Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhorder

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
troublemagnet
James B.
Troublezone
Lurideath
mc666
Witchfinder
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
SlaytanicPOWER
Thrasher73
INVADERS
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I agree. And for the record, the only real similarity I see between Pantera and Exhorder are the vocals.

and the lyrical style.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I agree. And for the record, the only real similarity I see between Pantera and Exhorder are the vocals.

and the lyrical style.
Bone shattering riffs also
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:57 am

I hear allot of similarities in both bands.

I think most long time Exhorder fans argue that Exhorder were doing the "groove-metal" thing long before and Pantera took that style, put their own spin on it, and brought it to the masses. They got all the credit, while Exhorder remained in relative obscurity. Which is odd when you think about it. If Exhorder had made it, their long time fans woulda called them "sell-outs" for going mainstream. You can't win with metal fans. Exhorder  - Page 2 447763

Not that it matters to me. Still like 'em both.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Why does every thread about this band eventually turn into a Pantera hatin' Chinese fire drill? Geeeeez.

They didn't sound anything alike musically. Pantera was like a mixture of Van Halen, Judas Priest, ZZ Top and Metallica.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm

I'll be honest, I think I've heard maybe one Exhorder song in my life, so I can't comment on the alleged "similarities" between them and Pantera. I'm just getting sick of seeing it come up every time the band's name is mentioned.

*pant* *pant* There, I feel better now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 pm

A lot of bands get dumped on because of the audience they draw... Pantera might have some redneck fans but they also have many fans all over the world who are not like that. They just like the music...

Why generalize people? Are you gonna call all fans of Judas Priest ga-hey just because Halford is?
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
A lot of bands get dumped on because of the audience they draw... Pantera might have some redneck fans but they also have many fans all over the world who are not like that. They just like the music...

Why generalize people? Are you gonna call all fans of Judas Priest ga-hey just because Halford is?
I don't think that's a fair comparison.Priest was an established band with TALENT that had a strong fanbase for twenty odd years before Rob came out of the closet. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that JP suddendly gained a huge fanbase from the homosexual contigent. I've asked a couple of ga-hey guys that I knew casually from the gym what they thought of Halford's coming out and they were nonplussed which is not surprising-I mean does the average straight male like Megadeth because Mustaine is heterosexual?
I also like Priest and I don't care that Halford is ga-hey,he's never going to see my bare buttocks, so what does it matter?
As far as generalizing people, I firmly believe that stereotypes are based on established observed fact. If you see a certain group of people whether it's based on race, gender, inteligence,social class etc.behave in a certain way over a long period of time, it becomes a stereotype.This doesn't mean that all Irish are drunks, or all black people like watermelon, or all females are golddiggers-how could that be with close to seven billion people on this planet, you're all ways going to have exceptions to a specific stereotype. What i'm saying is that stereotypes are based on previously observed fact.
Which brings us back to Pantera. Not all their fans are rednecks-but I have observed from being in the scene for a long time that for the most part Pantera fans are not fans of the more undergound bands.A stereotypical Pantera fan is more likely to listen to Disturbed or Five Finger Death Punch than Vendetta or Sodom. I like to generalize-you seem to hold the human race in a much higher regard than I do, so you can't conceptualize a misanthropic viewpoint.
It also seems that I may have ruffled your feathers a little bit-are you a Pantera fan TZ? Don't take it personally- if you're not red neck white trash then I'm not insulting you, right? After all, you admitted your self that Pantera has some redneck fans. I don't like Pantera for many reasons-I don't like their music (Power Metal is okay), I think it's simplistic and "Diamond Darrel" was a crappy guitar player that had a gregarious personality, hence his popularity especially postmortem. Anselmo is a real piece of work too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'll be honest, I think I've heard maybe one Exhorder song in my life, so I can't comment on the alleged "similarities" between them and Pantera. I'm just getting sick of seeing it come up every time the band's name is mentioned.

*pant* *pant* There, I feel better now.

Which song was it?

Anyways, here are some Exhorder songs...

And my personal favorite Exhorder song...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm

you will always find a troublemagnet inside a troublezone. Razz

Oh yeah, and I dig Exhorder!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Quote :
It also seems that I may have ruffled your feathers a little bit-are you a Pantera fan TZ?

Yes i'm a Pantera fan. But not every album as a whole... I mainly like them from 1988-1992.

Quote :
"Diamond Darrel" was a crappy guitar player

How so? He wrote many memorable riffs and solos and had a monster guitar tone. How is his playing crappy? Because it's rooted in southern rock and doesn't mesh with your conspiracy/sci-fi musical preferences? Before CFH came out, the band didn't even flaunt their southern heritage... they were just another party metal band trying to make it.

If I were to generalize, I could say that Sci-Fi metal fans are creepy nerds. (no offense)

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:29 pm

I like both Pantera and Exhorder. Why take sides? They're both great!

And since Pantera is over... there isn't a rivalry anymore. People should check out what Exhorder has to offer.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
It also seems that I may have ruffled your feathers a little bit-are you a Pantera fan TZ?

Yes i'm a Pantera fan. But not every album as a whole... I mainly like them from 1988-1992.

Quote :

How so? He wrote many memorable riffs and solos and had a monster guitar tone. How is his playing crappy? Because it's rooted in southern rock and doesn't mesh with your conspiracy/sci-fi musical preferences? Before CFH came out, the band didn't even flaunt their southern heritage... they were just another party metal band trying to make it.

If I were to generalize, I could say that Sci-Fi metal fans are creepy nerds. (no offense)

You are trying to be offensive but that's okay. Liking Vektor is hardly being a fan of Sci-Fi metal in "general". You really don't know my musical tastes-I like every thing from Hall and Oates to Nile and Melt Banana to Huey Lewis and Duran Duran to Immortal to Paris (rapper) and Snoop Dogg. I also love Hawkwind, the Cardigans, Mary J. Blige, Carol King, Loudness and Shelley Fabares.
What all these disperate artists have that Pantera never had was a disernable level of talent.Their riffs were bland, slow, simple and quite irritating. Pantera never had the talent like other bands had such as Artillery, hence their popularity to the common masses. I also marvel at the vitrol I receive because of my conspiritorial beliefs-most of you get angry and attack me personally. Why is this? If you don't want to believe it- good for you it's still a (relatively) free country no one is forcing you to. Why is the NWO so offensive to you people anyways?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:27 am

I love the drumming.

As for the lyrics, well....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 am

troublemagnet wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

You are trying to be offensive but that's okay. Liking Vektor is hardly being a fan of Sci-Fi metal in "general". You really don't know my musical tastes-I like every thing from Hall and Oates to Nile and Melt Banana to Huey Lewis and Duran Duran to Immortal to Paris (rapper) and Snoop Dogg. I also love Hawkwind, the Cardigans, Mary J. Blige, Carol King, Loudness and Shelley Fabares.
What all these disperate artists have that Pantera never had was a disernable level of talent.Their riffs were bland, slow, simple and quite irritating. Pantera never had the talent like other bands had such as Artillery, hence their popularity to the common masses. I also marvel at the vitrol I receive because of my conspiritorial beliefs-most of you get angry and attack me personally. Why is this? If you don't want to believe it- good for you it's still a (relatively) free country no one is forcing you to. Why is the NWO so offensive to you people anyways?

You were suggesting that i must be a redneck because i defend Pantera... You think Pantera were "bland and simplistic" (yet you like smurf poo like Snoop Dogg??) You gotta be kidding! I got nothing against Hall and Oates or Huey Lewis but that smurf poo is not rocket science either. Everything you said is opinion yet you say it like it's fact. And just because a band is popular doesn't mean they suck. I like all kinds of bands... popular and obscure and i don't think their status has anything to do with the talent. Tell me... how are Huey Lewis's guitar parts not simplistic? Or the sampled beats your favorite rappers use? Pantera sure did have talent and they didn't need your approval or vote. I can't speak for the others here but the nwo smurf poo is just annoying to me in the same way a Pantera riff annoys you. We obviously see things very differently in a lot of ways.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:31 am

btw... how fast and complicated does a metal riff need to be? I'm a major Black Sabbath fan and everyone knows their riffs are VERY SIMPLE. (but the most memorable stuff you'll ever hear)

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 am

أنا أحب فرقة أكسوردر كثيراً
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am

Gilbert wrote:

which band do you like? (google translator is not clear) Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

Going back to the Halford....twenty years......closest...post.

I knew Halford was homosexual back in the 70's. I was raised in a biker household and the way Halford dressed was totaly in tune with what homosexual bikers wore in that time frame.

My ol mans friends teased the crap out of me for listening to Priest.

Regarding Darrel A's ability....it's all opinion, yet dude was banned from guitar competiotions in Texas cause he was too good by the time he was 16. That says something...may not mean much to some folks but it speaks for itself

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm

˙pǝʇuǝlɐʇ ʇnq 'sdɐɥɹǝd ɐıpǝɯ ǝɥʇ uı pǝʇɐɹ ɹǝʌo ˙ʇsıɹɐʇınƃ pǝʇuǝlɐʇ ɐ sɐʍ ƃɐqǝɯıp

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

which band do you like? (google translator is not clear) Smile

He Loves very aksordr force.

Haha
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Every band's fans are embarassing. That has nothing to do with anything.

Bands should be judged on their music alone, not for the fans they happen to attract or the personalities of the band members.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm

mc666 wrote:
˙pǝʇuǝlɐʇ ʇnq 'sdɐɥɹǝd ɐıpǝɯ ǝɥʇ uı pǝʇɐɹ ɹǝʌo ˙ʇsıɹɐʇınƃ pǝʇuǝlɐʇ ɐ sɐʍ ƃɐqǝɯıp

If that's what it said, it's fair enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Every band's fans are embarassing. That has nothing to do with anything.

Bands should be judged on their music alone, not for the fans they happen to attract or the personalities of the band members.

That's what i was trying to say. I mean, if his real beef is that the band had no talent... then why was the first thing out of his mouth an insult to the people that like them? Apparently, everyone that is a Pantera fan is a redneck. Doesn't matter if you're from Japan or Russia... (or black)

Another thing that is laughable is that he said that Pantera's music is slow and simple. Yet he gave me a list of POPULAR radio friendly music groups that are painfully slow, boring and nothing to write home about in the musicianship dept.

Nothing like a Snoop Dogg song about 40's and Ho's. Now that is some real high IQ music!

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Nothing like a Snoop Dogg song about 40's and Ho's. Now that is some real high IQ music!

I don't know, I quite enjoy Snoop Dogg's tunes.

They make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Quote :
Apparently, everyone that is a Pantera fan is a redneck. Doesn't matter if you're from Japan or Russia... (or black)

Or a white guy from Philly.

Exhorder  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder    Exhorder  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhorder
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next