Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Got Fired Today

Go down 
+24
shamgar75
Joe
Thrasher73
Hamer12
adrian
James B.
bassman
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
martinsane
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
Stender
kmorg
chewie
tohostudios
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Rex
manny
DallasBlack
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 am

exact33 wrote:
metalken wrote:
I am certain that you will get another job soon, your skills and talents will not go to waste. Keep strong.

plus you can use us as references!!!

No, we want him to get a job . Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 am

Quote :
metalken wrote:
I am certain that you will get another job soon, your skills and talents will not go to waste. Keep strong.

You don't like DB?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
metalken wrote:

You don't like DB?

with references from Godzilla, Burger King and a Nazgul - how can they say no???

Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm

I feel your pain. I haven't been fired, but I have been laid off and I really really hope you have an easier time finding a new job than I have!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:20 am

At my interview with Honda they told me that they would let me know by next week if I got the job. It will be the same things I was doing at Toyota, except I won't be doing brakes which I would have eventually done there. The only downside is that I will be making a $1 less per hour than I was and for the first week or so I will be making minimum wage (so I can familiarise [sic] myself with everything).

I told them about the mistakes I made at Toyota and both the service manager and service director agreed that I should have not been fired so quickly without a warning and that I should have been on guarantee until I got into the groove of things. Which led me to believe that if Toyota had a proper service manager, I might have still had a job. Another theory I have is that one of the customers whose engine I got oil all over might have been a very influential member of the community (Plano is the area where many of the upscale people live) and strongarmed the general manager to fire me. I don't believe that all rich people are evil (otherwise I doubt I'd be a Conservative) but some of those are people who grew into money and have been spoiled all there lives into getting what they want.

Regardless, I am no longer working for Toyota and other places will probably be more forgiving so I should eventually get another job even if Honda doesn't work out. Also it looks like I may be getting unemployment benefits as I have already gotten the paperwork in the mail. I know it won't be much but it should be enough to keep me afloat. I hope not for too long because I'm already getting tired of playing Nintendo (the fact that my game genie isn't working for all the games and I'm too impatient and hot headed to play them the way they were intended is a factor) and there is nothing worth watching on TV.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Quote :
Also it looks like I may be getting unemployment benefits as I have already gotten the paperwork in the mail. I know it won't be much but it should be enough to keep me afloat.

So your dad won't help you out with some money until you get back on your feet? He should be understanding of your situation.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Also it looks like I may be getting unemployment benefits as I have already gotten the paperwork in the mail. I know it won't be much but it should be enough to keep me afloat.

So your dad won't help you out with some money until you get back on your feet? He should be understanding of your situation.

He gives me a roof over my head and I'm sure he would allow me to skate by without any rent for a while and help me out with food. However, he is barely making enough as it is and his expenses are not lessening. I will have to cut down on a lot of stuff and I still have debts to pay. Unfortunatly, my dad only has a limited amount of resources.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

He gives me a roof over my head and I'm sure he would allow me to skate by without any rent for a while and help me out with food. However, he is barely making enough as it is and his expenses are not lessening. I will have to cut down on a lot of stuff and I still have debts to pay. Unfortunatly, my dad only has a limited amount of resources.

I didn't know he was in a rut too... well at least he's doing what he can for you. Try all the dealerships in your area (if honda doesn't work out). Chevy, Ford, Mazda etc...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I have a positive feeling about this job search.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Well, if all else fails I will be getting unemployment, however, it is no where near enough. My benefits package says I will get $130 a week and the first week is held back. So with my debts that will literally end up bankrupting me if I don't get employment fast. If I fail to get the job I'm going to have to sell a bunch of CDs, my new gaming system (FC Twin, plays NES and SNES games), and whatever else I can scrounge up. As a collecter I will hate to lose those CDs but as a music fan, I will at least have the music on computer and maybe later down the line I can recapture them.

Even if I don't get the job, I'm sure I'll be OK, but it will take some sacrifices. Besides, it's about time I became more disciplined with my spending. Also all this free time gives me a chance to clean up the junk I've got boxed up and to clean the house better than I have in quite some time. It's good I can see the bright side in even the most dire circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:13 pm

prayin for ya, I had to quit my job when I left TN and now im being told that I cannot collect Unemployment so I am really hurtin, I have an appeal but i am not foreseeing it changing anything

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah, unfortunatly (from what I've read) the only way to collect unemployment when you quit is if your former employers were cutting your hours or if your life or health was in danger from continuing to work there. I will be praying for you too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Almost two weeks of too much sleep and not enough sleep are over. I did the drug test and concented to the background check today so it's just a matter of time before I'm employed again. Thanks everyone for the support and prayers, that is why I will never leave this place. Some of you guy's views on politics, religion, and music get on my nerves sometimes (same could be said about me) but you all are good people and I can always come here for support and to share in the love of all things metal. Again, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Almost two weeks of too much sleep and not enough sleep are over. I did the drug test and concented to the background check today so it's just a matter of time before I'm employed again. Thanks everyone for the support and prayers, that is why I will never leave this place. Some of you guy's views on politics, religion, and music get on my nerves sometimes (same could be said about me) but you all are good people and I can always come here for support and to share in the love of all things metal. Again, thanks!

So this job is with Toyota?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Hey, as long as you're still selling me that cd it's all good!! Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

So this job is with Toyota?

It's Honda, not as commonly found as Toyotas but this place is considered one of the best Honda dealerships in this area so it should even out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Joe wrote:
Hey, as long as you're still selling me that cd it's all good!! Razz

Saucebox!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Rusty Wallis??
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Bankston Honda
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 am

we all are in one accord!!!

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 am

exact33 wrote:

If all of us are in one Accord, that would be like the clown car from hell, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 am

bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:

If all of us are in one Accord, that would be like the clown car from hell, wouldn't it?

Yes, but the question is, what metal album would we be listening to?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am

bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:

or the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!!!

and we would be listening to ironpriestporcupinehardocrecorpse!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 am

Best of luck with the new job, Michael.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 pm

yeah! Dont screw this one up just kidding

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got Fired Today
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next