Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story

Go down 
+3
manny
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Empty
PostSubject: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Guitarist Jason Becker (of Cacaphony and David Lee Roth fame) suffers from ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. He can't move his body, except for his eyes. And he still makes music. Watch the trailer for his documentary here...

http://www.jasonbeckermovie.com/

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:58 pm

ALS SUCKS!

Cool trailer.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I just read about Jason Becker in Classic Rock Magazine over the weekend, what a tragic story.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I knew this was in the works, and I'm happy to see it's a reality. I had heard that his Father had developed a way for Jason to communicate with his eyes, which was definitely interesting to see. There's cancer, AIDS, alzheimers, but ALS has got to be the worst. Thank God, it's one of those rare types of diseases out there, as it is just damn right scary. When doctors tell you that you have 3-5 years to live, pretty much that's what it means. The disease spares nobody!

I remember when it was announced that hall of fame pitcher Jim "Catfish" Hunter had ALS. I hate to say this (especially since Jason Becker and Stephen Hawking have done great things since living with this disease), but I thought "Catfish" was dealt a better fate when he fell down the stairs at home and ended up dying shortly after.

Here are some famous people who either have this horrible disease or succumbed to ALS.

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/famous-als.shtml

I had no idea that the actors Lane Smith or David Niven were stricken by this disease.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 pm

That is tear-jerking...dude is an absolute musical genius and miracle...

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm

It's great to see that he's still got a lot of life in him. Not to mention that he looks pretty good for someone in such a crappy situation.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 am

He was an amazing player. I'm glad he at least recorded some albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 am

This reminds me... There was supposed to be a Randy Rhoads documentary film. I wonder what happened to that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 am

manny wrote:
I just read about Jason Becker in Classic Rock Magazine over the weekend, what a tragic story.

Same here. That article is what inspired me to make that initial post.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 3:47 pm

This is a heartwarming video of EVH and Jason. Eddie really showed a lot of respect and kindness.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story   Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Dead Yet - The Jason Becker Story
Page 1 of 1