Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Got Fired Today

Go down 
+24
shamgar75
Joe
Thrasher73
Hamer12
adrian
James B.
bassman
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
martinsane
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
Stender
kmorg
chewie
tohostudios
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Rex
manny
DallasBlack
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:14 am

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, with how I've been feeling today I needed it. I still wish they would have given me just one more chance but there's nothing to do about it. It's not the fact that I don't think I'll get a job, I know I will. I'ts just how quickly I will get it as I have doubts I'll get unemployment (I was fired for too many mistakes after all). I also have doubts whether I can get an automotive job anytime soon. Less than one month in my one and only auto job doesn't look too good on the ol' resume.

with how they are handing out unemployment these days, give it a try. Three people in my neighborhood are on unemployment and doing work on the side when they feel like it.

I swear my wife's nephew has been on unemployment for at least a year now.

How in the heck can you survive on unemployment?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, with how I've been feeling today I needed it. I still wish they would have given me just one more chance but there's nothing to do about it. It's not the fact that I don't think I'll get a job, I know I will. I'ts just how quickly I will get it as I have doubts I'll get unemployment (I was fired for too many mistakes after all). I also have doubts whether I can get an automotive job anytime soon. Less than one month in my one and only auto job doesn't look too good on the ol' resume.

After I was fired from my job a few months back, I managed to successfully file for employment insurance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 am

manny wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

with how they are handing out unemployment these days, give it a try. Three people in my neighborhood are on unemployment and doing work on the side when they feel like it.

Welfare also. He and his girlfriend have 2 kids ,are unmarried,probably list 2 separate addresses,etc. In other words, cheating the system.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 am

007 wrote:
manny wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Welfare also. He and his girlfriend have 2 kids ,are unmarried,probably list 2 separate addresses,etc. In other words, cheating the system.

That kind of stuff pisses me off, and I am not against welfare or any other social program meant to get people on their feet, but this sort of thing pisses me off, no offense 007
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 am

manny wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

You'd be surprised how clever people can be.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:20 am

manny wrote:
007 wrote:
manny wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That kind of stuff pisses me off, and I am not against welfare or any other social program meant to get people on their feet, but this sort of thing pisses me off, no offense 007

Oh, no offense taken at all. In fact, we (my wife and myelf) totally agree with you. Her whole family is like that (my wife is the only one out of 5 girls who work;the rest are on disability even though they could and should be out working)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 am

I have a large familiy and I remember when I had unemployement, it was a nightmare to try to survive, thankfully I did not need it for long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 am

Hang in there man, I'm currently unemployed (again) and can definitely feel your pain.

If those cats at the shop aren't willing to let someone learn from their mistakes, then they don't sound like people I'd want to work for....

Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 am

+1 for what Detuned said.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

Detuned nailed it man.People are gonna make mistakes.Stuff happens! Hopefully you'll find better people to work for.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 pm

detuned wrote:
Hang in there man, I'm currently unemployed (again) and can definitely feel your pain.

If those cats at the shop aren't willing to let someone learn from their mistakes, then they don't sound like people I'd want to work for....

Agreed. My new workplace is willing to let people learn from their mistakes. No one is perfect, especially in the beginning phases of a new job.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:35 pm

detuned wrote:

Just what my mom told me and I'm inclined to agree. I liked what I was doing, the environment I worked in, the supervisor I worked for, and the potential for my pay and the pride that comes from only getting paid for the work you do. However, and my supervisor agrees with me, I should have been on guarantee for at least a month or so. We though I was on guarantee which allowed me to take my time and gradually turn into a fast mechanic, but after the first week my supervisor got asked by management why I didn't flag any hours and we found out I wasn't on guarantee. He tried to fight it and allow me to avoid the pressure of flag hours but they wouldn't hear it. The pressure to be as fast as I can to stay afloat I think was a big part of the mistakes I made. Management ether should have allowed me to work on guarantee or at least give me a warning and a second chance. The fact that my firing came out of nowhere without warning shows that those probably aren't people I'd want to work for.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 pm

manny wrote:
007 wrote:
manny wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I am not against it either as long as people are actually looking for work. It really does burn the bacon when I have to go out every morning to work but see people collecting unemployment while working under the table. Scamming the system really hurts those who need it.

and DB - making mistakes at work is natural. If an employer wont allow it then it is probably not a good place to be.

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 pm

I bet you can get unemployment, it sounds like you weren't given any warnings and things weren't explained to you well which is all stuff you can explain at the Unemployment office.
Hey, doesn't Wal Mart hire oil changers? Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Things might be turning around. While trolling the auto places around here for signs of hiring (I unfortunatly found none), I got a call from Bankston Honda and I have a job interview Thursday afternoon and later that night, a job fair for Firestone.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Kudos to you for getting right back out there and looking for work DB. It's people like you that I think should get unemployment if/when necessary. You're at least actively looking for work instead of just goofing off and scamming the system.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Kudos to you for getting right back out there and looking for work DB. It's people like you that I think should get unemployment if/when necessary. You're at least actively looking for work instead of just goofing off and scamming the system.

+1

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Things might be turning around. While trolling the auto places around here for signs of hiring (I unfortunatly found none), I got a call from Bankston Honda and I have a job interview Thursday afternoon and later that night, a job fair for Firestone.

That's good to hear! Hope you get hired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

Keep after it man, i'm praying for you still.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear, DB, but it looks as if things are turning around for you quickly. I hope you find work soon.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Good luck with the interview!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Good luck with the interview man - prayers go out to you.

Keep strong with God man. Remember he tests us at times, but never more than we can handle.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:17 am

I am certain that you will get another job soon, your skills and talents will not go to waste. Keep strong.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 am

metalken wrote:
I am certain that you will get another job soon, your skills and talents will not go to waste. Keep strong.

plus you can use us as references!!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 am

You have a trade...

if things don't pan out in the Metroplex area, consider movong to a region where the cost of living is less. I know it's difficult to jump head first from a comfort zone. But more often than not better choices are made from necessity rather than not.

Your in our prayers bro...

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got Fired Today
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next