Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading

Go down 
+2
Mglaffas81
kmorg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Empty
PostSubject: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Not sure how many of you are still following this band, but I still dig 'em! Here is the new video from the new album:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Hmmmm, sounds pretty generic/average to me - typical post-Come Clarity In Flames - I used to love them, especially their older material - while I never really liked the vocals that much, the music was simply mesmerizing (especially "Man Made God", an instrumental which I think was a bonus track on Colony). I really liked Rerout to Remain too, and to a lesser extent Soundtrack to your Escape - I really lost interest in them after Come Clarity, where they started using the same formula over and over - While I did dig some of the stuff off A Sense of Purpose, it still didn't come close to classic In Flames. This song is probably the least exciting In Flames song yet. Too bad, but I wish the best for them.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I was just listening to some early In Flames earlier today. Thanks for posting the link; I haven't heard anything "new" from them since I saw them live back in 2002 or so. I think this song is ok in some ways, but I don't think it's inspired me to check out their new album
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

I gave up on these guys after I heard Whoracle. They just went too poppy for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I gave up on these guys after I heard Whoracle. They just went too poppy for my tastes.
have you heard the latest by The Haunted? it's pretty disappointing too.

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Really? I think that Colony is phenomenal...just as good as anything before it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 am

Yeah MC, I gave up on them too after "The Haunted Made Me Do It" album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm

I love these guys. As much as I dig the first few albums, I think they've consistently been great. I understand why fans of the early stuff don't like the new stuff, but as usual I don't understand why they still whine.

Either way, looking forward to the new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading   In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading
Page 1 of 1