Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Chairman_Smith
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
7thSecond
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
GrandNational
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Empty
PostSubject: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:31 pm

Here's a funny version of Holy Diver done by Killswitch Engage, in case some of you haven't seen it:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14620102
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Started off good until he started screaming in the middle of the song, then I am reminded of why I hate metalcore so much.

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Don't really like the beggening was great but...Like Ult said.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Laughing very hard Ok, that video was absolutely stupid, but their cover is decent enough.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Started off good until he started screaming in the middle of the song, then I am reminded of why I hate metalcore so much.

I'm with you on that Scott. I thought the execution of the music was pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:49 pm

I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Their drummer was amazing back when he played in RED TIDE.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
By the way Scott most thrash/speed/etc. metal songs have more screaming then that song did. surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Not really. The screaming of Thrash and Speed sound good. 🤘 This one is juste...sick
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:16 pm

I wouldn't consider Dio Thrash I don't think, especially not Holy Diver. In context, it sounds lame.scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:17 pm

Holy Diver is all but Thrash...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:45 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Holy Diver is all but Thrash...
Exactually!!!humble
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:46 pm

7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
By the way Scott most thrash/speed/etc. metal songs have more screaming then that song did. surprised

Nahh, thrash bands don't have that lame metalcore screaming like the singer was doing in the middle of this cover. His singing voice wasn't bad, but those screaming vocals just sucked royallty! sick
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 5:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Started off good
until he started screaming in the middle of the song, then I am
reminded of why I hate metalcore so much.
By the way Scott most
thrash/speed/etc. metal songs have more screaming then that song did. surprised

Nahh,
thrash bands don't have that lame metalcore screaming like the singer
was doing in the middle of this cover. His singing voice wasn't bad,
but those screaming vocals just sucked royallty! sick
so tell us how you REEEAAALLY feel!!!lol! "sucked royally".....god we are so old!!! lmao!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 5:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Nahh, thrash bands don't have that lame metalcore screaming like the singer was doing in the middle of this cover. His singing voice wasn't bad, but those screaming vocals just sucked royallty! sick

His singing voice was incredible! Why does he waste that talent with that screaming bull?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 5:24 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Laughing very hard Ok, that video was absolutely stupid,

It was suppose to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 5:38 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

His singing voice was incredible! Why does he waste that talent with that screaming bull?

I don't know...A lot of people like things who sound like smurf poo.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 pm

Have it downloaded on my limewire account. In fact, it was the first "song" I had ever heard from Killswitch and now I own all 4 of thier discs. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 6:51 pm

I thought the singing voice was ok but those screams SUCK. Their video was pretty lame. I'll stick with the original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:05 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
I thought the singing voice was ok but those screams SUCK. Their video was pretty lame. I'll stick with the original.
The original video is just as lame. I think that was the point.

And didn't we discuss this song before? Anyway, I love this cover. I never thought they'd pull it off, but when I got that Kerrang! CD (where it first appeared) I was mightily impressed! Definitely a great cover in my book.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Ehhh... that was just silly.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

sucked? not at all. you just do not like screaming vox apparently. his screaming was actually quite good.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

sucked? not at all. you just do not like screaming vox apparently. his screaming was actually quite good.

I like plenty of screaming, i just don't like metalcore screaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:44 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
That makes no sense. Screaming is screaming, bro. What the hell is metalcore screaming?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
That makes no sense. Screaming is screaming, bro. What the hell is metalcore screaming?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE   Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio's "Holy Diver" by KSE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next