Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....

Go down 
+6
krokus
Required Fields
EvyMetal
ghost
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Empty
PostSubject: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 pm

On Vinyl! Great, baby! It sounds great!

About a year and a half ago a buddy of mine found it at a garage sale or something and bought it for me for a housewarming gift. Recently, due to a "locked out of the house" episode I'd dusted off the old Record/8 - Track/Cassette player and today I was in the garage so I finally gave it a spin. Awesome! You know, there must be something wrong with my ears because a 24 year old record on a 30 year old player doesn't sound much different than a CD does. I just don't hear it. Of course the CD is more convenient but that record experience is pretty cool!

Another thing....out of the 80's - an incredible decade for Metal - this is probably my favorite album. Others are "up there" but this one is the best for me. I'm still amazed on how well it's held up over time. It doesn't sound dated like other music from that era. I don't know how they got the super heavy sound but it's truly heavy - especially when you consider it came out in 83. Not only is there not a bad song on that album but every one of them is great!

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:41 pm

It's a classic album.

I saw Dio on the Holy Diver tour with Twisted Sister opening at a small venue in Pennsylvania. It was a blast! Twisted Sister were on their You Can't Stop Rock and Roll tour. The very next year I saw Dio and Twisted Sister again touring together, only this time they sold out the Philadelphia Spectrum. Dio was on the Last in Line tour, Twisted Sister on the Stay Hungry tour.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:48 pm

I never heard it. Maybe 1 day. It's on my want list. There's only hHoly Diver Live in stores. So I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:16 pm

This is my favorite Dio album, followed by The Last in Line.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:40 pm

its hard to believe, that you havent heard it until now... i started listenin to it back in 7th grade, but then again, i guess thats a long time for me too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:02 pm

It's an excellent album. The best of Ronnie's entire career (including Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, and the remainder of his solo career). Love the keyboards in "Rainbow In The Dark".
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I never heard it. Maybe 1 day. It's on my want list. There's only hHoly Diver Live in stores. So I can't find it.

Download the album, and then buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Have it on vinyl too and love it. I love all DIO albums only ANGRY MACHINES, and MAGICA are not so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:48 pm

One of my favorite albums of ALL TIME!!!

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 pm

I love Mgica, don't care much for Lock Up The Wolves though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Magica rules.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Phenomenal CD. And you are correct in saying that a 24 year old record doesn't sound that much different than a cd from recently. I am going to purchase (sometime in the near future) a record player that has a usb port so you can turn lp's into cd's. I figure it's a more cost effective alternative to buy lp's for a couple of bucks that are in great shape than spend upwards of $50 for some of the more obscure hair metal from the 80's on Ebay. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Holy Diver is a stone cold classic. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Required Fields wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

Download the album, and then buy it.

I can't download a masterpiece. It's not something that I can do. I downloaded Holy Diver and I listened to it less than 10 times. I wanna have the big surprise when I will listen to it on CD.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 am

its aclassic but i preffered his two albums he did with sabbath
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....   Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just heard Holy Diver for the very first time....
Page 1 of 1