Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Öyster Cult

Go down 
+31
James B.
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Glower
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
Runicen
nevermore
jstate
mikeinfla
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
DeathCult
mr.electric39
JBall_Z
QuothTheRaven
stepcousin
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Wargod
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Addy
krokus
tohostudios
manny
exact33
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Yup stayed up until 02:00 last night listening to it. I love the album, think it ranks right up there with anything else they've done. Hope it does well for them, they are such a great band, and it seems often overlooked these days. Radio people need to add a couple of these songs on their rotation.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 8:52 am

One of the heaviest tracks from the new album. I am definitely buying this one headbanger :

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am

That's really good. Looks like I'm adding this to the want list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm

007 wrote:

I have only owned a best of by BOC. This will be their first studio album in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

I have only owned a best of by BOC. This will be their first studio album in my collection.

I have this one:

Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 81ODvmyi-DL._SY355_

But also do own some full albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

I have this one:

What would be the albums you'd recommend? And what would be their heaviest ones?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Try the Martin Birch produced 1981 album Fire of Unknown Origin.

Then if you're into them, the first 5 albums in chronological order. You can probably get a nice, cheap box set as well. There's been a few released. But if just one, I love Secret Treaties. I think that's their best 70's record.

Cultosaurus Erectus is another good Martin Birch one (he only produced two). But that's not very heavy. Pretty polished.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Lari wrote:

Then if you're into them, the first 5 albums in chronological order. You can probably get a nice, cheap box set as well. There's been a few released. But if just one, I love Secret Treaties. I think that's their best 70's record.

Cultosaurus Erectus is another good Martin Birch one (he only produced two). But that's not very heavy. Pretty polished.

Will check those out!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 pm

Lari wrote:

My favorite BOC album.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

I have this one:

What would be the albums you'd recommend? And what would be their heaviest ones?
You can go on suggestions from others, and end up buying five or six albums eventually, or you can just take the plunge and save yourself some money in the long run and buy this box set.

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Albums-Collection-Blue-Oyster/dp/B008S80OU2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2BQY3PFKNDSXX&dchild=1&keywords=blue+oyster+cult&qid=1602464658&sprefix=Blue+oyster%2Caps%2C457&sr=8-4

For sixty bucks you get just about every studio album they've released. Plus if nothing has changed since I bought mine, you get four live concerts available for digital download, and to the best of my knowledge are not released on CD. It's a great set, well worth it. Definitely sixty dollars worth of good music. You wont like them all, but still I guarantee you'll get your monies worth. Or you'll be cursing me later if you just absolutely hate them lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Other videos from the new album:

Cowbell!

The other guy is singing!

Buck Dharma is singing!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 3:24 pm

I have listened to this a few times and it is very good. Its been a long time since the last album and I hope they dont repeat that given the quality of this release.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 6:34 pm

I can't decide about getting the new one. 

Today I had to run to Sam's Club Pharmacy to pick up a prescription and I listened to the BOC comp I created from all the albums I have (everything from Agents Of Fortune thru Curse Of The Hidden Mirror) and I'm just not sure the songs I've heard from this new one measure up to the stuff in my comp.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 pm

I will grab it but I did like their last studio album which was a lifetime and I will pick this up, we are losing our older musicians and will pick up any new work these guys and others do
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can't decide about getting the new one. 

Today I had to run to Sam's Club Pharmacy to pick up a prescription and I listened to the BOC comp I created from all the albums I have (everything from Agents Of Fortune thru Curse Of The Hidden Mirror) and I'm just not sure the songs I've heard from this new one measure up to the stuff in my comp.
After hearing the first two songs before the album released, I didn't care much for them. I order ed it anyways because I love Blue Oyster Cult. Listened to half of it in the car while running errands, and was like "meh, it's okay but not great". Sat down later that night and put on my headphones to give it a proper listen, and immediately fell in love with it. I've probably listened to it at least six times now and it gets better each time. If you're not much of a fan, then I'm guessing you will probably think it's not for you, but to me it's just as good as anything else they've done. Sounds great, and has some pop stuff, heavy stuff, and some weird stuff, just like any otge BOC album does. Least that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Well as I said, the comp I created came from about 10 albums or so so I think I'm a fan.  But maybe this new album is a "grower" (like practically every Jethro Tull album is for me).  So I'll keep it in mind. 

If you notice, I don't have any BOC prior to Agents because I just didn't really care for the sound on those earlier albums and to my ears this new one sounds more like that than the BOC albums I own.  I guess maybe I like the more "polished" BOC sound.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 11:36 pm

manny wrote:
I will grab it but I did like their last studio album which was a lifetime and I will pick this up, we are losing our older musicians and will pick up any new work these guys and others do

One of the main reasons why i buy the new albums that our old bands release. I am glad that most of them are still around, and i always wonder whether thess new releases would be their last.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If you notice, I don't have any BOC prior to Agents because I just didn't really care for the sound on those earlier albums and to my ears this new one sounds more like that than the BOC albums I own.  I guess maybe I like the more "polished" BOC sound.

I think it's pretty polished. Maybe listening to it on YouTube sounds thin, but to me it sounds great. I know what you mean though, the early albums do sound kinda thin. Great songs though, so I can look past that lol
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 9:57 pm

The new album is fantastic! My favorite song on it:

For me it wasn't a grower, it clicked with me right away.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 12:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
The new album is fantastic! My favorite song on it:

For me it wasn't a grower, it clicked with me right away.
That one is great, I gotta kick out of it. It's just such a classic BOC song to me, would fit on any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 10:47 am

I just ordered this from Amazon after contemplating quite a long while.

I just figured it's 2020 and BÖC has an album out, so what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 11:45 am

Lari wrote:
I just ordered this from Amazon after contemplating quite a long while.

I'm gonna be doing the same thing tomorrow headbanger.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Lari wrote:

That was really the reason I got it only being a casual BOC fan. However, I was amazed at how much I liked it. Hopefully, it will be the same for you.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm a big BOC fan but haven't bought a release from them in a very long time. I should rectify that.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 8:28 pm

I have been looking for a copy of blue oyster cult Imaginos..its out of print and is very very expensive everywhere I look...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Öyster Cult   Blue Öyster Cult - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Öyster Cult
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next