
jstate wrote:
l
Me and my friends always thought that part of his charm !
That and his penchant for making this weird, guttural sound whenever someone turned the tide in the ring; something like "Ehhhh...uhhhhh!...Flair caught him coming in."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 pm

High, HIGH back drop!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:05 am

"He's not quick - he's SUDDEN"
"Moving out against his opponent"
"wearing the crimson mask"

To this day I still break out a Lance Russell "what it the Sam Hill?"
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 3:44 pm

WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young has passed away at the age of 90.  She said she wanted to have a match when she was 100, and I thought she might have done it!  A true legend. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Leatherface wrote:
WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young has passed away at the age of 90.  She said she wanted to have a match when she was 100, and I thought she might have done it!  A true legend. R.I.P.

Yeah, I saw that. What a career! RIP.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 am

Good Lord, the Undertaker seriously needs some Just For Men for that beard...

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Undertaker-recent1
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:23 am

thats a bad pic, nobody is gonna be scared in the ring of him if he looks like gramps
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:15 am

I wouldn't have even known that was the Undertaker if he wasn't identified.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:08 pm

The fact the guy is standing on his own is pretty incredible. All things considered (the punishment and lifestyle) he looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 pm

A few days late, but Nelson Frazier aka Mabel/Viscera/Big Daady V passed away last Tuesday from a heart attack. This kind of gets my attention because he was only 43, and I'm not too far from that age. RIP

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/02/nelson-frazier-jr-dies-wwes-big-daddy-v-viscera-was-43.html
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
A few days late, but Nelson Frazier aka Mabel/Viscera/Big Daady V passed away last Tuesday from a heart attack. This kind of gets my attention because he was only 43, and I'm not too far from that age. RIP

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/02/nelson-frazier-jr-dies-wwes-big-daddy-v-viscera-was-43.html

Yeah but the guy weighed over 500 pounds. That's a lot of stress on a heart.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: