Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever followed a last place sports team?

Go down 
+25
Gilbert
bassman
DeathCult
Addy
holydiver97595
exact33
Joe
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
adrian
jstate
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
Lari
martinsane
stepcousin
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:47 am

Have you ever followed a really terrible sports team? I've always been a Minnesota Twins fan, and this year they all of a sudden really suck big time. Everything has gone wrong for them so far, and they are in danger of becoming really monumentally sh**y. It's kind of fun in a way when a team is so rotten. Masochistic maybe or something.
Has your favorite team ever had a really awful season?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:26 am

My Dodgers are going through it right now, so I know how you feel about the Twins.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:48 am

Mariners fan and Padres fan here so yeah, I've been there a few times.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:56 am

If they are your team you have to support them right?

I live in Seattle, so I am all too familiar with "losing" teams. Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics...

What really bugsme are the fairweather Johnsons, that support the team only when they are winning.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:21 am

Before 2008, for around ten years my Chicago Blackhawks were among the worst teams in the NHL. I don't think they finished dead last, but second to last at least once. But that made it all the sweeter to win the cup last season.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:57 am

I follow the Pirates. Nuff said,there.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:40 am

The Milwaukee Brewers at one time had the longest streak in any sport of not going to the playoffs. 26 years of futility as I like to call it. I was 11 in 1982 when they went to the World Series against the Cardinals. I was 37 when I saw them end that streak. That was brutal!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:51 am

I'm a Rams fan so between 2003 and last year there were some pretty lean times. Fortunately it looks like drafting Sam Bradford as the first overall pick last year has us turning the corner.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:01 am

The Yankees had a pretty steady run of suck starting in the early '80s that lasted till Joe Torre took over in the early 90s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:03 am

The Philles and Flyers have had their lean years in the past. The Flyers just can't close the deal.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:47 am

GrandNational wrote:
My Dodgers are going through it right now, so I know how you feel about the Twins.

Yeah man I know the feeling.Being a lifelong Dodgers Fan sure has had more downs than ups.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:50 am

The 49ers are well past their glory days! Still love em though!

Oh, my wife is a Buffalo Bills fan................. 'nuf said..........
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Carolina Panthers

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:27 pm

I am a long time fan of the Cowboys and I didn't stop being a few during the suck years!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

1988 Orioles - 0-21 to start the year.

The next year they came one game from the playoffs. Baseball was never as good for me after that great "Why Not?" 89 season. Thankfully I don't follow current baseball (outside of occasionally checking the standings) or the Orioles of the last decade would be painful to follow.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

As a Raiders fan I've been through quite a few bad years but the last one was a little better
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Cincinnati Bengals fan - our suffering is legendary, even in hell.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

+1.

Grew up in Northern WV and they were my favorite team through my youth until I just gave up on sports all together in the late 90's.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Nice Hellraiser reference.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

+1.

Grew up in Northern WV and they were my favorite team through my youth until I just gave up on sports all together in the late 90's.

+2

WHAT?!?!? Who Dey!!! hahaha. I can't believe there are three of us on here. I've grown up in California, but when I got into football, the Raiders were in Los Angeles, and my parents were Niners fans (I was a stupid, rebellious kid). Boy has that been a mistake.

Oh yeah, I'm also a Warriors fan.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I am Phillies fan - we didnt have a professional baseball team from 1984 until 2007 (except one that got lost and ended up in philly in 1993)

holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I live in Chicago; over half of the place follows a complete loser.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:40 pm

The Patriots in the 80s
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:19 am

The Lions are still my favorite football team
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Mizzou football used to be a joke but I stuck with it and they've been doing good since Pinkel's been coaching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever followed a last place sports team?   Have you ever followed a last place sports team? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever followed a last place sports team?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next