Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer writing new album

Go down 
+10
powermacho
Lurideath
Orion Crystal Ice
adrian
exact33
metalhead777
GrandNational
Troublezone
EmoElmo
Tur-Thalion
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

Believer writing new album Empty
PostSubject: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/believerband/posts/225738367516163
Quote :

BELIEVER currently writing new album!

Legendary technical metal act, Believer, are currently in the process of writing their fifth album. It's their third for Metal Blade Records and the follow up to 2011's Transhuman, which was heavily spun on SiriusXM's Liquid Metal and received stellar reviews in print and online. Believer also performed at last year's New England Metal and Hardcore fest. Since then, the band has been writing new material.

Founding member Kurt Bachman elaborates; "As we begin the writing process, I feel that this will be the most sensual of all Believer releases. Once again we are striving to create something unique, while not throwing away any riff just because it might not fit the typical Believer mold. This is part of the process we love and hate. We love being creative, yet we place intense pressure on ourselves to write something we'll enjoy hearing and playing at least 2060 times. Of course, we are sticking to our two main goals: 1) Have fun and 2) Don't die in the process."

While Bachman's goals don't seem all that lofty, the band is well known for their challenging and thought-provoking material, as seen on their previous two Metal Blade efforts, Gabriel and Transhuman. Updates regarding art and music will be made available within the coming months. Make sure to follow the band on facebook and twitter for the most immediate updates.

"Epic and memorable…a well rounded work of metal that is forward thinking on multiple levels, not to mention catchy as heck." 9/10, Outburn Magazine

"I was so taken by it that I've since listened to it several times through… in a row! It's worked its way onto my "favorite of 2011 so far" list, and I could definitely see it staying there all year. This album is worthy of the attention of just about any metal fan. It's all over the map stylistically, but it's got a unifying musical quality that ties it all together… its Believer-ness, if you will." MetalSucks.net

"Adding color to some of the most bewildering – yet crushing – riffs you could ask for, are engaging elements of industrial, psychedelic and soundtrack music, courtesy of a host of programmed synths and sympathetic keyboards that confirm Believer as well and truly ahead of the pack." About.com

"Believer has always exhibited a knack for composing oddly compelling tunes." MetalReview.com

Believer has gained worldwide recognition for their boundary-breaking, artistic form of extreme metal. Joined by bands Cynic and Pestilence, Roadrunner Records pushed a prog-metal/thrash campaign with the three bands called, "The Breed Beyond" and solidified Believer among the ranks of unique, creative musical acts. The centerpiece of their 3rd release, Dimensions, was a metal opera that brought them great praise from fans and musicians worldwide and threw open the doors to collaborations between metal and orchestral musicians and sealed the band's legacy.

Kurt Bachman – Guitar, Bass, Vocals
Jeff King – Keyboards, Guitar
Kevin Leaman – Guitar
Joey Daub – Drums

Follow Believer at the following locations:
http://www.believerband.com/
https://www.facebook.com/believerband
https://www.youtube.com/believerband
http://twitter.com/blvrbnd
http://www.myspace.com/believerband
https://plus.google.com/104997074905262605202
Official Believer Website | Official Believer Website
www.believerband.com
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm pretty excited. I think that Transhuman was a phenomenal album. I'm curious what they mean exactly when they say the new album will be their most "sensual." Does it mean "less technical"?
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:17 pm

...And no more Disco-Electro Rock this time please Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 pm

It would be cool if they re-visited the Sanity Obscure sound.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Actually, this will be their 6th album, not 5th.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmmm...apparently a Facebook typo that I copied over, according to comments there. I guess the version on their home page correctly reads "sixth."
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Nice. I hope they keep going in the direction they have with Transhuman. I honestly think Transhuman was by far their best album to date, funny since it followed Gabriel, which after repeated listens, just comes off as an abortion of thrash/prog metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

I liked Transhuman and will be getting the new one.

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:30 pm

I still haven't checked out Transhuman but I liked Gabriel quite a bit. Might revisit that one and Sanity Obscure tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:34 am

Haven't heard any new updates in a while...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:59 pm

The last two are my favorites they have done, got lost in both for months, cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:08 pm

I heard they no longer were on a label.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Transhuman was boring. They need to bring that aggression they used to have back to the band.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:24 am

I got Gabriel, but didn't get the following album. Gabriel is a really good, just that it took time to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:51 am

Looking back I feel like Gabriel was a sort of awkward transition between their earlier thrashy work, and the more progressive modern material on Transhuman. Not that it's a bad album; but I'd personally put it at the bottom of their discography.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:49 am

Gabriel was okay. Transhuman I struggled with.

The first three are still my favs.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:07 pm

I hope it goes even further than the last two.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 am

I read on Blabber that the bass player had serious health issues. But now he's doing better and they are resuming work on the new album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:14 pm

All I really know of these guys is the Sanity Obscure album, which was a blind buy when I was a kid--I ate it up. I recently reacquired it through SwapaCD. I've yet to check out their other works.

On a side note, anyone have the artwork for SO? It was a CD only deal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
All I really know of these guys is the Sanity Obscure album, which was a blind buy when I was a kid--I ate it up. I recently reacquired it through SwapaCD. I've yet to check out their other works.

i can scan you a copy if that works.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 1:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

i can scan you a copy if that works.

That's okay; they have one up at Cdcovers. Thanks tho. Smile
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Loved every Believer album so far, and definitely looking forward to the new one.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm a huge fan of the first 3, but I've never really had the inclination to listen to either Gabriel or Transhuman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer writing new album   Believer writing new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer writing new album
Page 1 of 1