Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.

Go down 
+36
akeldama
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Lari
QuothTheRaven
corplhicks
Boris2008
Hadley
Sutekh
SpectreFate
jettafiend
Wurthless
krail
chewie
T-Roy
Mglaffas81
DevZor
Dark Horseman
mc666
bassman
jstate
Alex Dee Rokket
EvyMetal
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
kmorg
exact33
James B.
MetalGuy71
Joe
manny
Fat Freddy
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 9:10 am

I showed my kids Rock N' Roll High School a couple weeks ago, and now my 8yo son's obsession has turned from KISS to the Ramones.

We've been spinning End of the Century quite a bit, as "Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio?" and "I Want You Around" have come out as his faves so far.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 1:32 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I have been reading a lot of your Hub pages the last week, Keith. Killer stuff brother!!! My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 604261

Same for me. During the current lockdown/quarantine, those pages bring much joy! Keep them coming FF.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks guys! I have a couple of new ones in the pipe line, I just need time to finish polishing'em a bit more...

Till then, here's a new one that was inspired by a thread on this very forum:

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 14917420_f520

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Outbreak-of-Metal-10-Heavy-Metal-Songs-About-Viruses-and-Disease

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Great Hub, Fredo. I figured you'd do a new one soon due to your work imposed exile. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:34 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Great Hub, Fredo. I figured you'd do a new one soon due to your work imposed exile. Laughing

Yep, I have two more in the works as we speak Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 pm

I got to the part about the "rapidly dwindling beer supply" and instantly had to comment.

I will run through the 70+ rolls of toilet paper I already had on hand before this madness struck before I run out of beer.  I think I could literally survive for at least 2 years on all the beer I have stockpiled.  There's an advantage to having a "beer cellar" in which to age beers. 

I just wish I had a TP cellar...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 8:33 pm

New from our bud Stormspell:
Forgotten Legacy, "The Oracle"

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 14904382_f520

Reissue of 2009 demo from Pennsylvania based power/trad metal band, featuring future members of BEYOND FALLEN and TIMELESS HAUNT.

Fans of Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, and vintage Queensryche should dig.

My Review:
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Forgotten-Legacy-The-Oracle-Album-Review

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Another new one from our old bud Stormspell:

Shadowkiller, "Dark Awakening"

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 14904375_f520

Fourth album from U.S. power metallers featuring members of ANCIENT EMPIRE and HELLHOUND. For fans of Iced Earth, early Maiden, and Liege Lord.

Review: https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Shadow-Killer-Dark-Awakening-Album-Review

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I got to the part about the "rapidly dwindling beer supply" and instantly had to comment.

I will run through the 70+ rolls of toilet paper I already had on hand before this madness struck before I run out of beer.  I think I could literally survive for at least 2 years on all the beer I have stockpiled.  There's an advantage to having a "beer cellar" in which to age beers. 

Hell yeah. I have 11 bottles of wine to see me through. I have been drinking more wine at home and more beer away from the house.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Hell yeah. I have 11 bottles of wine to see me through. I have been drinking more wine at home and more beer away from the house.

I'm enjoying a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout right now.

In the past this stuff has been as rare as hen's teeth; you used to have to reserve your 2 bottle limit at your favorite beer store.  This year AB took over the distribution and for the first time in recorded history Anheuser Busch/inBev actually did something good.

This year's batch is great and was readily available even in common grocery stores for about 3 or 4 months.  I must have 50 or 60 of these 1pt.6oz bottles in "The Cellar".  At a hefty 14.7 ABV I'm sure these will age well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:24 pm

The "Metal Songs about Viruses and Disease" entry is doing so well right now (300+ views so far) that I might do a second one. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:27 pm

You go FF!

It's a great and timely idea; helps people remember this current situation isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 1:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You go FF!

It's a great and timely idea; helps people remember this current situation isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

Thanx! I don't usually write stuff that ties into current events cuz stuff like that tends to have a short shelf life (by the time I would write something, wait for it to go thru the editorial process, and it gets posted, it would be old news) but since our pal COVID-19 looks like it's gonna hang around a while, I figured I had nothin' to lose by trying Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Until I get around to Metal Disease Songs Part II, here's another new one (working from home has increased my productivity, haha)

I picked up this Styx CD on a whim at a thrift shop a few weeks ago, not expecting much out of it, to be honest, but surprisingly enough it's been a fairly frequent spinner:

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 14894260_f520

https://spinditty.com/genres/Classic-Rockers-Styx-Shine-on-Return-to-Paradise

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'm enjoying a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout right now.

In the past this stuff has been as rare as hen's teeth; you used to have to reserve your 2 bottle limit at your favorite beer store.  This year AB took over the distribution and for the first time in recorded history Anheuser Busch/inBev actually did something good.

This year's batch is great and was readily available even in common grocery stores for about 3 or 4 months.  I must have 50 or 60 of these 1pt.6oz bottles in "The Cellar".  At a hefty 14.7 ABV I'm sure these will age well.

Sounds awesome, brother Toho. You are in St. Louis right?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The "Metal Songs about Viruses and Disease" entry is doing so well right now (300+ views so far) that I might do a second one. Very Happy

Great job, Keef!

-------

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=26567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40