Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Company vs Survivor

Go down 
+27
Hadley
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
the sentinel
Glower
gitters
speed101
holydiver97595
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
bassman
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
nevermore
stepcousin
James B.
krokus
chewie
Gilbert
DeathCult
MoonChild
manny
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Alex Dee Rokket
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which band do you like best?
Survivor
Bad Company vs Survivor Vote_lcap30%Bad Company vs Survivor Vote_rcap
 30% [ 14 ]
Bad Company
Bad Company vs Survivor Vote_lcap70%Bad Company vs Survivor Vote_rcap
 70% [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 46

AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Bad Company vs Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I am more partial to Survivor but Bad Company is pretty awesome too - however I like the rockin vibe of Survivor's songs better plus they were featured in two of my all time favorite movies!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm

This isn't even close for me. Bad Company's music doesn't sound dated to my ears. Can't say the same for Survivor.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

I don't think either bands sound dated. However Survivor's late 80s material like When Seconds Count can sound a bit dated at times. Just depends on my mood. I normally prefer their first 3 - 4 albums. I've been listening to the self-titled debut a bit lately and it rocks out real hard.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 pm

I respect the work of Bad Company quite a bit, but I'm a big fan of Survivor. This isn't even close for me. I liked the Dave Bickler years, and I loved the Jimi Jamison years. If I had to pick a rock band's songs as a video montage for my adolescent years, it would be Survivor. It's feel good music...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:52 pm

For me there are two defining differences.

I don't think Bad Company ever used keyboards (especially synths) as much as Survivor eventually did (thus making them sound dated IMO) and more importantly, Bad Company had Paul Rodgers, one of the greatest rock vocalists in history as far as I'm concerned.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
For me there are two defining differences.

I don't think Bad Company ever used keyboards (especially synths) as much as Survivor eventually did (thus making them sound dated IMO) and more importantly, Bad Company had Paul Rodgers, one of the greatest rock vocalists in history as far as I'm concerned.

+ 1000

Bad Company is an iconic band and still sounds great to me, and even if they did sound dated, they would still have the advantage because they have the legendary Paul Rodgers on vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 pm

I love both bands, but you're comparing blues rock with pop rock. The scales are unevenly tipped in Bad Company's direction.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I am with Bad Company.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Bad Company, I mean come on, they had Mick Ralphs. However, this isn't a fair comparison either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

This isn't strictly about comparing the bands. It's more about what you like better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Survivor had enough good songs for a greatest hits, Bad Company has great albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:38 am

Isn't survivor the band that plays eye of the tiger?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 am

I like some Survivor tunes but Bad Company just ROCKS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:02 am

I like SURVIVOR more. I like some BAD COMPANY songs from the 70s and some of their 80s AOR, MELODIC HARD ROCK albums but i like SURVIVOR more, and COBRA.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:56 am

Growing up in the 70's and coming of age as a musician in the 70's, my choice is Bad Co.

I only know one tune by Survivor, gues which one Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:41 am

I dont really see the comparison. Survivor was popular from about '82-'85ish. Bad Company (the 80's band) didnt put out a debut until '86 and their peak was '88-'92 or '93.

Survivor has a couple good songs but I'll take '88-'93 Bad co. anyday.

I'm not even talkin' about Bad Company of the 70's, they were frikkin' legends and Paul Rodgers is one of the greatest rock vocalists ever. Survivor couldn't even carry their equipment as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't get the comparison either. Survivor has some cool songs but they can't compare to the legendary material of Bad Company.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:20 pm

You guys obviously didn't read the question: there's no comparison , there's no seriousness about this ... it's just a simple question: WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE BEST...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm

I like Bad Company's debut album...and nothing by Survivor.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
You guys obviously didn't read the question: there's no comparison , there's no seriousness about this ... it's just a simple question: WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE BEST...

OK fine Bad Company, I hate Survivor
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Survivor.

Screw you guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am

Crap. Why did I vote for Survivor? Can I get a do-over?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Bad Company by a mile, the early material is great, the late 80's - early 90's stuff is also really good. A band I was in in college used to cover Holy Water and got great crowd response.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Bad Company...I can't deny...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 am

Bad Company by a long shot.They have a much better catalog in my opinion.Survivor only has a few songs I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company vs Survivor   Bad Company vs Survivor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Company vs Survivor
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: