Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got My Very First Laptop

Go down 
+4
adrian
bassman
chewie
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Got My Very First Laptop Empty
PostSubject: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 pm

With some of my tax return I got myself a laptop for the first time. From Best Buy I got a refurbished labtop for $500. It's an HP Pavilion with an AMD Phenom processor (2GHz, 2MB L2 Cache) and a 15.6" LED high-definition widescreen. Includes a webcam, 5 in 1 digital media reader, DVD player/burner and Windows 7.

I'm really enjoying the webcam with all it's effects. I plan on adding my music to it (but only my top albums so as not to take up too much space) and I'm also considering switching from my DSL to a wireless internet provider for less than I'm paying now (providing there are not too much extra hidden charges). I origionally thought I was paying about $50 a month but because of extra costs I'm paying over $70 a month. I'm paying WAY too much money. I'm getting addicted to this thing and being able to have internet on it would make it more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 am

Great, now we're going to get movies with you and your plum sweats..... Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 am

chewie wrote:

They're maroon and no. You will however get to see me in my assless chaps. :glee:

Last edited by DallasBlack on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 am

Sweet! I, too am going to be purchasing a new laptop at tax time. Finally, the two kids make me some money instead of expenses.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:46 am

I still am on the fence about getting one. I was pretty much flat out told I should buy one in a class since I'm probably getting a degree in Computer Science, but I really hate the idea of spending so much money on a laptop when I'd rather be saving for a nice Marshall half-stack.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 am

I'm wary of anything refurbished... but i'm glad you finally got one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm wary of anything refurbished... but i'm glad you finally got one.

If you get a refurbished from places like Best Buy, you still get the warranty and all that stuff. Most of the time refurbished were returned because people decided they didn't want it and returned it within the store's return policy or there was some superficial cosmetic damage. And even if there was something wrong with it, their people will fix any problems and make sure the item is working according to the manufacture's specifications. Now if your buying it from Joe Smoe's Online Computer Store then you're taking a gamble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 pm

I've been looking into one. Let me know how much you end up spending for internet.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:26 pm

My wife got a refurbished laptop for about $400, I beleive, at Best Buy. It works fine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Are you online with it? If so, what's it cost?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
chewie wrote:

They're maroon and no. You will however get to see me in my assless chaps. :glee:

well that ought to be the youtube hit of month sick

I have been meaning to get a laptop for awhile but never have...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Same here. My wife, outta the blue, asked for one about 2 weeks before Christmas. A purchase like that is not something I want to "impulse buy" right before the holidays, so we're waiting till our tax return comes in, then we'll do some shopping.

It didn't occur to me to buy refurbished through Best Buy. Maybe I'll go that route? Eh, we'll see.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:04 pm

We've been talkin' about getting a laptop for the house too, but haven't pulled the trigger on it. Between my addiction to metal and movie forums and my wife's addiction to Farmville, having two separate computers would be the only way to restore peace.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 pm

The missus and I have an extra one we'd sell for $250. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got My Very First Laptop   Got My Very First Laptop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got My Very First Laptop
Page 1 of 1