Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Just saw a TV commercial for the new Robert Downey Jr./Robert Duvall film "The Judge," and for a split second I saw a shot of Downey wearing an old Metalllica "Damaged Justice" concert tee - I sez "Hey! I used to have that shirt!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:16 pm

I noticed that as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 pm

In the Regular Show episode "Trash Boat", a Scorpions "Blackout" poster can be seen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:51 pm

My wife and I are watching an old "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and Buff just whacked a vamp that was wearing an Accept "Russian Roulette" t-shirt.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 2:14 pm

I went to see Fury with my father last night, and in the previews, there's a Canadian TV series called Corner Gas which is making a feature-length film. During a segment shown of it, someone can be seen wearing an Anvil shirt.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 6:56 pm

A little offbeat but my kids were watching Yo Gabba Gabba live and during the Aquabats segment they busted out the riff to Tom Sawyer while singing Dancy Dance. It was actually pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Music by Carcass and Goatwhore was used in a recent episode of Elementary. There was also a character in the episode named Schuldiner (a nod to Chuck Schuldiner of Death).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Apparently Sammy Hagar is in an upcoming episode of The Simpsons...
Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Sammyhagarsimpsons2014_638

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Apparently Sammy Hagar is in an upcoming episode of The Simpsons...
Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Sammyhagarsimpsons2014_638

Yep, he had a cameo in this past Sunday's episode, which was actually one of the better eps of late. It was basically a parody of the Arnel Pineda/Journey saga. Homer takes up playing the bass and forms a cover band with Rev. Lovejoy (guitar), Kirk Van Houten (keys), Dr. Hibbert (drums) and Apu (vocals).

Apu's amazingly accurate renditions of hit songs by an 80s band called "Sungazer" get him noticed by the real band so they hire him to replace their lead singer, who recently passed away via autoerotic asphyxiation Laughing very hard

Hagar turns up briefly in the middle of the episode and then again at the end, when Homer and the band end up in jail.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 am

I was surprised to hear quite a few rock/metal references in "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" last night.

The bad guys in the movie are two doofus wanna-be musicians who want to steal an expensive purebred dog from the pet shop Grumpy Cat lives in. They plan to use the ransom money from the pet shop to finance the recording of their demo tape and purchase a tour bus.

At one point these guys have an extended argument over who was the best Van Halen singer  - one guy even sticks up for Gary Cherone, saying he was not only a better singer than Hagar, but "could take him in a kung-fu fight" - and later on they compare themselves to James Hetfield and Cliff Burton.

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 pm

There was an episode of American Dad which used of all things, Kim Mitchell's Go For a Soda for a montage. I wasnt even aware that song was popular outside Canada.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 pm

There was a commercial many years ago in Canada for Microcell Telecommunications which used a song by the Canadian metal band Dead Brain Cells.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Also, Pantera and Rob Halford recorded a song called "Light Comes Out of Black" that was on the movie soundtrack for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The movie was drastically different from the TV series that followed. Whereas the series, which most people think of, was darker and more serious in nature, the movie was very cheesy and campy.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I heard the Scorpions "You and I" was played on some figure skating show.

Also I was surprised to see the fairly obscure heavy metal group Malice featured in the movie "Vice Versa"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 am

Over the holidays, I was channel surfing and caught some of the movie 'Tough Guys' with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. The Red Hot Chili Peppers play themselves on stage in one of the night club scenes.

Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:11 am

Here's a commercial from 1992 with Ted Nugent:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 9:50 am

In true Ted Nugent fashion, he should have shot the bunny with a bow and arrow at the end. Twisted Evil

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 pm

My daughter was watching a Nick show called The Thundermans and The Final Countdown was playing during a scene.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:19 pm

There was a KISS reference in this past week's "Simpsons," which was about a circus performer who hypnotizes Homer into thinking he's a ten year old boy. Chief Wiggum and officer Lou bust in and Wiggum sez the hypnotist is under arrest "for mesmerizing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame into inducting KISS!"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
There was a KISS reference in this past week's "Simpsons," which was about a circus performer who hypnotizes Homer into thinking he's a ten year old boy.  Chief Wiggum and officer Lou bust in and Wiggum sez the hypnotist is under arrest "for mesmerizing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame into inducting KISS!"

KISS showed up in an episode of 'Fairly OddParents' on Nickelodeon the other day. I was in the kitchen and heard 'Rock N Roll All Nite' and saw cartoon versions of KISS on the tv. Not sure what the context of the show was though. And the talking voices of Paul and Gene sounded "off". I'm wondering if it wasn't them.

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 WishologyPt1-666

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 am

The interwebs say that Paul and Gene did indeed provide the voices. Gene was speaking in a growly demon voice, so I guess that's why he sounded different. And of course, Tommy & Eric remained mute.

Gene: "We are not paying you to speak. Put on your make-up and play your instruments."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The interwebs say that Paul and Gene did indeed provide the voices. Gene was speaking in a growly demon voice, so I guess that's why he sounded different. And of course, Tommy & Eric remained mute.

Gene: "We are not paying you to speak. Put on your make-up and play your instruments."

Gene, as well as Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss, all provided their voices in the Family Guy episode A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am

Anything for a buck - who would of guessed !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:33 pm

The new Carl Jr.'s ad that may or may not run during the Super Bowl has a soundtrack from Uncle Ted. Not that anyone would notice. Yowzaa!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of theirs, but a member of Killswitch Engage was on The Price is Right today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 19 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next