Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official ANVIL thread

Go down 
+17
Lurideath
Spiner202
Nico
Andy
Sole Survivor
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
Witchfinder
James B.
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
speed101
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
ultmetal
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 am

I totally forgot until now, I seen Anvil once at Rock N Roll heaven (Toronto glam rock poser metal bar, just 5 blocks north of its wicked godmother I guess, The Gasworks).
It was the lineup with Dave Allison still, and he twirled around a lot. I thought I was at a Cinderella gig.

heavy sound,and they were starting to look more streetlike/reg heavy metal, but I left dis-satisfied; compared to them at The Concert Hall playing with Sudden Impact and Sacrifice, and without the bogus atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I bought a copy of Anvils first album "Hard 'N' Heavy" on CD recently. I bought this on vinyl back in 1982. I was the only guy in the little town ( of rednecks) that I grew up in who had this. Loved it then and love it now!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Anvil has a new bassist. Again.

Quote :
Canadian metal legends ANVIL have parted ways with bassist Sal Italiano and have replaced him with Chris Robertson. ANVIL frontman Steve "Lips" Kudlow tells M.E.A.T.'s Drew Masters that Chris has actually been part of the ANVIL camp for some time now, having been both their rehearsal bassist as well as a member of their road crew. Lips also stated that he's glad the band is, once again, "all Canadian — that is the heart and soul of ANVIL."

ANVIL's fourth bassist, Sal Italiano, joined the band as the replacement for Glenn Gyorffy (a.k.a. Glenn Five or G5) in January 2013.

Italiano was a member of the Long Island, New York IRON MAIDEN tribute band LIVE AFTER DEATH and original progressive metal act THE NIGHTMARE STAGE, as well as a former member of the acclaimed '80s heavy metal group CITIES.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

That was quick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
That was quick.

About the time it took for Sal to check his bank account and realize there was still no money in it after playing on, releasing and touring for the last album.  Razz 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That was quick.

About the time it took for Sal to check his bank account and realize there was still no money in it after playing on, releasing and touring for the last album.  Razz 

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official ANVIL thread   The Official ANVIL thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official ANVIL thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3