Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Mind reissues.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal Mind reissues. Empty
PostSubject: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:50 pm

What do you all think of the Metal Mind CD reissues of the classic Roadrunner Records re-releases? Any problems that you are aware of?

I have a few and they sound great, look great and seem to be fine. I have all three Xentrix, Solitude Aeturnus - Into the Depths of Sorrow, Znowhite.

I've read that others releases have some track listing problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 pm

I only have the two Solitude Aeturnus reissues and they're completely fine. I think Freddy is the one that had some issues with the data tracks being place as track one and not the final track.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:28 pm

i have not yet had a reason to buy any of these particular reissues yet.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 pm

The Displeased Toxik reissues were better I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 6:54 am

I have the 2 Gorguts re-releases. They look great, in a very good looking digipack, and all the photos and album cover is the same as originals, and that's a good way of rerelease these albums. They also include line notes by a journalist and Luc Lemay himself. The only letdown is the bonus tracks which are unnecessary demo tracks that don't sound so good, but overall they are cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
I only have the two Solitude Aeturnus reissues and they're completely fine. I think Freddy is the one that had some issues with the data tracks being place as track one and not the final track.

Yea, that was me, and that was on the reissues of the two Atrophy albums. The first track of each disc is "dead air" if it's played in a regular CD player, because it reads the bonus video as an audio track. Duh. Works fine in a PC though.

I also had a problem with two of the Sadus reissues, the SWALLOWED IN BLACK disc had the A VISION OF MISERY album on it, and vice versa.

Obviously Metal Mind has a slight problem in the quality control department!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I also had a problem with two of the Sadus reissues, the SWALLOWED IN BLACK disc had the A VISION OF MISERY album on it, and vice versa.

That sucks. Those are the only two Sadus albums I need. What did you do, just switch the CDs in the cases?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That sucks. Those are the only two Sadus albums I need. What did you do, just switch the CDs in the cases?

Yea, that's exactly what I did. I was told that the label did realize that there was a problem with the Sadus discs and if you brought'em back to the store where you bought'em they'd do an exchange for the correct discs, but I didn't buy these, I got'em as free promos to review (I still say that the label was pawning off the error copies on freeloaders like me just to see if we'd notice, haha), so I figured it wasn't worth the trouble trying to get the "right" ones. Besides, the error copies are kind of a weird collectible too, I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:36 am

If anyone is interested or doesn't know ive heard Defiance' 3 albums will we reissued with bonus tracks in a digipak format box edition by Metal Mind.Never was too huge into this band,but they had some good stuff and given the fact ive never been able to find or hear "Product Of Society" my interest is peeked.I think its an August European release date and a September date for the American ? Looks pricey.

IronAge--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:39 am

IronAge wrote:
If anyone is interested or doesn't know ive heard Defiance' 3 albums will we reissued with bonus tracks in a digipak format box edition by Metal Mind.Never was too huge into this band,but they had some good stuff and given the fact ive never been able to find or hear "Product Of Society" my interest is peeked.I think its an August European release date and a September date for the American ? Looks pricey.

IronAge--

This is already out. I found it yesterday while surfing through this shop:
http://www.firebox.fi/?page=album&pid=9757
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, that's exactly what I did. I was told that the label did realize that there was a problem with the Sadus discs and if you brought'em back to the store where you bought'em they'd do an exchange for the correct discs, but I didn't buy these, I got'em as free promos to review (I still say that the label was pawning off the error copies on freeloaders like me just to see if we'd notice, haha), so I figured it wasn't worth the trouble trying to get the "right" ones. Besides, the error copies are kind of a weird collectible too, I guess. Smile

Some people like those odd 'error collectibles'. Saxon has copies of the errored Ultimatum remasters.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 am

I got the Sadus album Swallowed in Black today. I wonder if it will be Swallowed in Black I hear, or A Vision of Misery.

Hopefully Swallowed in Black.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind reissues.   Metal Mind reissues. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Mind reissues.
Page 1 of 1