Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
James B.
SpectreFate
scottmitchell74
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Empty
PostSubject: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 am

My wife and I will be in Europe next month, and I need to make use of Euro Rail, but I've never done such a thing and I'm a little bet nervous about the timetables, etc...

Any advice for a high speed rail newbie? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
My wife and I will be in Europe next month, and I need to make use of Euro Rail, but I've never done such a thing and I'm a little bet nervous about the timetables, etc...

Any advice for a high speed rail newbie? Thanks!

Lucky dog. Where are you 2 going this time? No matter where, Have fun!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 am

Paris (her all-time #1 draft pick), Brugges, Belgium and Amsterdam.

Spec!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Spec!

Kick ass. Take pictures. All the Best, Scott!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:04 am

Belgium is nice...They take great care of the WW2 cemetaries there. Each grave is assigned to a different family and has been passed down generation to generation. They appreciate what the fallen soldiers did for them.

Have fun

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 am

I hear Amsterdam is great. When I was in Germany back in '87 my friend and I tried to arrange a weekend side trip to Amsterdam (and I think you probably all know the reason(s)), but it never happened. Sigh. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Spec!

Have you seen the movie "In Bruges" with Colin Farrell? Aside from being a great movie, the movie shows off the town of Bruges quite nicely. Might give you some hints of things to visit while you're there. Supposedly have great beers there too. I'm jealous.

I travelled by train when I was in Italy a few years ago and I don't recall having any issues, even not speaking the language. The charts & schedules were pretty self explainitory and people helped us out without looking down on us dumb Americans.

Have fun, you crazy kids!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 pm

What, no Norway?!!

lol!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 pm

You go on a lot of trips sm74... lucky dog. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:10 pm

I need to make my way to Paris to pay tribute to an American Poet buried there, have a great time brutha
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

Quote :
I travelled by train when I was in Italy a few years ago and I don't recall having any issues, even not speaking the language. The charts & schedules were pretty self explainitory and people helped us out without looking down on us dumb Americans

Thanks bro! I've been hearing that. I'm just trying to get some peace of mind.

Quote :
-What, no Norway?!!

Scandinavia is its own trip someday. I'm going to force my wife to sleep in an Ice Hotel, and I'm sure I'd catch some Metal. Figured I'd meet you and Olfasto if possible, as well, but that's another time.

Quote :
You go on a lot of trips sm74... lucky dog. Have fun!

Thanks! Yeah, I drive a nearly 8 year old Kia so we can travel. No car payment really adds up. It's that one thing my wife and I have most in common - love of travel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?   Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Euro Rail Pass as a Non-European?
Page 1 of 1