Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinyl sales?

Go down 
+8
Witchfinder
MetalRulesTheNight
Igor
Required Fields
chewie
ultmetal
krokus
Wargod
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:02 pm

I was reading an article about vinyl sales. Over the last 5 years sales of vinyl have increased almost 20%. I know I see alot of bands in the metal market are putting their music out on vinyl.

I myself have been buying about half of what I listen to on vinyl. If you look around you can actually find some for a good price and then some can be way pricey. I've never bought much in the 7" but I just started to. I've been seeing alot of bands doing limited editions in color as well, I'm a sucker for rarities like that.

I just made an order to CM and there was only 1 cd on it. It was the new Fueled By Fire which is finally coming out. So I preodered it as a cd/bundle pack CD, patch, button, sticker, T-shirt, other than that the rest was 4 albums, 1 pic disc, 2-7".

So what do you think? Are vinyl sales an orders becomingmore of the norm!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:18 pm

I like vinyls and buy them when i find them. Some of the last i bought are DIAMONDS by ENFORCER on vinyl, the first mini lp by WHITE WIZZARD on picture disc, the last 12" by HELVETETS PORT (MAN WITH THE CHAINS), the last LONEWOLF lp etc....... And some bands only released their albums on vinyl like BAPHOMETS BLOOD from Italy for exemple, a great speed/thrash band that mixed BULLDOZER, ACID, WARFARE, TANK, EXPLOITED, MOTORHEAD and LIVING DEATH in their music.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Yup, vinyl have become a bit of a trend.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:56 pm

For some people its a trend, for me its a lifestyle. I always bought vinyls, from day one i started listening to music and i did during the 90s, 00s, and today.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:40 pm

I've always had vinyl and I've come to appreciate it a lot more. A LOT of the new stuff is rather pricey, though it hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of Doom stuff. I like getting older stuff from .99 - 3.99(Airplane, Sea Level, Kantner). Reminds me I need to put up my last go around.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:07 am

I still don't own a vinyl player, but am considering getting one at last.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:35 am

more than 25 years I`ve been collecting CDs, 2 years ago I started my vinyls collection. Vinyls, I must say, are much better in any aspect, visual or sound quality Vinyl sales? 37951 Vinyl sales? 37951 Vinyl sales? 37951
Back to top Go down
MetalRulesTheNight
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalRulesTheNight

Number of posts : 13

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:07 am

like many others here, when I start listening & buying music vinyl (and tapes) were the only means of acquiring music. I have always been buying vinyl and I will never stop! I can not imagine myself not listening to records... it is simply a natural thing of my life.....
My latest purchase was Crimson Glory's "Lonely" 7' for just over 10 UK Pounds
Back to top Go down
http://www.HeavyMetalCD.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:40 am

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:
like many others here, when I start listening & buying music vinyl (and tapes) were the only means of acquiring music. I have always been buying vinyl and I will never stop! I can not imagine myself not listening to records... it is simply a natural thing of my life.....

+1 headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I still don't own a vinyl player, but am considering getting one at last.

If you do buy a turntable buy a good one not a cheap one and buy a direct drive.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I just made a huge vinyl hall from Century Media.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Just bear in mind that overall, vinyl represents less than one half of one percent of all music sales. It is a complete niche product.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:19 am

any recommendations /opinions on a vinyl turn-table with a budget of ~3..5 kUSD? scratch scratch
thanks!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:19 am

I have quite a few vinyl albums for someone who doesn't own a turntable. I have a hard time with them when I try to play one in my car.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:46 am

I'm invested in CDs, Vinyl is just something else I don't have money to spend on (hell, barely have enough to spend on CDs). I'm told the sound is better, but ignorance in this case is bliss (i.e. if I don't know what I'm missing, I won't miss it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:12 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Just bear in mind that overall, vinyl represents less than one half of one percent of all music sales. It is a complete niche product.

What he says.

Quote :
Over the last 5 years sales of vinyl have increased almost 20%

10 years ago, the vinyl format was all but dead (aside from second-hand collectors and audiophiles) till the hipsters started making vinyl "cool" again, so it really had nowhere to go but up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Igor wrote:
any recommendations /opinions on a vinyl turn-table with a budget of ~3..5 kUSD? scratch scratch
thanks!

This is the most affordable audiophile turntable you can buy on the market today. There's no other options and substitutes for the sound quality it provides at this price ($400):

Pro-Ject Debut III Audiophile Turntable

Vinyl sales? 600348

You can get one for $399 with free shipping included here: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pro-Ject-Debut-III-Audiophile-Turntable?sku=807600
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

Vinyl sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl sales?   Vinyl sales? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl sales?
Page 1 of 1