Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing a book maybe!

Go down 
+8
nevermore
exact33
Addy
thejokeriv
manny
bassman
James B.
Wargod
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Writing a book maybe! Empty
PostSubject: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Well I've never writen any articles for any ezines ever. But I'm seriously thinking about writng a book with the working title - "Heavy Metal" A Fans Perspective.

I've seen alot of docs, interviews in magz, tv, radio..........and it doesn't seem that hard to do, it's writing, it is a major problem for me. Yeah I think I could write alright but writing it the right way is the problem. Punctuation, spelling ect.....is what will give me problems but I do know someone who could help with it all. My focus is doing it the right way for the fans.

Here is my idea to the book, I'll start with me and how I came to love heavy metal over the years. It will be how I started out and progressed up til the present. After that I want to do a fans perspective on their feelings and thoughts on how they started. Have them write a couple pages and incoorperate the fans perspective through each chapter.

I'd like to start here with all of you, do you think you could write a page or 2 on your perspective, how you started, progressed and where you are at today. I like to hear about some favs of yours, obscure stuff, you know stuff that is mostly underground. I want it to be metal bands that are not basicially in the mainstream.

While I known we all have different views and liking styles I want it all included in your writings. This is gonna take some time to do and incoorperate alot of research. but this is a fans perspective.

So what do you all think? Let me know!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:30 pm

an idea surprised

Follow your time frame....

When you first started listening to it and the bands you got into in chronlogical order, if possible.
This would make it personal to you and a great interest to readers as to how your tastes changed to whom and when.

Hope it all works out for you. The time do it and getting past the discouragement of can I actually acomplish this type stuff. I can offer the perspective of a young fan at it's infancy, the workings of influence had from being a struggling musician during the time that different styles sprung forth from the underground to the mainstream, and the hard choices of playing what you wanted musically instead of compromise had in image and trend.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Sounds great! I'll be happy to help any way I can.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:33 am

Great idea I would read a book a like that
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:00 am

manny wrote:
Great idea I would read a book a like that

X2
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:38 am

Awesome guys hopefully alot of the regs here will contribute!

TY!

Just write something when you can and you can email me your pages!

Wargod52.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:52 pm

I say Go For It!!!!!! No time like the present man
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 pm

cool! I am still working on my sci fi story...

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 am

my writing projects seems to pile and pile on
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 pm

I think it's a great idea. I would love to read a book like this. Sam Dunn has done those metal documentaries should film one strictly from the fans perspectives. That would be pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:57 pm

This sounds like a great idea to me! Go for it, and if you ever need any help, we all will be glad to help! (or at least I will be, but I'm usually only really good for efficient search engine use Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:18 am

If you are gonna write a book, use something like Microsoft Word or something with spell check. That function also checks for comma's, periods, etc.

Good luck with it, its a great idea!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:29 pm

I have started using Wordpad for my own writing, but do not see any spellcheck with it.

yes,
Keep us in the loop how the book goes, it would be easy for probably everbody to send you a page or two,
they can even look at what they have said on message boards/myspace/facebook and bulletpoint their history of getting into metal and how they, or their local scene has changed.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 am

This Idea is very cool.

If you want people to want to write a 2 page, how personal would you like the story? would you like to focus more on the actual bands?. If you do a sample to show how exactly you want this to be would be great
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:33 am

mlotek wrote:
I have started using Wordpad for my own writing, but do not see any spellcheck with it.

yes,
Keep us in the loop how the book goes, it would be easy for probably everbody to send you a page or two,
they can even look at what they have said on message boards/myspace/facebook and bulletpoint their history of getting into metal and how they, or their local scene has changed.

Thats because WordPad does not have spell check, Microsoft Word is a good tool to use when writing
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 am

Are you looking for fan submissions like powermacho posted I'd be interested in writing my story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing a book maybe!   Writing a book maybe! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing a book maybe!
Page 1 of 1