Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Got Fired Today

Go down 
+24
shamgar75
Joe
Thrasher73
Hamer12
adrian
James B.
bassman
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
martinsane
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
Stender
kmorg
chewie
tohostudios
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Rex
manny
DallasBlack
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 am

I finally got a job that I loved and gave me the potential to earn more money than I ever had and it's gone just as quickly as it came. I made a series of mistakes Friday and Saturday and one of the head guys decided that I had to go. My supervisor tried hard to let me stay but they would hear none of it. Now not only am I in debt, I have no income and will have to go on unemployment in a bad job market. Sixteen years in the job force and this is my first time to be fired and I don't know what to feel. Anger that I couldn't be given one more chance (I was ready and prepared to never let a mistake happen again)? Dissapointment that I screwed up? Saddened that when things finally looked to be going my way this happened? Or a mix of all of them. The only good thing is that I have turned back to God (Saturday after my bad day) and I am trying more than ever to reconsile (sic) myself with him. So at least I will have my faith to carry me through.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 am

I am sorry to hear DB, I wish I had some better or more reassuring to say, other then that
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 am

Hang in there DB.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:17 am

Sorry to hear that man... at least you took a chance and tried to better yourself.

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:27 am

That saddens me to hear DB, I know how tough your life has been the last coupla' years (at least that's what I've understood), so this makes me feel very sorry for you - I hope you find a way out, you're a good man. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28446

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain, I was fired from my old job a few months ago as well. But I have another job now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am

So sorry to hear that DB. Like Manny said I wish I had something more meaningful to say.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Dude, That Sucks! I've been there before.... Just hang in there!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm so sorry to learn about this, DB. Like the other, all I can say is hang in there, and try to make the best of it.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Hang in there DB, 16 years of working and being fired only once tells a alot about how intent you are for your job. You'll pick something else up quick bro.
Back to top Go down

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

I've been fired and downsized and it sucks. Man, i'm praying for you, keep leaning on the Lord, this'll work out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:42 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I've been fired and downsized and it sucks. Man, i'm praying for you, keep leaning on the Lord, this'll work out.

I think Naz said it best for me. You will be in my thoughts.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm

That sucks!!! Sorry to hear about it!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm

is it too late to get your last job back? if you gave them a decent notice, you might still have a shot.

you still living with your pops?

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 pm

That really does suck. I feel for you, I am in the construction industry and I bounce around like a rubber ball and it is STRESSFULL to say the least. I totally get the feeling of giving XYZ Incorperated 110%of yourself and then to be uncerimoniously sacked it can be very diabilitating to ones psyche. Just remember, it happens to everyone! Especially in today's day and age, to have a job for longer than 5 years is RARE. The job market is becoming just like many other markets disposable.

First off, do not think any less of yourself for being on unemployment, check the pride and realize that that you paid into that account so it is YOUR $$$ you earned it and the government has been "saving" it for you. Its yours use it.

I've been on unemployment since June and I have been interveiwing and selling myself everywhere, but the industry is in a real upheaval.

I don't know what your expertise is, but one thing I am working on through my local unemployment office is re-training. I am currently waiting to start a PMP course that should open many more doors for me.

So to echo others, keep your chin up, I cannot speak for the God angle, since religion has never been my strong point, but keep strong however you need to and remember that you were looking for a job when you found that one.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Sorry to hear DB. My gf also lost her job on friday. She filed for unemployment today, I think, wait....wheres my credit cards? HOLY CRAP! J/K

Seriously though hang in there. Mechanics are always needed so I'm sure if you really like doing that then you'll find somewhere else to work. Good luck!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Wow , sorry to hear that. I'm sure something will turn up for you. Like PRD said,mechanics are always needed.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you pick something up soon.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry about the bad news, hang in there.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, with how I've been feeling today I needed it. I still wish they would have given me just one more chance but there's nothing to do about it. It's not the fact that I don't think I'll get a job, I know I will. I'ts just how quickly I will get it as I have doubts I'll get unemployment (I was fired for too many mistakes after all). I also have doubts whether I can get an automotive job anytime soon. Less than one month in my one and only auto job doesn't look too good on the ol' resume.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Bummer about the job, thumbs up regarding your spiritual relationship...

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

That sucks, sorry to hear. Hope things start getting better for you soon
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 am

Don't list the job on your resume or any applications
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, with how I've been feeling today I needed it. I still wish they would have given me just one more chance but there's nothing to do about it. It's not the fact that I don't think I'll get a job, I know I will. I'ts just how quickly I will get it as I have doubts I'll get unemployment (I was fired for too many mistakes after all). I also have doubts whether I can get an automotive job anytime soon. Less than one month in my one and only auto job doesn't look too good on the ol' resume.

with how they are handing out unemployment these days, give it a try. Three people in my neighborhood are on unemployment and doing work on the side when they feel like it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

with how they are handing out unemployment these days, give it a try. Three people in my neighborhood are on unemployment and doing work on the side when they feel like it.

I swear my wife's nephew has been on unemployment for at least a year now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Got Fired Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Fired Today   I Got Fired Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got Fired Today
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next