Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astral Doors

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Temple of Blood
exact33
Wurthless
Eyesore
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Love this band! But this new video is craaaaaaaaaaaaap! Haha.

Great song, but in 2011 no video should be this bad.  lol! Looking forward to the new album, though.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 pm

They can't help it! They probably had a budget that was worth a Quarter Pounder with cheese. Great song, though. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 pm

OK, I just checked out some more of this band on YouTube. I like what I hear, the subject matter is very Dio-like. Even the vocals sound like a deeper Dio.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 pm

I am tired out on the singer.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Sounds like a reworked version of Rainbow in the Dark.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Awesome song, awesome band..... unintentionally funny video!! Astral Doors are from Sweden, but the video is clearly filmed in Germany (looked a little but like the town of Wacken, but it's probably the streets outside the studio, or the record company! Laughing)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Never heard of the band, but wow do they sound like Dio. If you didn't know any better, you could slip this song during a Dio playlist and folks would be none the wiser.

The video is laughable, but at least they're in on the joke.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Yeah, the YouTube description says this:

Quote :
Day off in Germany! What to do?? Let's make a video!!! So, here it is: Child of Rock n Roll.
So they were definitely in on the joke. I guess it's cool that bands can whip up a video that quickly these days. At least there's that. Haha.

Great band, though. I think a lot of you would dig them.

Definitely channeling some serious Dio vibes. I've heard some Whitesnake, too.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

Love this band. Love Wuthering Heights more. Dude has some pipes.

The Bride of Christ and Cloudbreaker are two of my favorites from these guys.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 am

Cloudbreaker is my favorite song by this band but my favorite album is New Revelation.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:38 pm

New Astral Doors coming in August!

Hell yeah!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:15 am

I see these guys have a "best of" compilation out. Is that a good place to start or is there an essential album I must hear first from these guys?

Astral Doors $_12

1. Cloudbreaker
2. Time to Rock
3. Of the Son and the Father
4. Black Rain
5. Power and the Glory
6. Bride of Christ
7. New Revelation
8. Slay the Dragon
9. London Caves
10. Evil Is Forever
11. Lionheart
12. Quisling
13. Testament of Rock
14. Victory

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I see these guys have a "best of" compilation out. Is that a good place to start or is there an essential album I must hear first from these guys?

Astral Doors $_12

1. Cloudbreaker
2. Time to Rock
4. Black Rain
5. Power and the Glory
6. Bride of Christ
7. New Revelation
8. Slay the Dragon
9. London Caves
10. Evil Is Forever
11. Lionheart
12. Quisling
13. Testament of Rock
14. Victory

I have most of their albums and nothing sticks out as essential in my mind. Enjoyable stuff - that looks like a good place to start. If you like that, thne you;ll want to get the albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
New Astral Doors coming in August!

Hell yeah!  headbanger 
I've been meaning to check this band out for a long time. I remember hearing some songs and the vocalist sounded exactly like Dio.

Also, Eyesore, check your messages
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Astral Doors $_12

1. Cloudbreaker
2. Time to Rock
4. Black Rain
5. Power and the Glory
6. Bride of Christ
7. New Revelation
8. Slay the Dragon
9. London Caves
10. Evil Is Forever
11. Lionheart
12. Quisling
13. Testament of Rock
14. Victory

I have most of their albums and nothing sticks out as essential in my mind. Enjoyable stuff - that looks like a good place to start. If you like that, thne you;ll want to get the albums.

Yeah, I second that opinion.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I have been working my way through the band's discography and i am more than impressed. I have picked up jerusalem and notes from the shadows, both of which are spectacular.

Astral doors have a new album out: black eyed children. Anyone picked it up? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 3:32 pm

i have missed the albums after Jerusalem. Need to get caught up.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

exact33 wrote:

Same here but unless something has changed I don't feel the need to get "caught up".  I'm not sure if my musical tastes changed ot this band just got too "samey" for me but I gave up on them a long time ago.

The King
exact33

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Same here but unless something has changed I don't feel the need to get "caught up".  I'm not sure if my musical tastes changed ot this band just got too "samey" for me but I gave up on them a long time ago.

i got tired of the vocals. It seemed for awhile he was in every band and it just got old.

BloodWinter
Metal novice
Metal novice
BloodWinter

Number of posts : 21

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Same here. I liked Jerusalem, and a handful of songs from their older albums. I've lost interest since though .

The only band I really care for with Nils on vocals is Wuthering Heights. I really hope they release more material soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Hmmm. Must've forgotten these guys since my last comment. I'd still like to pick up that 'Best of" if I get the chance.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:48 am

I just found out about the new one the other day. It's in my Save for Later list on Amazon, along with a million other things. A budget of $50 a week for spending suuuuuuuuucks! Especially when I'm not broke. F*cking kids! Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just found out about the new one the other day. It's in my Save for Later list on Amazon, along with a million other things. A budget of $50 a week for spending suuuuuuuuucks! Especially when I'm not broke. F*cking kids! Haha.

oh just wait. They get more expensive as they get older lol!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

oh just wait. They get more expensive as they get older lol!

I am forced to drastically reduce my budget for the summer. Wife wants a family trip to an island somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 12:31 pm

latest Astar Doors acquisition:

Of The Son And The Father
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astral Doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Doors   Astral Doors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astral Doors
Page 1 of 1