Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Chairman_Smith
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
7thSecond
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
GrandNational
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I like plenty of screaming, i just don't like metalcore screaming.
That makes no sense. Screaming is screaming, bro. What the hell is metalcore screaming?

There is a difference, and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thrashmetalhead wrote:
I thought the singing voice was ok but those screams SUCK. Their video was pretty lame. I'll stick with the original.
The original video is just as lame. I think that was the point.

And didn't we discuss this song before? Anyway, I love this cover. I never thought they'd pull it off, but when I got that Kerrang! CD (where it first appeared) I was mightily impressed! Definitely a great cover in my book.

I posted that before I saw the original video and your right it was pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 5:37 am

i liked it \m/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 5:57 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
That makes no sense. Screaming is screaming, bro. What the hell is metalcore screaming?

There is a difference, and you're delusion if you think otherwise.
that sentence makes no sense either. Laughing very hard

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:02 am

mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

There is a difference, and you're delusion if you think otherwise.
that sentence makes no sense either. Laughing very hard

scratch I could of sworn I typed delusional.... damn dyslexia

and my statement makes sense, Scott said it too. Why are you not attacking him? Because he runs the boards?

Just because every metalcore band picked up a copy of Phil Anselmo for Dummies does not make them good screamers... I can stand Slayer, I can stand S.O.D. I can stand Sepultura but I do NOT like metalcore screaming. It is the singing, because I agree the musicianship is awesome... I have no reason to not like it for any other reason.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:32 am

i don't think Eyesore was attacking you. i think he was just provoking a discussion about it.

personally though, i always give Ult & kmorg a hard time. they're tough, they fight back pretty good. Cool

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Like most of you, I thought it was ok at first, but when the screaming kicked in, I tuned out. Not my thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
No. There's not a difference. There's a difference in tones, of course, that's the same for all singing. But screaming is screaming. The music is different; don't let it fool you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
and my statement makes sense, Scott said it too. Why are you not attacking him? Because he runs the boards?
I wasn't aware that I was attacking you. Ask metalness if I was attacking you, he's seen me in all my e-attacking glory and will agree that I'm pretty brutal. I'm simply having a discussion with you. I disagree with you, and though I don't recall reading it, I apparently disagree with Ult, too. It's not a big deal. No one is fighting here, or attacking anyone. It's friendly discussion, exactly what should happen on a discussion forum.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
No. There's not a difference. There's a difference in tones, of course, that's the same for all singing. But screaming is screaming. The music is different; don't let it fool you.

Well if you put it that way, then yes,.... I guess screaming is screaming... I then hate metalcore screaming tones... afro
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 10:59 am

Not a bad cover,they do a decent job of pulling off a classic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2