Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!

Go down 
+9
James B.
RickyR
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
exact33
tohostudios
chewie
manny
Tur-Thalion
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am

Very good interview with Ian Anderson

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviewiananderson2012.htm
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:34 pm

I understand he is doing a solo tour to support this album that will be both the original Brick and it's sequel in their entirety!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Today, you can stream Thick as a Brick 2 for free here (It links to Facebook, just like the page and you can give it a listen).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm REALLY enjoying this album! Good stuff!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm REALLY enjoying this album! Good stuff!

i heard some of it and I like it too.

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Anderson is one of those performers that seems to have an endless supply of good songs at his disposal. I love it when a performer has been around for over 40 years and continues to create good music.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 pm

i was bummed when i first heard this wasnt going to be a tull album but the music is good. Its on my list to get.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Dreadful album cover:

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Thick_As_A_Brick_4f313897ee623

I don't care if it's an updated version of the original. That website looks like crap! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dreadful album cover:

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Thick_As_A_Brick_4f313897ee623

I don't care if it's an updated version of the original. That website looks like crap! Haha.

You are missing the joke, it's SUPPOSED to look terrible. The design is a cheap "small town website". It's satire.

Excellent album by the way, I'll be picking it up tomorrow at Amoeba.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dreadful album cover:

You are missing the joke, it's SUPPOSED to look terrible. The design is a cheap "small town website". It's satire.

Oh, I get it. It's still terrible even if that's the point. It's still album art. That crap cover will turn people off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dreadful album cover:

i wonder if best buy will have it?

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm

*edit*

I checked the Best Buy website and they have it listed.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:58 pm

After listening to the album, I can say that it's good, although it's not really an essential listen. It does continue in the Thick as a Brick vein very well (even resurrecting a few riffs and melodies here and there, and a reprise of the TAAB during the last track), but I found some of the musical passages to sound a bit cheesy and unnecessary. There were a few songs that I didn't really dig on the first listen, but despite those I'd give the album a solid 3.5 out of 5 as of right now.

And sonically, it does sound VERY good. The production is basically flawless; Steven Wilson is great at what he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm

This album is definitely a "grower", I've been liking it better with each spin.

One of my favorite "tracks", Kismet In Suburbia

Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:19 am

S.D. wrote:

True and the web address also works. What a funny website they created. I really like such effort.

And i was honestly surprised that nobody from JT, not even Martin Barre was involved with the album. It sounds so typical like a 70's Tull album.
So far i really like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
S.D. wrote:

True and the web address also works. What a funny website they created. I really like such effort.

And i was honestly surprised that nobody from JT, not even Martin Barre was involved with the album. It sounds so typical like a 70's Tull album.
So far i really like it.

it is quite good. Now for some new Tull headbanger

Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:59 am

ShadowAngel wrote:

I guess that suggests that the other band members didn't have that much input and Tull has really just been Ian Anderson's backing band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:28 am

I wouldn't go that far. The original Thick As A Brick album was Ian's brainchild, yet most of the music aside from the acoustic opening section was co-written by the entire band in the studio. Ian had always been the primary songwriter and acoustic guitarist, Martin Barre plays electric on the albums adding the rock sections to Anderson's acoustic folk melodies.

The guitarist on TAAB2 (Florian Opahle) does an excellent job of keeping his electric work within the realm of Barre's style, yet not just copy it exactly, he plays great throughout.

Even if Barre had been involved, him and Ian are the only two remaining members from the original Thick As A Brick album anyway, so I have no issues with TAAB2 being released as an Ian Anderson solo album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

There is another Ian Anderson concept album on the way next year, this was posted on the Jethro Tull website.

As some of you may know, a new album is in the works for recording in December/Jan with release scheduled at Easter 2014. The first tours to feature this new concept album (no – I am NOT going to tell you title) begin with the UK tour starting late April. Further tours throughout 2014 will feature the new material in a more theatrical setting, once again, together with a selection of The Best Of Jethro Tull. Is this to be an Ian Anderson album or a Jethro Tull album, I hear you ask? Not sure, really, I reply, if somewhat evasively….
But I wrote the music in January and did the demos in February and it just requires a few tweaks by my old chum, lyricist Gerald B to have it all locked down and ready for rehearsal beginning 25th November at 10.00 sharp.
It is set in a more aggressive style than the TAAB2 record. Much less acoustic guitar from me and more flute and heavier guitar sounds. Folk-Prog-Metal, you might say, if you were desperately searching for a descriptive term. There are lots of dynamics and varied tempos and keys throughout its lengthy 55 mins. But since it was demoed all on acoustic guitar in a Barbados hotel room, it doesn’t quite sound like that at the moment. But trust me! I know exactly what I am doing.
But then again, knowing me (as I am learning to do), I might just scrap it all and start afresh.

So I guess now we wait to see whether Martin Barre will be involved or not, if Martin is on board then it will be released as "Jethro Tull", if he doesn't participate it will be released as an Ian Anderson solo album.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Quote :

It is set in a more aggressive style than the TAAB2 record. Much less acoustic guitar from me and more flute and heavier guitar sounds. Folk-Prog-Metal, you might say, if you were desperately searching for a descriptive term. There are lots of dynamics and varied tempos and keys throughout its lengthy 55 mins.
Now that sounds right up my alley!

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Really, I thought anything with more than 3 chords and a 4/4 time signature drove you insane?

lol! 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Really, I thought anything with more than 3 chords and a 4/4 time signature drove you insane?  

lol! 

C'mon, you know I'm a big Tull fan. \'arry \'eadbanger 

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

It is set in a more aggressive style than the TAAB2 record. Much less acoustic guitar from me and more flute and heavier guitar sounds. Folk-Prog-Metal, you might say, if you were desperately searching for a descriptive term. There are lots of dynamics and varied tempos and keys throughout its lengthy 55 mins.

kinda sounds like Tusmorke!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!   Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thick As A Brick 2 - new Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull album on the way!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2