Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Öyster Cult

Go down 
+31
James B.
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Glower
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
Runicen
nevermore
jstate
mikeinfla
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
mr.electric39
JBall_Z
QuothTheRaven
stepcousin
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Wargod
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Addy
krokus
tohostudios
manny
exact33
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 11:17 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I have been looking for a copy of blue oyster cult Imaginos..its out of print and is very very expensive everywhere I look...

Here's one on discogs for about $16.00 with shipping. Not a ton that I see, but that seems like a decent copy.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1186314785
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
I have been looking for a copy of blue oyster cult Imaginos..its out of print and is very very expensive everywhere I look...

Here's one on discogs for about $16.00 with shipping. Not a ton that I see, but that seems like a decent copy.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1186314785

Oh, and if you're interested, Albert Bouchard has re-recorded the album. You can buy them free m his website, and I'm sure other outlets.

https://www.merchbucket.com/collections/albert-bouchard?fbclid=IwAR2Q7whNMZUiGUL_gKn_Zv3Op_cS2xrf9A4SGrGJUtLsGvaCvH8YQ3MMRNE
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 6:58 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

That's actually my favorite BOC album.  I was just listening to it today.  "Seven, seven, seven, seven...."

It's a great album IMO even if I don't totally get the "concept" behind it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Their latest album is so good. It's one of their heaviest and most metal releases i guess. I must order it soon.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 7:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

That's actually my favorite BOC album.  I was just listening to it today.  "Seven, seven, seven, seven...."

It's a great album IMO even if I don't totally get the "concept" behind it.

I agree its an excellent album, thou debate rages whether its a true Blue Oyster Cult album, I personally loved it but it has been a long time since I have given it a spin
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks wrecked neck.. I picked one up today from your suggestion...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Thanks wrecked neck.. I picked one up today from your suggestion...

Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 8:52 am

So i finally got to order the latest BOC earlier this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:25 pm

So, what do you think of the latest BOC album?

I got it in the mail yesterday and got to give it a first spin on my way back home. It's incredibly good and will probably be in my top 5 for 2020.

Funny thing is that it's my first and only BOC studio release. For years, i have only owned a best of compilation which i barely ever spinned.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 am

Well I've already said how much I love it somewhere in this thread. Out of all the 2020 releases I've bought this year it's my most played album. I just listened to it again a couple days ago. Gets better with each listen I think. Loved the new AC/DC, Raven, Cirith Ungol to name a few, but BOC wins hands down for my favorite release this year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 3:49 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well I've already said how much I love it somewhere in this thread. Out of all the 2020 releases I've bought this year it's my most played album. I just listened to it again a couple days ago. Gets better with each listen I think. Loved the new AC/DC, Raven, Cirith Ungol to name a few, but BOC wins hands down for my favorite release this year.

This album will probably be my N.1 for 2020. I gave it a second spin on my way to work and it's just awesome.

The solo on The Alchemist has got to be the best solo i have heard in years.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12631

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 11:16 am

I liked it better than expected.

Due to the lack luster gig seen at Sturgis a few years ago, relegate and reminisce was the plan of action. Seems I was wrong.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 12:17 pm

Now, i need to start digging through their older catalogue...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12631

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Gilbert wrote:

There are 2 separate 5 CD "original album classics" sets that are fairly reasonable. Some of them have bonus material besides the original track listings.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 4:25 pm

James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

There are 2 separate 5 CD "original album classics" sets that are fairly reasonable. Some of them have bonus material besides the original track listings.

Yap, i saw them on Amazon earlier. I will probably go for those.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 12:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I don't know why I can't post a link for this box set on Amazon. Either my kindle is screwed up, or this site is. Every link I try to post just takes me to the home page of Amazon or discogs instead f the actual box set I'm trying to show you.

Look up Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Album Collection. It's currently about 72.00 on Amazon, and to me worth every cent. You end up with just about every album they released, a lot of them have bonus tracks, and you get a download code for four live shows, that to the best of my knowledge have never been released on cd/lp/tape. I know there is a link on the se#one or third page of this thread also, so check it out before you buy anything. I already had about half their stuff when this set was released, and I'm still happy I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 1:41 am

I like all the hits on the radio, but never delved into the full albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I don't know why I can't post a link for this box set on Amazon. Either my kindle is screwed up, or this site is. Every link I try to post just takes me to the home page of Amazon or discogs instead f the actual box set I'm trying to show you.

Look up Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Album Collection. It's currently about 72.00 on Amazon, and to me worth every cent. You end up with just about every album they released, a lot of them have bonus tracks, and you get a download code for four live shows, that to the best of my knowledge have never been released on cd/lp/tape. I know there is a link on the se#one or third page of this thread also, so check it out before you buy anything. I already had about half their stuff when this set was released, and I'm still happy I bought it.

Great. I will be ordering this one headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 3:53 am

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Blue-Oyster-Cult/dp/B008S80OU2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3T7RVZH008QVS

€57.53

Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Boc10
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 10:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Great. I will be ordering this one headbanger.
Only thing I didn't care for is the cardboard sleeves they come in, and the box itself is cheap. But for the money you can't get a better deal than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Öyster Cult
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6