Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

external speakers with my laptop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

external speakers with my laptop Empty
PostSubject: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 pm

I tried to hook my Phillips external speakers with subwoofer to my laptop. I cannot get very much volume out of them, when I turn up the volume I get huge feeback from my subwoofer. No problem with my desktop. These speakers rock. I can't find my manuals for the laptop. It is an Acer Aspire 7730Z. I can't even find a freaking instruction manual on line to see if it might be a driver problem. Is this the best I can expect? This is the first laptop I have ever owned and don't know much about them.

By the way, my headphones get very loud.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 am

bring the speakers with your computer to the store you bought it, and tell them to help you out. I am sure they will help out
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 am

powermacho wrote:
bring the speakers with your computer to the store you bought it, and tell them to help you out. I am sure they will help out

lol! The speakers have a sub woofer, I'll need a big box to to take them in. I suspect that I will need to find some way to amplify the speakers. But I I figured the sound card would have been able to handle it though. It is Realtek High Definition audio.

The other thing is that my laptop is Vista and I still don't know a lot about vista. I was able to look at Device manager and it reported that the driver is working correctly. If I knew where to find the driver, I would consider reinstalling it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 am

are you not able to adjust the input volume in the advanced volume controls?

bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 am

mc666 wrote:
are you not able to adjust the input volume in the advanced volume controls?

Yeah, that gives me feedback out of the subwoofer also.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 pm

If the speakers that you're using don't have their own power supply then I would guess that they were meant to be used with a computer that provides a bit of power through its own output such as your desktop seems to provide. Obviously your laptop doesn't provide this (most don't). This wuld basically mean that you would need to use powered speakers with your laptop.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 pm

I have one more thing that I can try, but I would need a cable with only male ends.

This whole affair is disgusting. I finally pulled out my Bose powered speakers that are about 10 years old and figured out a way to get them to work. I still have the same problem when I try to crank it up. I guess laptops are not meant to play tunes loud unless you are using your headphones. At least I can turn these subwoofer less speakers up just a little bit more, but no where near cranked. At least Bose puts out a passable sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: external speakers with my laptop   external speakers with my laptop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

external speakers with my laptop
Page 1 of 1