Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Jason Newsted up to?

Go down 
+15
Leatherface
GrandNational
Tur-Thalion
Lurideath
kmorg
T-Roy
Stender
ultmetal
_Wes
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
Addy
manny
fingers
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

What is Jason Newsted up to? Empty
PostSubject: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 am

Just wandering what id Jason Newsted up to these days? I heard he broke his back 3 years ago and I gather he is kept out of the spotlight since, it would be great if he'd rejoin MetallicA lol! but unfortunately that will never happen.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 am

Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted is about to get all arty – with his first exhibition of paintings.This happens at the Micaela Gallery in San Francisco, from May 6 to June 27. According to Blabbermouth, Newsted had the following to say about his skills with a brush:
“I am possessed by an undercurrent of kinetic energy that I have channelled through pure artistic creation for as long as I can remember, beginning with childhood drawings and songs, followed by teenage rock and roll based ideas, and ultimately, internationally recognized musical recordings and live performances.
“With the title of most decorated heavy metal bass guitarist of all time intact, my purpose has shifted from making crazy and colourful music, to making crazy and colourful paintings.”
And here’s an example of his talents:
What is Jason Newsted up to? Newstedart
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 am

I wouldnt want Newsted to rejoin metallica, what happened with Echobrain?

Or his involvement with Ozzy?

Him and Lars should hook up and paint the town heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

Jason is my all-time fave member of Metallica, past or present. I've seen with Metallica and Ozzy and he ruled the stage with both bands!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 am

Apparently he's taking lessons from the "Paul Stanley Book Of Art".

Quick, without cheating, tell me which one is a Starman original and which is a Jay-son Newkid masterpiece ...

What is Jason Newsted up to? The_mirrorS_image_paul_stanleyWhat is Jason Newsted up to? Newstart1

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 am

They both look like something one of your monkeys could come up with to me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
What is Jason Newsted up to? 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

tohostudios wrote:

I would ask you to not insult my monkeys like that. Thank you and good day, sir.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I would ask you to not insult my monkeys like that. Thank you and good day, sir.
What is Jason Newsted up to? Lol

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 am

Round 2: Congo the Chimp, Paul Stanley, Jason Newsted

What is Jason Newsted up to? Congobluepainting What is Jason Newsted up to? Doors_of_perception1 What is Jason Newsted up to? Newstart5

Jason wins by a slight margin, just because you can almost see something in there. Paul's work looks like it was left out in the rain. And poor Congo was just cleaning off his brushes when someone decided to frame and sell his canvas.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am

That one from Paul does look like it was left in the rain. It also makes me wipe my glasses because it looks like I'm looking through smudges.

Metal novice
Metal novice
_Wes

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 am

is he using crayon?????
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 am

Well heck, my 12 year old does have talent. I'm going to have to quit telling her it looks like monkeys drew it.

Quote :
“With the title of most decorated heavy metal bass guitarist of all time intact

What?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

Wow! You guys have no appreciation of abstract art at all. You can most certainly see the difference between Stanley and Newstead's art. They both have very distinct styles of painting. Stanley's is smoother and more airy, while Newsted has a more heavy handed look with thick strokes that add to the overall feel of the piece.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 am

Quote :
Wow! You guys have no appreciation of abstract art at all.

You got that right.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 am

tohostudios wrote:
That one from Paul does look like it was left in the rain. It also makes me wipe my glasses because it looks like I'm looking through smudges.

Sadly people are paying good money to buy this artwork!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 am

Quote :
You guys have no appreciation of abstract art at all.

I can appreciate some abstract art by an abstract artist. What I don't appreciate is a musician or actor that slaps around some paint or doodles on a napkin and tries to pass it off as "art".

It offends me as an artist that has been working in the medium, went to school for it and is trying to make a career out of it. These guys are selling their celebrity, not their art. It would be equally offensive to me if a famous artist strummed a few chords and banged out a tune or 2 and claimed to be a musician.

You can be creative and express yourself in many different fields. Art and music can go hand-in-hand. I get that. But Paul or Jason or any other bored celebrity that takes their hobby to the masses and opens themselves up to criticism is gonna get it right between the eyes from me and my monkey.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 am

whats with the "most decorated bass player intact" title? Wouldnt that be the guy that he replaced? Or someone else like Steve Harris or something.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:34 am

Yeah, I missed that that was a quote the first time I read that. I thought the author of the article was editorializing; I didn't realize Newsted was bragging on himself.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am

When I went to art school I realized a few things. Most artists that painted/illustrated abstract did so because they have no natural artistic ability to illustrate in the realistic. They cannot draw freeform realistic art. Which leaves them with messes like this.

As an artist myself I am not a fan at all of abstract art. Every single one of us has done at least this good and more in grade school and kindergarten.

Just because somebody is a musical artist.....does not mean they have artistic ability on canvas or paper. Although, every single woman out there including my wife (who can't draw a blade of grass) would argue they are creative and artistic. Uhuh, sure honey. **that's why every wall in our house is a different color** Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am

Maybe he is most decorated because he abstract arted on himself.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

I thought Jason was still active with Voivod

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

From what I understand original Voivod bassist Jean-Yves Thériault (Blacky) is back in Voivod.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah Blacky is back in Voivod and has been for the last year.

Those paintings are horrible. Looks like they were done by pre-schoolers. People pay money for that huh? SUCKERS!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 pm

I think the art pieces look pretty cool
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Jason Newsted up to?   What is Jason Newsted up to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Jason Newsted up to?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: