Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Well, the official cause of Reid Flair's death has been revealed:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/273825-update-reid-flairs-official-cause-of-death-revealed
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:42 am

Leatherface wrote:
Youtube.  Cory Macklin?  He was a announcer for years in Memphis wasn't he?

Yep. 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:19 am

I used to tape trade with a guy years back who supplied me with tons of Memphis stuff.  I should really dig that out and transfer it to dvd.  My favorite tape was always the Buddy and Bill Show feud with Lawler and Mantell.  

That is so awful about Ric Flair's son.  There are a lot of tragic ways to die, but for me ODing alone in a hotel room is one of the saddest.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 am

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 pm

jstate wrote:

The King tag teaming with Zeb Coulter lol!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 am

Wow, so Dirty Dutch is still active and involved.  Good for him.  He was always a favorite of mine.  Loved the Kansas Jayhawks team with Bobby Jaggers.  One of the best matches I ever saw live was them against the Andersons.

Hopefully he is able to teach some of these new guys a thing or too.  He should bring back the "shoebaby" whip too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 am

"Good scientific move there Budro..."

Laughing very hard

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 am

jstate wrote:
Wow, so Dirty Dutch is still active and involved.  Good for him.  He was always a favorite of mine.  Loved the Kansas Jayhawks team with Bobby Jaggers.  One of the best matches I ever saw live was them against the Andersons.

Hopefully he is able to teach some of these new guys a thing or too.  He should bring back the "shoebaby" whip too.

Right now he's playing a anti-illegal immigrant "Real American" type. Any kind of whip would probably not go over well Very Happy. I didn't know wresting til 1990 so I only remember him as Uncle Zebekiah, manager of the Blu Brothers and Justin Hawk Bradshaw. Of course JBL's character doesn't mention ever being managed by Zeb, WWE has no place for cannon. Like when they tried to pass Prince Albert as Lord Tensai, like people wouldn't recognize him just because he shaved his back and got tattoos.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 am

You know, until I got to thinking about Memphis wrestling, it never occurred to me how often the "main guys" flip flopped between face and heel.  The only one who remained a constant was Lawler.  Bill Dundee, Dutch Mantell, Austin Idol...those guys flipped almost weekly.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

I always thought the problem with the Uncle Zebekiah character was they didn't have him do anything really.  He was just there.  I'll bet he is real good in his current role if they actually let him talk.  I also like that they hired a former wrestler instead of an actor or something.

Memphis always astounds me with how they managed to keep coming up with stuff every week.  I tend to hate lots of interview time but with Memphis I loved it.  Probably because they always stressed how everything would be settled in ring and how important the fight was.  Lance Russell was the master at that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 pm

jstate wrote:
I always thought the problem with the Uncle Zebekiah character was they didn't have him do anything really.  He was just there.  I'll bet he is real good in his current role if they actually let him talk.  I also like that they hired a former wrestler instead of an actor or something.

Memphis always astounds me with how they managed to keep coming up with stuff every week.  I tend to hate lots of interview time but with Memphis I loved it.  Probably because they always stressed how everything would be settled in ring and how important the fight was.  Lance Russell was the master at that.

Lance Russell is my favorite wrestling announcer of all time.  He made every angle seem important and was great at getting new guys over with his calls of their matches.

BTW, WWE is giving Dutch some time to talk and he's as great as always on his promos. He's even done some ringside commentary.

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 pm

jstate wrote:

As Zeb Coulter he gets to talk quite a bit. While I hate the sterotype he portrays (I'm against illegal immigration, but I have no problem with Hispanic people as do the majority that feel the same way as me), he does a bang up job as the mouthpiece of Jack Swagger.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Dutch Mantel has always been a great talker.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Interesting (and sad) story about The Iron Sheik.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iron-sheik--the-man-behind-the-mask-224707360.html

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:10 pm

And yet another interesting article on wrestling.  I think I may pick this book up.  I've always known that George was a school teacher in real life and like Mick Foley's books, I find it interesting when a well-spoken, erudite former wrestler talks about what it was like.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201306/george-animal-steele-jim-myers-wrestling-elizabeth-randy-savage

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:26 am

Wrestling legend Jackie Fargo has died. He was pretty much Jerry Lawler mentor and one of his best friends. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I shall do a Fargo strut in his honor.  RIP, Pally.

George Steele was such a terrible wrestler but damn did I find his act entertaining.  I remember there was this guy that used to be at the Capital Center matches every month - he was a "smart" fan and would go on and on about real names and backstage stuff.  It was so annoying but at the same time interesting to hear things like Steele being a school teacher in Detroit.  Would've never dreamed that was true.  Steele was great in Ed Wood too.  
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 <a href=WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Photo-54" />

Somewhere I still have some turnbuckle stuffing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah George was awful as a wrestler but I used to love his heel schtick. The grunts, the looking up at the lights, the turnbuckle eating and of course, the jab in his opponents throats with a tongue depressor (or whatever it was) that the ref could never find because this "Neanderthal" cleverly hid it all the time.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Matt Borne has died. He was also known as Big Josh in WCW and was the original Doink the Clown.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/28/matt-borne-original-doink-the-clown-dead-at-56
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow. I remember him. Sad. RIP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:19 pm

I really liked his match at the first WrestleMania with Ricky Steamboat.  I saw him over the years wrestle in World Class/USWA in Dallas in WCW as well.  After WWF, he had a chance to turn is career around in ECW, but his personal demons got the best of him.  I remember the team he had with Buzz Sawyer as well.R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:34 pm

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Flair & Piper were on some show called "Wife-swap" tonight.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

R.I.P. Doink the Clown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:16 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Flair & Piper were on some show called "Wife-swap" tonight.

I saw that, Cant get over how old Flair looked, I swear he's what 70, 80 and acting like he's 18 or 21? It was cool seeing how the Piper lived, I thought that was way cool.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: