Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retro!

Go down 
+23
corplhicks
TheGreatDuck
SpectreFate
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
chewie
Dark Horseman
mc666
Zdan
Andy
INVADERS
Witchfinder
James B.
EvyMetal
Wargod
Wurthless
arachnoplasma
Joe
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
kmorg
Eyesore
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 12:17 am

Good to see these kids getting a US release on their upcoming album. Hopefully someone will re-release their other albums over here as well.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
Good to see these kids getting a US release on their upcoming album. Hopefully someone will re-release their other albums over here as well.

Yea, I've been keeping tabs on these kids too. I like their sound. New album is supposed to be out January 14th I think. Didn't realize they had other material out though. Just assumed this was their debut.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea, I've been keeping tabs on these kids too. I like their sound. New album is supposed to be out January 14th I think. Didn't realize they had other material out though. Just assumed this was their debut.

Remember when it was easy to find out what bands have previously released? They had websites, with discographies listed and all that. Kind of obnoxious that younger bands don't seem to think this stuff is important to fans.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware they have two other albums, a self-titled and Voyage. You're best downloading them for now, because I've never seen them on Amazon, eBay, etc.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Quote :
Anyway, as far as I'm aware they have two other albums, a self-titled and Voyage. You're best downloading them for now, because I've never seen them on Amazon, eBay, etc.

Voyage is the new one that's being released in January. Amazon has a release date of Jan. 21st.

Retro!  - Page 9 91zGSLy4sXL._SL1500_[

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Voyage is the new one that's being released in January. Amazon has a release date of Jan. 21st.

Retro!  - Page 9 91zGSLy4sXL._SL1500_[

Oh, I didn't even notice that. It's a reissue, then.

Retro!  - Page 9 1381473143_vintagec

It originally came out in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:48 am

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure that they want the first one to be noticed, apparently they were only 15 when they recorded it and I couldn't even find out what label released it.

The original cover for Voyage is miles better, why change it to that?!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure that they want the first one to be noticed, apparently they were only 15 when they recorded it and I couldn't even find out what label released it.

The original cover for Voyage is miles better, why change it to that?!

I dunno. That original cover looks like glowing hairy testicle.  Razz 

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 am

Loving these guys!! (I may have mentioned this before in other threads  lol! )

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 am

Italian psyche?

Oh well, I tried!  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 am

First new band of 2014 to really blow me away and like all great things, they're British Very Happy

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/messenger-somniloquist/

Messenger are the main project of ex Purson bassist Barnaby Maddick. i think that this got put on the back burner while he was with Purson, but it's easy to see why he wasn't content to just be Rosalie's bassist!

Fantastic stuff, really looking forward to the debut album in March.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:53 pm

This album is going to be great!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Orcus Chylde pimped these guys on my FB and me likey!  Very Happy 

Brand new band, who play their first gig in support of the awesome Spiders next month. Looking forward to hearing more, they look a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 am

New Purson, always welcome, I had already heard this song on the BBC session, but like most of the new stuff it's very cool.  afro 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Beautifully crafted video for a beautifully crafted song. These guys can do no wrong in my book and I'm really looking forward to the album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 am

Digging this a lot!  afro 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 am

Dollhouse is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 am

Can Norwegians ever be relied on to not be weird? Nope! This is weird but completely awesome!!  Very Happy 

7" vinyl ordered and looking forward to the new album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 pm

Just heard this and had to buy it. Record was cheap but postage insane as there are no Euro sellers
Back to top Go down

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Can Norwegians ever be relied on to not be weird? Nope! This is weird but completely awesome!!  Very Happy 

The last album was good, I dug it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

The last album was good, I dug it.

Yeah, I've got into that one now too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 6:10 am

I might've posted about this band already, but I can't remember. Anyway...Baby Woodrose. If you're a fan of Monster Magnet's more trippy, psychadelic jams, you'll love Baby Woodrose. In fact, they sound a hell of a lot like Monster Magnet!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Yea, I recall someone mentioning they guys before. Cool stuff, but their cds are hella-expensive!! And usually feature nekkid women! Bonus!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Sweet Apple has a new one, The Golden Age of Glitter, coming out next week (April 8th)
Retro!  - Page 9 81ovi5wBNnL._SL1500_

Haven't heard any samples for the new one yet, but if it's like their last one, Love & Desperation, count me in!! They have a 70's glam/pop rock thing going on...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Dude! Nice. Love me some Sweet Apple. Had no idea about this one either!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:27 pm

First single from Sweet Apple...

Hmmmm, not digging it as much as I thought I would. That's disappointing.

Retro!  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro!    Retro!  - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro!
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next