Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone like Survivor?

Go down 
+18
Troublezone
Zdan
MEGATRON
QuothTheRaven
Nico
speed101
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
snooloui
BearOnUnicycle
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
Hadley
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Anyone like Survivor? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Is anyone here a fan of Survivor? I know theyre mostly only known for Eye of the Tiger, but they have plenty of other excellent songs. I can see them having appeal to hard rock fans as the first 4 albums are slightly more harder edged than most AOR. The later albums did get way too poppy, but even those ones have some good songs. I like what ive heard from their most recent album "reach" as well.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Hadley wrote:
Is anyone here a fan of Survivor? I know theyre mostly only known for Eye of the Tiger, but they have plenty of other excellent songs. I can see them having appeal to hard rock fans as the first 4 albums are slightly more harder edged than most AOR. The later albums did get way too poppy, but even those ones have some good songs. I like what ive heard from their most recent album "reach" as well.

I'm a fan of Survivor. I was happy to find out that Jimi Jamison is back with the band! I believe they will be touring this summer! Though I appreciate their early days w/Dave Bickler, I prefer their albums "Vital Signs", "When Seconds Count" and "Too Hot to Sleep".
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:22 pm

I like quite a bit of Survivor. Their first three albums are great melodic rock. After that they got a little bit too 80's for my taste, but they're not bad.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 am

I own EoTT and enjoy the album. However, can't say I've ever felt a need to purchase moar.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 am

I own Vital Signs and it's fantastic. One of the best AOR albums for sure.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 pm

I like a bit of Survivor, I think my favorite songs are Caught In The Game(great riff) and Summer Nights. I like the Bickler era more than the Jamison one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I like a few songs...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

i have a greatest hits album i like alot

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:48 am

Quote :
I think my favorite songs are Caught In The Game(great riff) and Summer Nights

Mine too. Summer Nights should've been a huge FM radio hit back then.

Since Rocky 3 came out till this very day the only rock song from the last forty years my dad plays is Eye Of The Tiger. Still cracks me up to think how his little nano has all this Bill Haley stuff and one play list is EOTT five times.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 am

Never paid'em much attention beyond "Eye of the Tiger" to be honest.

I saw "Rocky III" in a theatre when it was current and I remember digging the song when it played in the film, had no idea who it was at the time (till it started getting radio play of course)... my friends and I tried to figure out who it was and if memory serves we thought it might've been Triumph, of all bands.. surprised .

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:10 am

Quote :
Never paid'em much attention beyond "Eye of the Tiger" to be honest.

I remember seeing them perform that song on 'Solid Gold'. I don't know why I remember that when I can't even remember the birthday of my own mother. Thankfully YouTube is there so you can all enjoy...

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 am

They are good stuff.They should of had few more hits.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 pm

"Eye of the Tiger" is one of my favorite non-metal songs! I listened to some clips of other songs and didn't get into 'em, but I will have to listen again sometime.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Nico wrote:
"Eye of the Tiger" is one of my favorite non-metal songs! I listened to some clips of other songs and didn't get into 'em, but I will have to listen again sometime.

Try "Caught In The Game". The opening/chorus riff is KILLER!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I haven't thought about this band for years! Eye of the Tiger was one of the first commercial cassettes I ever bought back in the day (wow, does that date me, or what?) I remember playing this a lot my junior year in high school. In addition to Eye of the Tiger, I liked a couple of other tracks (thanks Wikipedia for the track list) Children of the Night, Ever Since the World Began (if memory serves, a ballad with a beautiful melody) and, I think, American Heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:33 pm

I still have the 45 of Eye Of The Tiger around here somewhere. I think it's the only song of their's I know with the first vocalist. I don't mind the later stuff too much, I Can't Hold Back in particular.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 pm

I have their newest album and I quite like it. Not a fan of anything else they did though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Nico wrote:

I like Eye of the Tiger but i am burned out on it to the point where i cannot listen to it.

Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 pm

I LOVE Survivor. But....only the "For Your Pretty Moves" band. Anybody know those guys. Solid hard rock/proto-metal. Lots of Thin Lizzy/Judas Priest guitar going on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Quote :
Anyone like Survivor?

Rocky does.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Anyone like Survivor?

Rocky does.

Apollo doesnt Razz

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:39 pm

I went to the neighborhood bakery this morning and heard 'Eye of the Tiger' playing on the radio. Really inspired me to buy 4 danishes instead of 3.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I went to the neighborhood bakery this morning and heard 'Eye of the Tiger' playing on the radio. Really inspired me to buy 4 danishes instead of 3.

Eye of the Tiger makes a good Weird Al parody:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Cheese danishes?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Cheese danishes?

rasberry danishes??

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone like Survivor?   Anyone like Survivor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone like Survivor?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next