Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:47 am

A LOT of people are considering this to be one of the worst Royal Rumbles in history. The Philly crowd was pissed the moment Daniel Bryan was eliminated (after less than 15 minutes) and booed the hell out of Roman Reigns. The only guys that got any cheers were anybody who attacked Roman, Mizdow, Ambrose, and Ziggler. The last two were dumped out unceremoniously by Kane and Big Show moments after entering. Seriously, nobody could help Roman, not even the Rock. Yes, THE ROCK got booed! People were even willing to except a Rusev win over a Roman win. Basically, the main event was booked very badly.

The only shinning spot was the triple threat match. That was due to Rollins. Most people agreed that he was good, but not quite main even level. After that match, he proved many of them wrong.

This editorial sums it up pretty well:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/546521-wwe-royal-rumble-2015-review-mike-killam

I like Roman, he's pretty good. Not great, but given time he will be better. On the mic he sucks though. As the Iron Shiek puts it:

"Dead dog give better promo."
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:09 am

I watched the Rumble. I was expecting Reigns to win, but was still hoping for a better finish. It's not his fault, but you can't book a guy like that anymore.

Bryan doesn't need to win the Rumble, he's already over. So Roman winning is ok, but there needs to be legit threats to challenge him in the end. Not Big Show and Kane. People want unpredictable matches, not Kane and Big Show eliminating all the other possible candidates (Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt).

If the final 4 was Ambrose, Ziggler, Bryan and Reigns, there'd still be a chance "I know Roman will win, but maybe, just maybe Ziggler will pull off an upset".

Also, how do you not capitalize on your two most over stars in the company right now? Lesnar vs Bryan would be a perfect WrestleMania main event. The ultimate monster versus the ultimate underdog.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:34 am

Lari wrote:
I watched the Rumble. I was expecting Reigns to win, but was still hoping for a better finish. It's not his fault, but you can't book a guy like that anymore.

Bryan doesn't need to win the Rumble, he's already over. So Roman winning is ok, but there needs to be legit threats to challenge him in the end. Not Big Show and Kane. People want unpredictable matches, not Kane and Big Show eliminating all the other possible candidates (Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt).

If the final 4 was Ambrose, Ziggler, Bryan and Reigns, there'd still be a chance "I know Roman will win, but maybe, just maybe Ziggler will pull off an upset".

Also, how do you not capitalize on your two most over stars in the company right now? Lesnar vs Bryan would be a perfect WrestleMania main event. The ultimate monster versus the ultimate underdog.

Yeah, Bryan didn't need to win, yet he didn't need to be eliminated in less than 15 minutes. Also, why bring him back, have him struggle to get an entrance in to the Rumble only to get thrown out like that. They really needed to hold back his return for a while. You are right though on the rest.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

Daniel Bryan should have won the Rumble. Roman is 3 years away from being ready for a Wrestlemania main event, whereas Bryan never actually lost his title - he was stripped of it. It would be the easiest booking ever to have Bryan chasing Lesnar to regain the title he never lost and having it culminate in a Mania win. The crowd would go insane the match would be off the charts good. WWE Creative is terrible and their product is virtually unwatchable. Something has to change and it has to change soon as they are in worse shape creatively than they were in the early to mid-90s.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Bryan vs Lesnar wouldn't even need to be about the belt. They are so over with the fans, it'd work all the same.

That 3-way match at the Rumble would have been a perfect chance for Brock to drop the title. He could have lost it without getting pinned:

- Rollins, Lesnar and Cena duke it out, Lesnar gets double-teamed and is out of the ring for a while (like he was).
- Cena pins Rollins (to a chorus of boos)
- Lesnar walks back in after the bell, and absolutely DESTROYS Cena, leaving him in a puddle of blood, sweat and urine
- As Lesnar walks out, Rollins - having recuperated - cashes in the Money In the Bank contract, and pins Cena

Throw in Ambrose to the mix before WrestleMania and make it a SHIELD triple threat for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

SHIELD triple threat
Lesnar vs Bryan

That's money.

Instead, now we get Reigns and Lesnar. One guy the people hate for being shoved down their throats, and another that is about to leave the company. The audience will shit on that match.

And all that roster mismanagement has left the biggest crowd favorites Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose with nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 am

I'm one of the ones who (at home) booed Reigns. He just doesn't have it. I was hoping for Bray to win. Not at first, but when he had such a strong showing I was all for him winning.

I hope Lesnar destroys Reigns at Mania. But we already know the outcome. Reigns will win and be booed much like Batista was when he returned and then we'll have a Reigns heel turn and we can still boo him because he still won't have "it" as a heel.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 am

Oh and I will mention Raw was pretty enjoyable because there was probably MORE wrestling on Raw for one night than there has been in a combined 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:37 am

The WWE knows that Cena can't do this forever and their disparate to find that next big megastar to carry the company into the future and the WWE sees Reigns as that guy. Personally, I don't. If they had more wrestlers to choose from, maybe Reigns wouldn't be getting this push.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Daniel Bryan should have won the Rumble.  Roman is 3 years away from being ready for a Wrestlemania main event, whereas Bryan never actually lost his title - he was stripped of it.  It would be the easiest booking ever to have Bryan chasing Lesnar to regain the title he never lost and having it culminate in a Mania win.  The crowd would go insane the match would be off the charts good. WWE Creative is terrible and their product is virtually unwatchable. Something has to change and it has to change soon as they are in worse shape creatively than they were in the early to mid-90s.  

Oh, I think he deserved to win it and I would have loved it if he did. I just don't think he needs to to solidify his worthiness. Him and Lesnar would put on one hell of a match, but for some (not me), it's just not believable. I understand that smaller people with the right skill can beat a much larger opponent, but many people (too many) associate large and brutal with domination. I can't tell you how many people in the comment sections of wrestling sites refer to DB as a "vanilla midget". The people in charge are of that same mind set.

Change will not happen unfortunately. As I was discussing with my sister's fiance, as long as there is no real competition there is no incentive to change. They will always make money no matter how small the audience so they will be content. For them, it doesn't seem broken and "if it's not broke, don't fix it".

Leatherface wrote:
The WWE knows that Cena can't do this forever and their disparate to find that next big megastar to carry the company into the future and the WWE sees Reigns as that guy. Personally, I don't. If they had more wrestlers to choose from, maybe Reigns wouldn't be getting this push.

Most definitely. Listen to his promo on Raw. "People pay they're hard earned money. They have the right to cheer and boo whoever they want." Literally, word for word what Cena always says. He has been made to be almost a carbon copy. Course, Cena can actually cut a promo, Roman sounds like he's reading from a teleprompter. When he won Superstar of the Year (I still think that was rigged) and gave his speech, he waited almost a whole minute before he spoke. Like he totally forgot his lines.

Now, even though he's not as bulky as Roman, Rollins is not that skinny and he is the best all around new guy as far as skill set and mic skills. DB is best in ring skills but promo skills still needs some polishing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Based on what just happened on Raw it looks like WWE is getting cold feet on the scheduled Roman Reigns push.

That was a pretty lame excuse to remove the guy who supposedly won the right to main event at WrestleMania.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
Based on what just happened on Raw it looks like WWE is getting cold feet on the scheduled Roman Reigns push.

That was a pretty lame excuse to remove the guy who supposedly won the right to main event at WrestleMania.

Yeah but if the crowd knew he wasn't ready for the big time they should've seen it too. Whoever goes to the Main Event at Mania, I hope Lesnar destroys them. I'm not a huge Brock fan and in real life he seems like he wouldn't be a very nice guy (I could be wrong, he may be a great guy). But I just enjoy seeing him beat everyone.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Steve Austin put it best in that Roman does not have the experience yet to lead a match and Lesnar certainly doesn't possess that ability. Both need a guy in that ring that can bring out the best in them. Without that, your looking at a disaster of a match.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 am

I haven't watched wrestling in such a long time, I have never heard of this Roman Reigns character. Sounds like I'm not missing much.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:46 am

007 wrote:
I haven't watched wrestling in such a long time, I have never heard of this Roman Reigns character. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

Reigns as a singles wrestler is pretty lame, but when he was together with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as the SHIELD, they were pretty damn awesome

Well, Ambrose and Rollins still are.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:09 am

Here's my prediction for Mania - Reigns VS Lesnar and Lesnar will WIN. 30 seconds after winning Rollins cashes in and wins the title. Lesnar leaves WWE without doing the job and hands the title off to Rollins when he cashes in which leads up to Rollins/Reigns. Book it!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:12 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Here's my prediction for Mania - Reigns VS Lesnar and Lesnar will WIN. 30 seconds after winning Rollins cashes in and wins the title. Lesnar leaves WWE without doing the job and hands the title off to Rollins when he cashes in which leads up to Rollins/Reigns. Book it!

It doesn't make sense for Lesnar to not do the job. It's not the way wrestling works. Lesnar has to put someone over before leaving. Otherwise that whole beating the 'Taker's streak makes no sense either.

Wrestlers always put someone else over before leaving. It'd make the WWE roster look weak if a guy walks out as an undefeated monster.

So, yeah, he will lose to Roman Reigns clean.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Watching Raw.

This is precisely what's wrong with creative right now.  It was OK to put future foes Bryan and Reigns in a tag match against Big Show and Kane but then once that was over, "The Authority" throws them into a 5 on 2 handicap match again for the same show.  No buildup to a feud, no character development...just The Authority randomly doing whatever they feel like doing to screw over "the faces".

And that's why WWE SUCKS!!!!  It's all about the willing suspension of disbelief.  We all know the shows are scripted but when creative keeps changing the script on the fly, that curtain of disbelief vanishes and we're left with looking at a lame and predictable product.

I hate WWE these days. A couple weeks ago I discovered I get New Japan matches on AXS-TV on Friday nights and even though I know nothing about any of the wrestlers (except AJ Styles) and I don't speak a word of Japanese, these shows from 2013 are WAAAAAY more entertaining than the swill WWE is putting out.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching Raw.

This is precisely what's wrong with creative right now.  It was OK to put future foes Bryan and Reigns in a tag match against Big Show and Kane but then once that was over, "The Authority" throws them into a 5 on 2 handicap match again for the same show.  No buildup to a feud, no character development...just The Authority randomly doing whatever they feel like doing to screw over "the faces".

And that's why WWE SUCKS!!!!  It's all about the willing suspension of disbelief.  We all know the shows are scripted but when creative keeps changing the script on the fly, that curtain of disbelief vanishes and we're left with looking at a lame and predictable product.

I hate WWE these days. A couple weeks ago I discovered I get New Japan matches on AXS-TV on Friday nights and even though I know nothing about any of the wrestlers (except AJ Styles) and I don't speak a word of Japanese, these shows from 2013 are WAAAAAY more entertaining than the swill WWE is putting out.

Yep.

I went to a Ring Of Honor show last January and it was awesome. I do watch ROH every week as well.

I can tell you that the WWE network is well worth the 9.99 because of NXT. It's an excellent, old-school wrestling show with simple booking that makes sense. I can't tell you how refreshing that product is. WWE Network is free in February so you should really check it out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:37 am

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Watching Raw.

Yep.

I went to a Ring Of Honor show last January and it was awesome.  I do watch ROH every week as well.

I can tell you that the WWE network is well worth the 9.99 because of NXT.  It's an excellent, old-school wrestling show with simple booking that makes sense.  I can't tell you how refreshing that product is.  WWE Network is free in February so you should really check it out.  

I hear a lot of good stuff about NXT myself. Heck, Larry Zbyszko has said many good things about it and he hasn't had anything nice to say about WWE in who knows how long. Unfortunately, many of those that are moved up to the main roster are not utilized very well. The Ascension have not really impressed anybody since coming to the main roster (me included-not their fault, they haven't been given much to work with), yet I heard nothing but good things about them concerning NXT.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:01 am

Just ordered me an blast from the past wrestling shirt:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 $_57

Had a Wolfpac shirt back in the day, but I lost it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I hear a lot of good stuff about NXT myself. Heck, Larry Zbyszko has said many good things about it and he hasn't had anything nice to say about WWE in who knows how long. Unfortunately, many of those that are moved up to the main roster are not utilized very well. The Ascension have not really impressed anybody since coming to the main roster (me included-not their fault, they haven't been given much to work with), yet I heard nothing but good things about them concerning NXT.

Speaking of Larry, he will be inducted into the Hall this year. Yeah he has slammed them over the years but something must've happened and fences mended.

Oh, and I have the B&W nWo shirt. My wife got it free a couple of Christmases ago when she ordered the nWo DVD or a WCW DVD. I wear it to work from time to time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Speaking of Larry, he will be inducted into the Hall this year. Yeah he has slammed them over the years but something must've happened and fences mended.

Oh, and I have the B&W nWo shirt. My wife got it free a couple of Christmases ago when she ordered the nWo DVD or a WCW DVD. I wear it to work from time to time.

Could never bring myself to have the B&W one. I never liked Hogan and couldn't support anything with him in it. As far as Larry, I figured this was coming as he also did guest commentary on the recent War Games DVD. That something could just be him being older and wiser, or broker and in need of more money Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Check out this disscussion from a wrestling website where HHH denies allegations from Chyna that he abused her. Pay attention to the poster I put in red:

BS Punk: If trips was gonna hit her, he would've had Rikishi run her over.

Iron Bruiser 51: not a lauhging, matter kiddo remind this serious issues if you were in the situation would you make jokesa bout it sure chyna be may possibly be fabrication it but whos to say we know the story let me say this i'll xplain it once so what I have to say is keep comments that to yourself for sinsative issues like this

Carlos Shabo: ....oh shut up.

Iron Bruiser 51: listen Carlos dont even know do you know who your talking with listen since decades now, ive been watching wrestling my dads brother had vhs old vhs some, that include summerlsam royal rumble even king of the ring i'll even attend suvivor series 1989 Im there Can prove it so why waste your time a guy like me is a territory bred we tend to. We really know our knowledge it comes down to it so dont bother with me tell me exactly who won a dark match between Razor Ramone and Ahmed johnson was a house show in nov 1995 in Baltimore exactly you have a clue or none so silence

Captaindaddy72: What the h e l l are you talking about lol

Johnny Luchador: My Question is, who won the Dark Match between You and Logical Sentence Structure? Obviously, no one won because everytime I read your comments, I at least get a smile on my face because in my heart, I know, either I'm getting Worked, or you truly have so much passion that you cannot form a logical statement.

Arrow78: Lol you say a lot of stupid $hit.

Iron Bruiser 51: Yea piece of cake for to say you to mention it towards me Johnny big man up there so what you spell better me than me let, Me tell you this same story with other dis-respect down their they are clowns you guys ever. Have you heard ganging up a fact i know you know is with 18 ladder matches between 2002-2005 you, Woulndt be able to name em so big words pal

Listening to that guy's gibberish is some of the funniest stuff I've read in a while.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Teddy Long's YouShoot Interview was ok.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 6:27 pm

I watched part of NXT Takeover Rival today, and as usual it was much, much better than any crap WWE has been putting out for the last several years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: