Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 10:17 pm

A PBS fundraiser many years back actually featured...Deicide? Well, back when they were called Amon. Either way, it's not the type of band you'd expect to see on a fundraiser for PBS.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 3:45 pm

The Good Boys film has Judas Priest's Race With The Devil play during a chase scene.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Required Fields wrote:
A PBS fundraiser many years back actually featured...Deicide? Well, back when they were called Amon. Either way, it's not the type of band you'd expect to see on a fundraiser for PBS.

Yeah, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:36 pm

007 wrote:
The Good Boys film has Judas Priest's Race With The Devil play during a chase scene.

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 604261
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 9:59 pm

As mentioned in a Motörhead thread this month, Lemmy appeared in a Finnish dairy commercial that was filmed shortly before he died and aired shortly afterward.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 8:52 am

Watching an episode of 'American Pickers' the other day and the girl on the show was wearing a Megadeth t-shirt. Probably more of a fashion-thing than a fan, but whatever.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 2:09 am

Watched a film called Nightstalker about serial killer Richard Ramirez that had some metal songs including Jim Durkin of Dark Angel other band Dreams of Damnation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 10:21 am

Started season 2 of "Dead to Me" on Netflix. Anyone know the band/song that Christina Applegate plays when she needs to de-stress? It's some death metal, but I don't have a clue who it is.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Started season 2 of "Dead to Me" on Netflix. Anyone know the band/song that Christina Applegate plays when she needs to de-stress? It's some death metal, but I don't have a clue who it is.

It's on the previous page towards the top, but that was season one. Not sure if it's the same Song for season two. Can't remember the band name though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 1:26 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's on the previous page towards the top, but that was season one. Not sure if it's the same Song for season two. Can't remember the band name though.

Thanks, I see that. I sorta remember someone mentioning it before. Although I am thinking it's a different song/band for season 2. They only play 10 or 15 seconds, so it's kinda hard to tell. Lotsa f-bombs in those short blasts too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 2:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thanks, I see that. I sorta remember someone mentioning it before. Although I am thinking it's a different song/band for season 2. They only play 10 or 15 seconds, so it's kinda hard to tell. Lotsa f-bombs in those short blasts too.

Not sure either, I watched it too, but like you can't tell if it's the same Song or not.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 2:23 am

Not sure if this has been posted:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 5:58 am

Supernatural plays a ton of good music.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:48 pm

So I'm watching this movie on Netflix called We Summon the Darkness. Not sure if it's going to be any good, but about fifteen minutes in these chicks are at a metal concert, and the song Black Funeral from my beloved Mercyful Fate comes blaring over the speakers. I knew they were on their way to a metal concert, but the unexpected part was the song they used. Only bummer was they had some dudes on stage and not the real band. Would have become my all time favorite movie if King and company was in it. Either way, I never thought I'd hear a Mercyful Fate song in a movie. I know Clerks II had a King Diamond song, but this was just so random.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 8:30 am

^^ ooh, I didnt know that movie was on Netflix, thanx for the tip. I saw the trailer a while back and was intrigued, esp. cuz the spectacularly busty Alexandra D'Addario (she played The Rock's daughter in "San Andreas") is in it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 10:21 pm

On the poster for the movie I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore, a character is wearing a Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance shirt.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 am

On the CW Canadian import show Trickster, the main character's hot mom is wearing an Anvil jersey (with the Fukeneh humorously blurred out).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:05 pm

So while watching the '80s trash classic "Class of Nuke'Em High" this morning, I happened to notice Clive Burr's name in the credits (under "Music By...")

I was like "Whaaaaat? That couldn't be the Clive Burr, the late former Iron Maiden drummer, could it?"

So I took a quick look at the movie's IMDb page and lo and behold, it was indeed him. There's a song in the movie called "Run For Your Life" by a band called Stratus, which was apparently a short lived combo featuring Clive and some ex members of NWOBHM band Praying Mantis.

It's totally awful AOR crap but hey, ya learn something new every day Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:11 pm

I was watching the second episode of Trickster and the hot mom was wearing a different Anvil shirt and at an outdoor party they were jamming Helix's Heavy Metal Love.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 pm

My wife has been re-watching the TV series "Bones" w/Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz via Amazon Prime lately. Yesterday they were interviewing a suspect in a bowling alley, and in the background I heard Kix's "Cool Kids."

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 6:39 pm

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in this thread or not, but there was a late 1980s women in prison movie called Lust for Freedom. I have never seen it, but it featured use of the Grim Reaper song also titled "Lust for Freedom", as well as "Rock You to Hell".
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 6:23 am

Godzilla Vs. Kong has a scene with a kid jamming Judas Priest's Breaking The Law.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

007 wrote:
Godzilla Vs. Kong has a scene with a kid jamming Judas Priest's Breaking The Law.

He also wears shirts of their Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders of the Faith albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 9:08 am

Just saw a movie called Hack-O-Lantern with this band in a dream sequence...

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 10:17 am

^^ I've seen that movie. It's godawful! Haha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 29 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next