Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Warlock album

Go down 
+19
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Lari
brokentulsa
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
krokus
nevermore
EvyMetal
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
romeolimagolf
mc666
Wargod
kmorg
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite Warlock album
Burning The Witches
Favorite Warlock album Vote_lcap27%Favorite Warlock album Vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
Hellbound
Favorite Warlock album Vote_lcap12%Favorite Warlock album Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
True As Steel
Favorite Warlock album Vote_lcap12%Favorite Warlock album Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Triumph And Agony
Favorite Warlock album Vote_lcap49%Favorite Warlock album Vote_rcap
 49% [ 13 ]
Force Majeure (under the Doro moniker)
Favorite Warlock album Vote_lcap0%Favorite Warlock album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Favorite Warlock album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 3:55 pm

I miss Warlock! All other bands seem to reunite, and there have been talks of a reunited Warlock too. I hope it happens.

So what is your favorite Warlock album?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 3:56 pm

For me it is a toss up between Triumph and Agony & True as Steel. Voted the latter. Both gets ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ stars from me Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 4:24 pm

True As Steel for me anyway have the Warlock dvd?

Wargod48

NP: Mystery Blue - Metal Slaves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 pm

One band I would like to hear that I have never heard.

I was in a used cd store and someone had sold 4 cds by them. I remember one was Burning The Witches, I got home and made the decision to buy them all. Of course they were all gone, someone jumed one that
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Burning The Witches is my fave, simply because it was one of the first
records i ever purchased on my own as a kid. i love every single
Warlock/Doro released (even the experimental Machine II Machine album).

Doro doesn't need to reunite with Warlock. she is doing great on her
own & still putting out quality metal. if you want to hear her on
some Warlock songs, grab that last dvd she put out.

@ heath.. if you like Priest, Accept, Manowar, Motorhead, Dio, etc, do yourself a favor
& check out anything Warlock/Doro. she's the metal queen! humble

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:26 pm

mc666 wrote:

@ heath.. if you like Priest, Accept, Manowar, Motorhead, Dio, etc, do yourself a favor

I would love to! Think I should start off with Burning the Witches?
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Triumph & Agony for me. Great album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I would love to! Think I should start off with Burning the Witches?
absolutely. start from the begining & work your way up. they are all good solid metal. all the way up to her new Warrior Soul album.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Burning the Witches!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 12:37 am

Never could get into Warlock (or Doro's solo stuff for that matter). Don't know why.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:36 am

Triumph.

Warlock actually DID reunite, at Wacken Open Air 2004. Half ot it was
Doro + her solo band with acoustic instruments and with orchester,
including some guests (Blaze sung Fear of the Dark, Man on the Edge and
The Trooper with her, Chris Caffery played Fur Immer), and the other
half was the Warlock team from 1986.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 am

Burning the Witches for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
I miss Warlock! All other bands seem to reunite, and there have been talks of a reunited Warlock too. I hope it happens.

Doro has been trying to get the rights to the name back for years. Loss of the rights was the main reason the band disbanded in the first place. Last I heard, Doro is still trying; the small reunion @ Wacken also led to trouble with the name and they had to dub it "Warlock '86" or something like that.

Though it wasnt much of a "band" by the time of TAA, to be fair. Doro wrote most of those songs with the producer w/o much input from the rest of the band, and only the drummer Michael Eurich remained from the original line-up, apart from Doro.

Cant really decide on a favourite. They are all classics!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info!!

Man, I have a feeling I know you....

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:33 pm

kmorg wrote:
Thanks for the info!!

What happens in Norway STAYS in Norway, remember????
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Thanks for the info!!

What happens in Norway STAYS in Norway, remember????

lol!

I could be terrible wrong. But a fan of both Savatage and Warlock rings a bell......

Let's see if he resurrects any Nevermore and Twisted sister threads!! Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:35 pm

Toss up for me between BURNING THE WITCHES and TRIUMPH AND AGONY. I dig all the Warlock stuff, tho, truthfully.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:25 pm

I picked Triumph and Agony. 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Triumph and Agony. It's the only one I own. I am trying to change that!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 am

St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Doro has been trying to get the rights to the name back for years. Loss of the rights was the main reason the band disbanded in the first place. Last I heard, Doro is still trying; the small reunion @ Wacken also led to trouble with the name and they had to dub it "Warlock '86" or something like that.

Though it wasnt much of a "band" by the time of TAA, to be fair. Doro wrote most of those songs with the producer w/o much input from the rest of the band, and only the drummer Michael Eurich remained from the original line-up, apart from Doro.

even if she never lost the rights to the name... being that Doro was the soul remaining member at the end, Warlock would have followed the same musical path as Doro has. which has never strayed to far from the original vision. she's alot like Dio in that respect. sometimes lighter, sometimes heavier... but always great.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:39 am

For the sake of not having an online money account, and the only way to buy cd's being at local stores, I never find any Warlock/Doro. I did find a Doro cd, used for 20 bucks! I decided not to buy it based on the cost. However, I have listened to my share of songs on YouTube and I like what I hear. I'm not familiar with any of the albums though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:45 am

EvyMetal wrote:
For the sake of not having an online money account, and the only way to buy cd's being at local stores, I never find any Warlock/Doro. I did find a Doro cd, used for 20 bucks! I decided not to buy it based on the cost. However, I have listened to my share of songs on YouTube and I like what I hear. I'm not familiar with any of the albums though.
i'd be glad to hook you up with a sampling of the discography.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:31 pm

I voted for Triumph And Agony. But there really isn't a bad Warlock album.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:20 am

mc666 wrote:

i'd be glad to hook you up with a sampling of the discography.

Whoa-ho. Doesn't sound too bad after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
kmorg wrote:

even if she never lost the rights to the name... being that Doro was the soul remaining member at the end, Warlock would have followed the same musical path as Doro has. which has never strayed to far from the original vision. she's alot like Dio in that respect. sometimes lighter, sometimes heavier... but always great.

To some extent it would probably had followed a similar path, especially if Doro would be the main songwriter of the members as she was on TAA. Cant really agree that she never changed much, though. Theres a great difference on albums such as Burning the Witches, True at Heart and Machine II Machine. Doro has stated in interviews she was as much influenced by the likes of Janis Joplin and T Rex as she was of Ronnie Dio, Priest and Metallica. The former influences may have come across more on her solo stuff as all of it isnt as through and through Metal as Warlock. On the whole though, she has stayed within Hard Rock of different sorts. But she has experimented quite greatly. Love it all, though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Warlock album   Favorite Warlock album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Warlock album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next