Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The writing has begun...

Go down 
+16
thejokeriv
ultrametal
akeldama
biddle
brontotex
Troublezone
nevermore
Glenn Rogers
Dave the Boss
kmorg
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
jerseyultifan+
James B.
bigjtink
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The writing has begun... Empty
PostSubject: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:03 pm

In the last few weeks Ultimatum have been writing new material. We have a couple songs worked out, and another in the works. One is actually completed called "Blood on a Thousand Hills". It's heavy and fast. A real thrasher. I'm also working on the lyrics to a song I started when I was in Once Dead. It will be titled Scattered (Body Parts). We hope to record a new demo in the next couple months to shop around to some labels, though Retroactive is still in the picture.

We also tried out a new guitarist this past week. We may be going back to a two guitar band.

Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 pm

2 guitars really suites your style better IMO. Looking forward to the new stuff. See you in August!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm

bigjtink wrote:
2 guitars really suites your style better IMO. Looking forward to the new stuff. See you in August!

What John said...see ya both in August

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 pm

hey great news,scott! hope that Fabian works out for ya! i am definately looking forward to the new stuff..any chance you can send it to me?? just asking! i too am looking foward to august! its going to be great! health willling and money pending...only jesus returning will keep me from seein you guys in california! The writing has begun... 911681 The writing has begun... 320592 The writing has begun... 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm

For James. Stevie and The Saints are confirmed for the top secret August show. See ya there!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
In the last few weeks Ultimatum have been writing new material. We have a couple songs worked out, and another in the works. One is actually completed called "Blood on a Thousand Hills". It's heavy and fast. A real thrasher. I'm also working on the lyrics to a song I started when I was in Once Dead. It will be titled Scattered (Body Parts). We hope to record a new demo in the next couple months to shop around to some labels, though Retroactive is still in the picture.

We also tried out a new guitarist this past week. We may be going back to a two guitar band.

The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825 The writing has begun... 778825
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:04 am

bigjtink wrote:
For James. Stevie and The Saints are confirmed for the top secret August show. See ya there!

I will wear my super-duper Sanctuary decoder ring The writing has begun... 201269

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 am

The writing has begun... 795291 hey james,i am 80% at this point that i will commin out to the socal top secret gig!! The writing has begun... 591800 The writing has begun... 320592 The writing has begun... 911681
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 am

That is awesome news, Scott! I'm really looking forward to some new Ultimatum!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Good news!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:46 pm

I have some songs??? ; )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Great news!!
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 pm

go for it,glenn,then both of you can tour together and i would so promote both of ya!! just saying;)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Quote :
It will be titled Scattered (Body Parts).

Is it in any relation to the song "Body Parts" that ended up on the Once Dead record?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Is it in any relation to the song "Body Parts" that ended up on the Once Dead record?

I don't know. I don't really know what that song is about, but I did give Doug the idea for the title Body Parts. When I was still in the band I started writing a song called Body Parts. I called Doug and told him about the song and the lyrical direction. He told me he had a similar idea and apparently he liked my title, 'cause he used it. So yes, this was a song I started while in Once Dead but no, it's not really any relation to the song that Once Dead wrote. (Not that I know of anyhow.)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I don't know. I don't really know what that song is about, but I did give Doug the idea for the title Body Parts. When I was still in the band I started writing a song called Body Parts. I called Doug and told him about the song and the lyrical direction. He told me he had a similar idea and apparently he liked my title, 'cause he used it. So yes, this was a song I started while in Once Dead but no, it's not really any relation to the song that Once Dead wrote. (Not that I know of anyhow.)

Well i can't wait to hear your version. I'm expecting it to be a little more tightly played than the OD song. I know i'll most likely prefer your vocals as well.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 pm

It's not the same song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Well i can't wait to hear your version. I'm expecting it to be a little more tightly played than the OD song. I know i'll most likely prefer your vocals as well.

It's not even remotely the same song. Just a similar song title. As a matter of fact, the music for this song isn't even written yet, just some of the lyrics. LOL! As a matter of fact, I'll probably change the song title all together to avoid any confusion.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

agreeing with the title change..its a little creepy! just saying! The writing has begun... 604261
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 pm

looking forward to some new ult!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 am

Quote :
As a matter of fact, I'll probably change the song title all together to avoid any confusion.

What's wrong with a little confusion, or should i say friendly competition? The writing has begun... Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

LOL! Well, it's not a competition. I just thought I had a great idea for a song and since it didn't get used, I'm going to use it for Ultimatum.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Nice! But I am GREEN with envy!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
LOL! Well, it's not a competition. I just thought I had a great idea for a song and since it didn't get used, I'm going to use it for Ultimatum.

Thats fine by me. The writing has begun... 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The writing has begun...   The writing has begun... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The writing has begun...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Jump to: