Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
Conservationist
Troublezone
325ad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Curious. Wink

Last edited by 325ad on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am

They can never get it together... maybe they're not serious enough? I would like to at least get a e.p. from them.
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:25 am

Exhorder with better production would be bigger than Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:50 am

These guys are awesome. Too bad they stayed in the shadows. Aggressive music. The drumming is fabulous. Let's cross fingers for a reunion.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 am

Many from the New Orleans Sludge / Groove Scene from the mid to late 80's to early 90's claim that the once Glam PANTERA stole their Exhorder's sound and had the resources and financial backing to promote this new style or sound while Exhorder did not.

It is worth noting that even back in 1986 on the first Exhorder Demo the infantile beginnings on the this thrashy groove style was appearent. In 1988 when Exhorder released "Slaughter in the Vatican" it was even more appearent. 1988 Pantera released their last of their Glam albums entitled "Power Metal" which shows they were breaking away from the glam style.
In 1989 Pantera did a Demo titled "Cowboys from Hell" with their new style.
Exhorder were already signed to Roadrunner Records and working on the debut "Slaughter in the Vatican when Pantera was signed to Atlantic Records. Interestingly enough "Slaughter in the Vatican" was released only about a week or two before the Cowboys from Hell" came out!

This is just one of the many stories of bands that should have been bigger than they actually were. Each band as a different story a break here and missed opportunity there, it is all part of The History of Heavy Metal!

Unfortunately sometimes the best bands are not always to biggest, most popular, or the richest!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Power Metal a glam album? You can't be serious. There is NO glam in that album at all. None.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Power Metal a glam album? You can't be serious. There is NO glam in that album at all. None.

Indeed, they may still have been slightly glammed up, but that album is stand alone Heavy Metal, the glam stopped with I Am The Night.

Either way though, I still like Exhorder better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:04 am

Required Fields wrote:

Razz Sorry, I was mainly talking about the look and persona of the band at this time and not so much the sound!. lol!

Last edited by 325ad on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:05 am

What happened to the reunion? I think I know.....

Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Smoking-marijuana
Back to top Go down
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:57 am

I think this picture sums the whole Pantera/Exhorder thing up perfectly:

Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Philexhorder

End of talk!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:57 am

Conservationist wrote:
Exhorder with better production would be bigger than Pantera.

No way in the world.

Even EXHORDER acknowledge this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?   Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what happened to the Exhorder Reunion?
Page 1 of 1