Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Tesla Album...sort of

Go down 
+13
Lari
glassprison
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Red Kitty
James B.
Getizzyback
kethdredd
Smindas
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Jeff's been singing high and strong for a lot longer than most old school vocalists so the fact that it's just now giving out is impressive.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
Bought the new tune the day it was released. It's just okay. Sounds like Jeff's voice is in decline. =(
Let's hope the band doesn't resort to that cheap trick of downtuning their songs just so Jeff can cope. It could destroy not only their loyal fanbase but the very fabric of our universe. Wink 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Heaven's Trail will now be performed with 7-string guitars.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Cool. Jeff can start sporting an Adidas track suit too.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
New Tesla teaser...not sure what to think about it...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
New Tesla teaser...not sure what to think about it...

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard  Mudvayne... Love that band..
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Jeff is gonna be 55, month after next. That makes him eligible for AARP

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Bump. Gotta studio version of the new single. Can't listen to it now 'cause I'm on the run. You guys tell me how it sounds; I'll check it out later.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Bump. Gotta studio version of the new single. Can't listen to it now 'cause I'm on the run. You guys tell me how it sounds; I'll check it out later.

Old single. See page one.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Old single. See page one.

Yeah, whoops. I never saw the link to the studio version; thought the live video was the only one posted. Everyone disregard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 am

The new album Simplicity will be out in June.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm

New single released. I like everything except for the chorus; has that well-worn chord progression.

https://soundcloud.com/eone-music/tesla-so-devine
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:31 am

I'm kind of not liking Jeff's voice these days. People keep talking about how great he sounds, and I think he's sounds kind of bad.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:01 am

I like the new song, and I've become used to Jeff's voice. Here's another song that they've been playing live, which sounds pretty cool:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
I'm kind of not liking Jeff's voice these days. People keep talking about how great he sounds, and I think he's sounds kind of bad.

I haven't noticed anything different. Maybe a little raspy-er? What do you think changed?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:12 am

Samples from Simplicity:

http://www.amazon.com/Simplicity-Tesla/dp/B00KHUKUX0

Sounds pretty good, though the back end seems a bit heavy on the mellow tracks.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:31 am

It's hard to judge the songs by the samples but it sounds like it is going to be a very mellow album.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 9:10 am

Well on first listen I think the biggest thing this album is lacking is a strong opening track. "MP3" just plods along and has one of the weaker choruses of all the tracks. Actually at the moment it is one of my least favorite Tesla songs overall.

"Ricochet" is a straight-forward upbeat hard rock song—one of the few on this release. Most others are either mid-paced and slightly dark sounding, or acoustic based. They do the latter so well that I can't complain though; songs like "Cross My Heart" and "Other Than Me" sound very much like they could have been included on Bust A Nut or Psychotic Supper. Jeff sounds very good on the softer songs as well. On the heavier songs his voice at times has this "buzzing" timbre to it. He does do some very interesting things vocally like nothing I've heard from him before on "Break of Dawn," one of the heavier tracks.

Overall I think it's a relatively strong album, and includes elements of everything one would expect from Tesla.

The digipack has two bonus tracks: demos of "Burnout to Fade" and "Honestly." These are hardly essential. Same compositions as the final cuts just with rough vocals and electronic drums...so hardly essential.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 am

corplhicks wrote:

Looks like this tune didn't make the cut on the new album. Unless they changed the name or something. Bummer.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 am

Interesting, I forgot about that single. It would have been a good addition. Maybe it was excluded because the album is already pretty long.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Best Buy has Simplicity for $9.99 if anyone is interested. Act fast. Even though it just came out today (06.10), my local store only had 5 copies in stock. Well, 4 now.  Laughing 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm

What do you think of it, MG71?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:53 pm

glassprison wrote:
What do you think of it, MG71?

Just mid-way through it now. Not bad, but nothing jumping out right now either. Could be I'm a little distracted with work at the moment too. I'll give it a better listen on the ride home tonight.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Drummer Troy Luccketta has a new side-project out if anyone cares...

Quote :
SAVILLE ROW, the band featuring TESLA drummer Troy Luccketta, has just released its debut album, "The Way Around It", via Varese Sarabande Records.

"The Way Around It" track listing:

01. Insight
02. Out Of Reason
03. Lying To Myself
04. Everlasting Low
05. Hard To Let Go
06. Mayfly
07. Blessings
08. Deep Inside
09. Tidal Wave
10. Last Goodbye
11. Between The Eyes

SAVILLE ROW is:

Mika Greiner: Lead and Backing Vocals
Marc Bonilla: Guitars, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Travis Davis: Bass and Backing Vocals
Troy Luccketta: Drums and Percussion

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

New single from Frank Hannon. His solo stuff is really good, and this is as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Album...sort of   New Tesla Album...sort of - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tesla Album...sort of
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next